HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais - Black or White Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 02:26 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The warning wasn't directed at you btw, but don't take this thread down that route again, it only leads to stupidity.

There's plenty of reasons DD is singled out, irrationally and rationally. Have you seen the things said about Gionta around here?
My point was : obvious trolling should be dealt with like obvious trolling.

Regarding Gionta....

Gionta takes 5M$ on the cap and plays like a guy who should be taking 3M on the cap (considering UFA status when signed). The same can be said regarding Gorges, though he's making 1.1M less than Gionta.

DD takes 850K on the cap and plays like a guy who should be taking 850K on the cap (considering RFA status).

What prevents a team to get better is, amongst other things, but mainly, caproom.

Now, which player is the object of more nonsense nowadays? DD or Gionta?

(Especially considering that, Gionta playing like a 3M player isn't even nonsense to begin with).

When I'll see that the Habs should get a better 4th netminder due to Gionta repeated turnovers artificially created by shooting pucks from 90ft distance.... well, I'll defend Gionta.

But that hasn't been the case, and that won't be the case.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:26 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
... I don't know what to say about this. I mean, I tried REALLY HARD to come up with something REALLY stupid.

I never resorted to this in the DD thread, but I have no choice : you really hate him because he's a French guy, because there's no rational explanation for the pure nonsense that you've just written.
Firstly, I don't think you really had to try that hard!

Secondly, your deduction is really irrational. One of my friends' favorite players is a French player! so don't go accusing me of anti-franco sentiments.

And as for all the 'garbage' in this thread... I blame DD for that of course!

PS. Some people take these threads to seriously and can't see the forest for the trees.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Galch, for the reason explained by Et le But, below.

One thing with those lines, though.

Taking DD out of the PP for general poor performance on the PP doesn't make much sense if Pacioretty remains on the PP. Not that I advocate taking Pacioretty out of the PP -- if anything, DD himself should be tried there, especially if there's some kind of plan to move him at wing in the medium term.
I'm more in favor of splitting the two up than "punishing" either, but I also think Galchenyuk and Eller deserve a shot on the PP, and both of them make Desharnais' presence more redundant than Pacioretty's. I'm more concerned with shaking up the PP (except for Plekanec-Ryder, who are gold) than banishing anyone completely. Removing Desharnais from the PP is ideally a short term thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
One of my friends' favorite players is a French player!

Old
04-01-2013, 02:29 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Desharnais is affected by the key reason Gionta gets no love and deemed expendable despite in the 3 seasons + 2 playoffs excluding 11/12 where he was hampered by injuries:
203 games
79 goals
131 points

This production over 82 games:
82 games
32 goals
53 points

The Habs/Smurf stereotype affects more people than they want to admit. Having 2 of the 7 smallest players (3 of the 13 shortest players) affects peoples opinion.
I think you have a point.
This said... When Gionta gets singled out as a reason why the Habs should get a 4th netminder, then your parallell with be a truth.

Now, it's an half-truth at best.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Et le But

Quote:
This said... When Gionta gets singled out as a reason why the Habs should get a 4th netminder, then your parallell with be a truth.

Only one poster is saying that though, you really shouldn't take the bait. It's like saying there's a conspiracy against Czech players on this board because of patofqc.

And if Desharnais is singled out too much, it's because he's the center of the exploitation line and therefore has the most responsibly of all our centers to put up points -with privilege comes responsibility. Just as Eller can be defended for having less offensive output in his current role, Desharnais lacks that shield.

And if Pacioretty isn't getting enough criticism in comparison, it says more about how much this board loves Pacioretty than anything about Desharnais. And the height obsession.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:

How about Gionta being nominated for a compliance buyout:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...a#post57259055

Old
04-01-2013, 02:37 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Only one poster is saying that though, you really shouldn't take the bait. It's like saying there's a conspiracy against Czech players on this board because of patofqc.

