HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Updates in Post #1: Crosby (jaw) | Martin (hand) 4-6 weeks | Letang (toe) 1 week

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
It seems pretty low class coming from a coach. And if one actually believes in hockey gods, it also seems like a good way to set yourself up for a kick in the balls of your own.
Agreed. I'm used to those kind of comments from the mouth breather fans of our opposition, but a NHL head coach?

Old
04-01-2013, 02:37 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Yah...I think you'll need to get used to it because I doubt they're gonna stop that.
Yea, I learned a long time ago: the world is full of stupid, ignorant, petty people. What can ya do?

Old
04-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Being in the hospital sucks. Nurses are always checking on you, which is their job, but it gets really annoying pretty fast. Hopefully Sid has his own room too. You would not believe some of the idiots I had to room with when I was in the hospital. There was a guy with one leg that never shut up and made horribly offensive sexual comments to everybody. There were another few nights rooming with some idiot that woke me up every half hour or so the entire night by loudly singing the opening to old shows on TV Land. I wanted to dive out the window to my death after a few nights of that ****.
It's Sidney Crosby. I'm nearly positive he has his own room.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket of Russia View Post
Agreed. Low class move all around.

But seriously, the hockey gods would be punishing Crosby and the Penguins for (devil’s advocate here) Iginla double-crossing the Bruins? I mean, what is the basis?
And more confusingly, why would Randy Carlyle give a **** about a situation involving the Pens & Bruins? You'd think he'd have enough to worry about with his own team. Maybe he was just annoyed at being asked a question about Crosby, but come on. Don't be an *******.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Being in the hospital sucks. Nurses are always checking on you, which is their job, but it gets really annoying pretty fast. Hopefully Sid has his own room too. You would not believe some of the idiots I had to room with when I was in the hospital. There was a guy with one leg that never shut up and made horribly offensive sexual comments to everybody. There were another few nights rooming with some idiot that woke me up every half hour or so the entire night by loudly singing the opening to old shows on TV Land. I wanted to dive out the window to my death after a few nights of that ****.
They likely registered Sid under an assumed name. I know that they do that, my girlfriend is a nurse and she has had some celebrities come through, sports and otherwise. And yeah it goes both ways, some patients act like they are in a five star resort and are rude, demanding, condescending, and constantly buzz the nurse like he/she is their personal maid. Then there are the ones who get 'innapropriate' with their demands. My girlfriend has had several pull the covers down and say 'wash this baby!'. She then sends in one of the nurses who is a dude, 6'6" tall, and ironically played hockey in his younger days. Great guy but intimidating as hell. He says 'do we have a problem here?' They never do. My favorite story (and as an aside no names are ever used when she tells me things, that would be a Hippa violation) was of the uber cool young doctor who was hitting on a young nurse during a cardiac event, was leaned against the bed in his cool pose when they used the paddles on the guy. The doctor flew across the room as the electricity was conducted through the guy and bed to him, and slammed into the wall and his heart stopped. They had to get another cart to revive the doctor then.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:44 PM
wgknestrick

How long until we get him back?

Old
04-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
It's Sidney Crosby. I'm nearly positive he has his own room.
Yeah, I figured he would but you never know since hospitals can get pretty crowded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
They likely registered Sid under an assumed name. I know that they do that, my girlfriend is a nurse and she has had some celebrities come through, sports and otherwise. And yeah it goes both ways, some patients act like they are in a five star resort and are rude, demanding, condescending, and constantly buzz the nurse like he/she is their personal maid. Then there are the ones who get 'innapropriate' with their demands. My girlfriend has had several pull the covers down and say 'wash this baby!'. She then sends in one of the nurses who is a dude, 6'6" tall, and ironically played hockey in his younger days. Great guy but intimidating as hell. He says 'do we have a problem here?' They never do. My favorite story (and as an aside no names are ever used when she tells me things, that would be a Hippa violation) was of the uber cool young doctor who was hitting on a young nurse during a cardiac event, was leaned against the bed in his cool pose when they used the paddles on the guy. The doctor flew across the room as the electricity was conducted through the guy and bed to him, and slammed into the wall and his heart stopped. They had to get another cart to revive the doctor then.
Good stuff.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post

Sad to say, given past events like this we may not know until the day he takes the ice. Pens do not like to tell us much of anything.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:55 PM
nTsplnk*

Guys he went to Presbyterian, he probably has his own room there, and those rooms are nice.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherDigest View Post
Guys he went to Presbyterian, he probably has his own room there, and those rooms are nice.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:16 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
https://twitter.com/kevin_mcgran/sta...03292593475585

