HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 03:30 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
JayBo-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Leopold-Polak

That's a great defensive core, but Bob is on crack if he thinks our ownership will pay for it.
What I don't understand is how if the two fanbases think Giordano for Cole + Rattie is an agreeable deal, the asking price for a worse and far, far more expensive Bouwmeester would require more from the Blues. Calgary has to eat at least 3M off the Bouwmeester ticket and even then I don't want to give anything of value up for that guy. The best I can hope for is Feaster and Armstrong have agreed on that asking price for Giordano, but as a favor Armstrong "stays" in the Bouwmeester bidding as a favor to Feaster so he can extort more from Detroit.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:36 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
What I don't understand is how if the two fanbases think Giordano for Cole + Rattie is an agreeable deal, the asking price for a worse and far, far more expensive Bouwmeester would require more from the Blues. Calgary has to eat at least 3M off the Bouwmeester ticket and even then I don't want to give anything of value up for that guy. The best I can hope for is Feaster and Armstrong have agreed on that asking price for Giordano, but as a favor Armstrong "stays" in the Bouwmeester bidding as a favor to Feaster so he can extort more from Detroit.
That would be so effing epic if that happened.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 1691
Quote:
Last part I believe is what Armstrong is doing. Feaster and Army are stringing along to acquire Giordono and have Detroit overpay and possibly miss the playoffs for acquiring J-Bo.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
I would be more inclined to buy the "thrown to the wolves" argument if he was much younger. He's 24. He was drafted six years ago. He's developed in Peoria. He's played in the NHL. He's absorbed how to be a professional. He's dealt with good coaches. Jonas Brodin is 19 and handling top pairing minutes. Cole was just asked to play 17-18 minutes of solid even strength hockey with no special teams. So if it wasn't entering this season, than at one point can we expect Cole to take his game to the next level? At some point, the good players start to separate themselves no matter the situation or role they are asked to play.
I would tentatively agree with this if the rest of the possible partners were not getting sheltered minutes.
If hitch would have...maybe slowly turned this on, in particular in light of the fact that Pietrangelo was playing less than stellar (as was much of the Blues defense) then I think there is a chance we see a better version of Cole. Maybe not.

I do think Hitch is somewhat tolerant of mistakes made by the forward line but has absolutely no patience for such from the defenders (which makes sense in a way...they are supposed to be your last line before meeting the dude in big pads) which is where Cole ran afoul.
I would have preferred to see Cole play with Shattenkirk and Jackman with Pietrangelo once we saw that Pietrangelo was less than he was last season. For certain before evidently losing his spot permanently to Redden.

If they move Cole, as long as they are moving toward a better player I do not have an issue...moving him simply to rid the Blues system of him is poor asset management.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:56 PM
ExJbeck

vCash: 821
Anyone know of any rumors regarding Gio's availability?

Old
04-01-2013, 04:02 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Anyone see Giroux's April Fool's joke on Hartnell saying good luck in St. Louis? I actually wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Maybe he replaces a winger that would be moved for a defenseman. Contract really doesn't fit unless Stillman wins the lottery.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Anyone see Giroux's April Fool's joke on Hartnell saying good luck in St. Louis? I actually wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Maybe he replaces a winger that would be moved for a defenseman. Contract really doesn't fit unless Stillman wins the lottery.
Wouldn't mind Hartnell one bit.

Old
04-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Alklha

vCash: 500
Reading some of the stuff on my facebook... "heard Berglund+Cole for Bouw+Stajan. Calgary wont eat salary wo blues adding"

Not buying that we are even in for another defenseman just now.

Still, not long until this madness is over.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:47 PM
ExJbeck

vCash: 821
Jaybo

Old
04-01-2013, 07:53 PM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

well we picked up jaybo... happy to see him on the ice... hate to see him on the financial spreadsheet...

Old
04-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
well we picked up jaybo... happy to see him on the ice... hate to see him on the financial spreadsheet...
We must be pretty confident going forward. Our defense looks pretty impressive on paper now, and we are clearly looking to make an impact in the playoffs.