And if Desharnais is singled out too much, it's because he's the center of the exploitation line and therefore has the most responsibly of all our centers to put up points -with privilege comes responsibility. Just as Eller can be defended for having less offensive output in his current role, Desharnais lacks that shield.

And if Pacioretty isn't getting enough criticism in comparison, it says more about how much this board loves Pacioretty than anything about Desharnais.
No truth to that, I hear patofqc's friends has a favourite player who is Czech.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:38 PM
MXD

Quote:
How about Gionta being nominated for a compliance buyout:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...a#post57259055
Well, it's already much less stupid than DD being a 2nd line AHL Center.

And that's only one post.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:41 PM
MXD

Quote:

So... a 850K player playing like a 850K player is a problem?

Old
04-01-2013, 02:42 PM
NHLFutureGuy3

Quote:
Desharnais is affected by the key reason Gionta gets no love and deemed expendable despite in the 3 seasons + 2 playoffs excluding 11/12 where he was hampered by injuries:
203 games
79 goals
131 points

This production over 82 games:
82 games
32 goals
53 points

The Habs/Smurf stereotype affects more people than they want to admit. Having 2 of the 7 smallest players (3 of the 13 smallest players) affects peoples opinion.
I always gave Gionta his due and have always respected what he brought this team. However, I don't like having too many small players in the lineup. Desharnais is the most expendable small guy on our team. Gionta brings leadership, experience and is a proven playoff performer.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:52 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:

And if Pacioretty isn't getting enough criticism in comparison, it says more about how much this board loves Pacioretty than anything about Desharnais. And the height obsession.
Don't get me started on Pacioretti... yes Pacioretti. What is he trying to hide with that obvious name change by dropping the 'i' for the 'y'?

And don't start accusing me of being anti-Italian... my fathers' children are all Italians.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Well, it's already much less stupid than DD being a 2nd line AHL Center.

And that's only one post.
I haven't memorized all the Gionta crazy hate posts though. The post I posted was the first result by searching Gionta and buyout, here are more from last month:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...t#post61988083

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...t#post60819349

I mean what else can I do, write a code to search the entire web for all Gionta hate posts? Not saying it is the case with you but it's difficult to argue against an opinion if the person already has the preconceived notion that people hate on DD or any French Canadian player because they are French. If that's the case, there's little that can be said to convince that person otherwise.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
So... a 850K player playing like a 850K player is a problem?
If Subban plays like a 2.875M player instead of being in Norris talks from now on, will there be a problem? If Pacioretty plays like a 1.625M player instead of a player on pace for 67 points, will there be a problem? Galchenyuk isn't playing like a 3.225M player, is there a problem?

Old
04-01-2013, 03:23 PM
MXD

Quote:
If Subban plays like a 2.875M player instead of being in Norris talks from now on, will there be a problem? If Pacioretty plays like a 1.625M player instead of a player on pace for 67 points, will there be a problem? Galchenyuk isn't playing like a 3.225M player, is there a problem?
Take a long look at your post, and if you don't see what's wrong, start again.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Take a long look at your post, and if you don't see what's wrong, start again.
So you see the problem, now use that logic on your post.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:30 PM
MXD

Quote:
So you see the problem, now use that logic on your post.
You used reversed logic of something logical, thus turned it into something illogical.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
You used reversed logic of something logical, thus turned it into something illogical.
No, it was illogical to begin with. A player's current salary does not excuse poor play. Pacioretty/Subban/Desharnais playing relative to how they're currently paid would be a problem while Galcheyuk not playing to his caphit isn't a problem. Context is key.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:42 PM
MXD

Quote:
No, it was illogical to begin with. A player's current salary does not excuse poor play. Pacioretty/Subban/Desharnais playing relative to how they're currently paid would be a problem while Galcheyuk not playing to his caphit isn't a problem. Context is key.
A player salary does not excuse poor play, but a player salary should actually set the logical expectations.

The expectations for DD should actually be RATHER low, considering salary.

Besides, on how Earth is this a problem with Subban?!?!?!