What crawled up Randy Carlyle's ass and died with regards to the Pens recently? Didn't he just make another snarky comment about them as well?
1967. 'Nuff said.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
They likely registered Sid under an assumed name. I know that they do that, my girlfriend is a nurse and she has had some celebrities come through, sports and otherwise. And yeah it goes both ways, some patients act like they are in a five star resort and are rude, demanding, condescending, and constantly buzz the nurse like he/she is their personal maid. ... My favorite story (and as an aside no names are ever used when she tells me things, that would be a Hippa violation) was of the uber cool young doctor who was hitting on a young nurse during a cardiac event, was leaned against the bed in his cool pose when they used the paddles on the guy. The doctor flew across the room as the electricity was conducted through the guy and bed to him, and slammed into the wall and his heart stopped. They had to get another cart to revive the doctor then.
Quote:

Inarguably the best back-to-back posts on the board this year.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Too bad about Carlysle. I respected him until about 3 minutes ago.

Crosby (and Joe) has a message for you, blue shirt: see you in the playoffs.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Sutter16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post

Yeah I agree. Totally classless.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Erz8771

vCash: 100
Quote:

No kidding, what an ahole.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM

Have hated Randy Carlyle since the puck jumped over his stick in Game 5 vs. the Islanders. Stupid git.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:39 PM
gordie

Here's some facts for you younger fans. Stan Savaran whenever he comes back on Madden's show might relate some of his dealings with Randy Carlyle like when he showed up to camp overweight and out of shape sulking & crying about how the team was rebuilding back in 83-84 and he would be happier elsewhere. When the Pens did trade him to the original version of the Winnipeg Jets, he threw a parting shot at Pittsburgh saying "at least the fans come to the games in Winnipeg". Used to like Randy Carlyle was one of my favorite players but over the last 30 years or so the less of him the better.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Inarguably the best back-to-back posts on the board this year.
Flattery will get you everywhere.

Ok, one more story just for you. My girlfriend worked on the cardiac unit for years, ICU, and they bring prisoners in at times. They brought one in who had had a coronary, and she felt badly for him. Handcuffed to the bed, and two guards at the door. What was he going to do? He had just had a major coronary event. Well the guards broke protocol and went off for five minutes to get a cup of coffee and when she looked up the guy was getting on the elevator in his gown, his ass showing, dragging the bed behind him with his handcuffed hand. I have no clue what his plan was. Go down Federal Street with a bed dragging behind him and his ass exposed to the wind?

Old
04-01-2013, 03:51 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:

Ok, one more story just for you. My girlfriend worked on the cardiac unit for years, ICU, and they bring prisoners in at times. They brought one in who had had a coronary, and she felt badly for him. Handcuffed to the bed, and two guards at the door. What was he going to do? He had just had a major coronary event. Well the guards broke protocol and went off for five minutes to get a cup of coffee and when she looked up the guy was getting on the elevator in his gown, his ass showing, dragging the bed behind him with his handcuffed hand. I have no clue what his plan was. Go down Federal Street with a bed dragging behind him and his ass exposed to the wind?

that's actually hilarious

Old
04-01-2013, 03:53 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Crosby continues to be in good spirits. Don't be surprised to see him back before the regular season ends.
http://twitter.com/JoshYohe_Trib/sta...28341627064320

Old
04-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Crosby continues to be in good spirits. Don't be surprised to see him back before the regular season ends.
This is what I like to hear

Old
04-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
What is the relevance of this? If he had two legs would he have seemed less offensive?

Old
04-01-2013, 04:03 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
better than my avatar :\

Old
04-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:

[Doors open to basement, janitor walks by] "Hey man, you gotta cut these cuffs off... one of the nurses in the heart ward... she's a real PSYCHO... handcuffed me to the bed! When she went to get the rectal thermometer in the next room, I dragged the whole bed in the elevator. Please man ya gotta HELP ME!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Wouldn't surprise me at all. I figured he'd be back in a week or 10 days with a cage until all this jaw surgey and wire-no-wire talk happened. I still think he'll be back before the last game of the regular season though.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:07 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Dick comment by Carlyle for sure. He talks pretty big for a coach of a team that has been essentially overachieving all year. Let's see if they can be this dominant next year during a regular 82 game season. We all know they won't be.

Can't wait until the Leafs get eliminated from the playoffs, hopefully by us. It would serve him right for being an *******. Frankly garbage comments like the one he just spewed I'd expect from a schmuck like Tortorella, but not him.

Closed Thread