You have to imagine that Ian Cole and maybe Kris Russell will be available now.

Old
04-01-2013, 08:08 PM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
We must be pretty confident going forward. Our defense looks pretty impressive on paper now, and we are clearly looking to make an impact in the playoffs.

You have to imagine that Ian Cole and maybe Kris Russell will be available now.
Prefer moving cole just because of what we could get in return if he's not gonna be playing anyway.

Old
04-01-2013, 08:21 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

The Blues are like that Seinfeld episode where George thinks he sees Jerry's girlfriend making out with his cousin Jeffrey and Jerry doesn't know what to believe. "You're eating onions, you're spotting dimes I don't know what the hell is going on!"

"We're selling the Rivermen, we're acquiring 7 mil in salary I don't know what the hell is going on!!"

Old
04-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Would like to get Wayne Simmonds. Some sort of deal based around Perron or one of our 3 #7 defensemen? (Russel, Cole, Redden)

Old
04-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Would like to get Wayne Simmonds. Some sort of deal based around Perron or one of our 3 #7 defensemen? (Russel, Cole, Redden)
Our RW is set with Oshie, Stewart and Tarasenko. The Flyers wouldn't be interested in moving Simmonds anyway.

Old
04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Our RW is set with Oshie, Stewart and Tarasenko. The Flyers wouldn't be interested in moving Simmonds anyway.
Oh, oops. Thought Frank played left wing, only was remembering hes a lefty.

I heard Simmonds might be moving though, and I definitely wouldn't mind having him. If he could play on his off wing, or even Tarasenko plays on the left side.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:41 PM
taylord22

Gotta be Cole moving. Russell and Leopold get to hold tryouts for who gets first crack at an extension. Cole has been bumped out of the future. Center help or re acquiring of picks, I assume.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:45 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
The trade deadline wild cards from Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger are EJ and Couturier.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:46 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylord22 View Post
Gotta be Cole moving. Russell and Leopold get to hold tryouts for who gets first crack at an extension. Cole has been bumped out of the future. Center help or re acquiring of picks, I assume.
What kind of center does Berglund + Cole get you?

Old
04-01-2013, 10:47 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
Quote:
The kind that could put the Blues in financial trouble. Probably Statsny. I'd pass.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:55 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylord22 View Post
I think you're right about re-acquiring assets and there are bigger fish monetarily speaking (McDonald) than Cole. Things could suddenly go in 1,000 different directions before the deadline but I expect the Blues to both shed money before the deadline and try to re-acquire a 2nd.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:59 PM
taylord22

Quote:
A decent one, but outside of Stastny and Burmistrov (who obviously isn't worth that), I don't know who would be available pre draft. You have any ideas? Even if it's just Cole? Can't imagine Cole's worth will be anything after tomorrow unless he's signed and traded in the offseason.

One thing that I will say is that I'm not AS worried about our financials as some. Stillman talked at length in several business oriented articles over the summer (all taken from the same source, I think) about capitalizing on the ebbs and flows of contention. He basically said that consistency doesn't win you fans in smaller markets as it's perceived as stagnation. I wouldn't be surprised if he was willing to ride the cap for 1.5 yrs on contracts with 1 & 2 yrs remaining in an effort to win something while this core can be together. Maybe I'm 'buying in' to Stillman too much. He is a shark when you get into the (released) details of his business, after all.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:14 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Couple tweets

Quote:
@jprutherford Here was contrasting scene at end of 1st period. Armstrong elated after completing deal. Head in his hands when Halak went down.
Quote:
@jprutherford Scene No. 2: Armstrong chatting with Don Meehan (Pietrangelo's agent) after the game. Wonder if the starting point is now $6.6 million?

Old
04-01-2013, 11:21 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Couple tweets
Well Armstrong knew what he was doing and he wouldn't have gotten JayBo if it kept him from resigning who he wanted.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Bluesman91

I hope Armstrong is as sick of Halak as some of us are.

Closed Thread