Old
04-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
A player salary does not excuse poor play, but a player salary should actually set the logical expectations.

The expectations for DD should actually be RATHER low, considering salary.

Besides, on how Earth is this a problem with Subban?!?!?!
Like I said, you fail to include context.

Desharnais is relied as the team's #1 offensive center. Pacioretty is relied as the team's #1 offensive winger. Subban is the team's #1 D.

They're current cap hits are 0.85M, 1.625M, and 2.875M respectively.

Expectations change, those three are expected to be key players on the team whether their cap hits are low or not.

In the end, it wouldn't matter what I say if you have a preconceived notion that any hate DD/French Canadian player get is due to them being French. For example, quite a few Bruins fans watch Habs/Bruins games with the preconceived notion that all the Habs players dive. When they see a Habs player fall from contact, it is difficult to convince them it isn't a dive. I'm not going to say that there is zero French hate, just like I can't say Habs never dive. However, it is not really fair to suggest French hate every time a French player is criticized.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 04-01-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old
04-01-2013, 04:10 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Err, what?
What are you asking?

Old
04-01-2013, 05:06 PM
MXD

Quote:
Like I said, you fail to include context.

Desharnais is relied as the team's #1 offensive center. Pacioretty is relied as the team's #1 offensive winger. Subban is the team's #1 D.

They're current cap hits are 0.85M, 1.625M, and 2.875M respectively.

Expectations change, those three are expected to be key players on the team whether their cap hits are low or not.

In the end, it wouldn't matter what I say if you have a preconceived notion that any hate DD/French Canadian player get is due to them being French. For example, quite a few Bruins fans watch Habs/Bruins games with the preconceived notion that all the Habs players dive. When they see a Habs player fall from contact, it is difficult to convince them it isn't a dive. I'm not going to say that there is zero French hate, just like I can't say Habs never dive. However, it is not really fair to suggest French hate every time a French player is criticized.
But in the end, put lipstick on a pig, and it's still a pig.

Old
04-01-2013, 06:17 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
My point was : obvious trolling should be dealt with like obvious trolling.

Regarding Gionta....

Gionta takes 5M$ on the cap and plays like a guy who should be taking 3M on the cap (considering UFA status when signed). The same can be said regarding Gorges, though he's making 1.1M less than Gionta.

DD takes 850K on the cap and plays like a guy who should be taking 850K on the cap (considering RFA status).

What prevents a team to get better is, amongst other things, but mainly, caproom.

Now, which player is the object of more nonsense nowadays? DD or Gionta?

(Especially considering that, Gionta playing like a 3M player isn't even nonsense to begin with).

When I'll see that the Habs should get a better 4th netminder due to Gionta repeated turnovers artificially created by shooting pucks from 90ft distance.... well, I'll defend Gionta.

But that hasn't been the case, and that won't be the case.
excellent point my friend

the point is simple

these retarded teams gms and owners continuously overpay " gio types "

I dont care if he is a UFA or not , bang on Gio is a 3 mil player , thats all 40-45 point players should make , but these fools never learn

then a year or 2 into their deal they realize , oh S H I T we just paid a 20 goal scorer 5 mil , lets see if someone takes him off our hands

nothing against Gio but he is close to being a dime a dozen player for us

for 1/3 to 1/2 that salary I can pickup Fedotenko or Prospal every year on a short term deal

You give him top 6 minutes with Pleks , second pp time , how much of a drop would you see ....not enough to justify 3 extra mil Gio makes

Old
04-01-2013, 10:21 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Great game by DD tonight. Finish or no finish.

And I'm not talking about the country.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:25 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Great game by DD tonight. Finish or no finish.

And I'm not talking about the country.
Him and Max looked better. Max looked very confident, very good and made things happen but DD was in right spot and made a few plays that created chances as well.

Hopefully it stays this way but you never know.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:33 PM
NHLFutureGuy3

I'm glad Desharnais played well. He is who I think he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc

Closed Thread