HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Speculation Part V: Report - Pominville asked for his NTC list of 8

Old
04-01-2013, 05:22 PM
sba

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
What does that have to do with Pominville?
What good does trading a 60-70pt, decent two-way player do? How does it make this team better?? It doesn't.

I sure hope if this is the case, the oft-injured, big money LW is on the block too.

sba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:23 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
What good does trading a 60-70pt, decent two-way player do? How does it make this team better?? It doesn't.

I sure hope if this is the case, the oft-injured, big money LW is on the block too.
Is the concept of rebuilding a team completely lost on you? What is keeping Pominville on this terrible team going to accomplish?

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

Quote:

Relieves a perennial loser team of its soft-spoken "captain" who is gone in a year anyway.

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:

What good does keeping a 60-70 point, decent two-way player do in the course of rebuilding the roster? The idea is to move on from the old. Including Pominville.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:25 PM
sba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Is the concept of rebuilding a team completely lost on you? What is keeping Pominville on this terrible team going to accomplish?
Another Darcy rebuild, where he brings in the same types of players isn't going to do any good.

It accomplishes having at least SOME scoring on this unwatchable trainwreck. If you think this year is bad, wait until next year with first line RW Tyler Toffoli or whatever he brings back.

Old
04-01-2013, 05:28 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Another Darcy rebuild, where he brings in the same types of players isn't going to do any good.

It accomplishes having at least SOME scoring on this unwatchable trainwreck. If you think this year is bad, wait until next year with first line RW Tyler Toffoli or whatever he brings back.
Yes, because Regier hasn't changed the style of players that he targets over the past four/five years.

I'm not even going to touch your Toffoli comment.

Old
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
What good does keeping a 60-70 point, decent two-way player do in the course of rebuilding the roster? The idea is to move on from the old. Including Pominville.
Agreed. And to use your pieces to get assets that help the team down the road

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GameMisconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
If Regehr doesn't waive his NTC to go play somewhere else for a couple measly months I'll rage

It's only Jason Pominville and the team needs to retool.
I think it's more along the lines of seeing someone like him go while some of the other players who exemplify what's wrong here stay (I'm looking at you Nancy). Say what you want about Poms (and he is clearly not having a great season), overall he's a talented player who produces consistently, isn't a diva, and almost always puts forth an effort .

He's an easy whipping boy for many because he doesn't fit the stereotypical mold of a captain that some have and he doesn't play the fan favorite hitting game etc. Some people have never gotten over him being named captain instead of Vanek. He's also an even keeled not to down not to up sort of personality and this combined with the fact that he ends up being the person giving the interviews in a crappy season means he gets more than his share of blame.

I think he's a very good player and good individual who does stuff the right way and does what he's asked to as well as he can without the sulking, etc. I also don't believe he's a great captain, but I don't think there is a player on this roster who has the makings of a great captain, though one or two might down the road.

There are far bigger problems on the roster than having Jason Pomminville on it. I think he's a valuable piece who can bring a lot going forward if he stays. He produces with whoever he is with (occasional slumps aside) can play in all situations (certainly he's better defensively than he's showed this year) and he's rarely injured.

I wouldn't be upset if he were replaced as captain and I would be damn happy to see him swapped off the point on the PP, but I'd miss a player like him more than I have most who are no longer in blue and gold.

I understand re-tooling and I'm a fan of the sweater so I'll adjust, but I definitely understand the sentiment. If they clearly get better as a result and jettison some of the other ballast, I can live with it.

GameMisconduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

I have no problem trading players for picks. I am concerned that if we open cap space, will there be any UFAs this summer worth the money?

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:33 PM
VilleLeino

Quote:
If they trade Poms, I'm just going to go be a Pens fan. This franchise sucks.

good riddance....

Pom isnt nearly the player drury or briere was and youre still here. See you next season when Poms isnt on this roster.

VilleLeino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:35 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
LeBrun reports Montreal is kicking the tires on Regehr.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:35 PM
jfb392

Ren Lavoie of RDS is now reporting that Pominville has been asked for his list of teams, so I'd say it's legit.

Last edited by jfb392: 04-01-2013 at 06:11 PM.
jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:37 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
**** is about to get real

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:38 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Woah. Here we go.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:39 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
He's been asked to waive, or just list the teams?

Old
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Yeah, so the next "core" can come in and fail too?
What's your point exactly? The current core hasn't worked out so the organization shouldn't ever try a new core of players as it's doomed to fail?

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Asked to waive or asked for list? Important distinction

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Sabresfansince1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMisconduct View Post
I think it's more along the lines of seeing someone like him go while some of the other players who exemplify what's wrong here stay (I'm looking at you Nancy). Say what you want about Poms (and he is clearly not having a great season), overall he's a talented player who produces consistently, isn't a diva, and almost always puts forth an effort .

He's an easy whipping boy for many because he doesn't fit the stereotypical mold of a captain that some have and he doesn't play the fan favorite hitting game etc. Some people have never gotten over him being named captain instead of Vanek. He's also an even keeled not to down not to up sort of personality and this combined with the fact that he ends up being the person giving the interviews in a crappy season means he gets more than his share of blame.

I think he's a very good player and good individual who does stuff the right way and does what he's asked to as well as he can without the sulking, etc. I also don't believe he's a great captain, but I don't think there is a player on this roster who has the makings of a great captain, though one or two might down the road.

There are far bigger problems on the roster than having Jason Pomminville on it. I think he's a valuable piece who can bring a lot going forward if he stays. He produces with whoever he is with (occasional slumps aside) can play in all situations (certainly he's better defensively than he's showed this year) and he's rarely injured.

I wouldn't be upset if he were replaced as captain and I would be damn happy to see him swapped off the point on the PP, but I'd miss a player like him more than I have most who are no longer in blue and gold.

I understand re-tooling and I'm a fan of the sweater so I'll adjust, but I definitely understand the sentiment. If they clearly get better as a result and jettison some of the other ballast, I can live with it.
My thoughts as well, but I'll add that I think trading the big three is unnecessary because a quicker re-tool can be accomplished before their production slides. At the very least, there is time to see how this deadline and summer pan out and how next season goes before having to commit another contract to them. The difference between their return now and next deadline is not going to be very much, and they may even be more attractive as pending UFAs next season since they'll demand cap space that will be hard for GMs to deal with if acquired now.

For me there's nothing personal about it, I just think other moves can be made first. If one of them are traded by Wednesday, I'll just hope that a very good return comes in the shape of top prospects that are NHL ready. I'd hate to simply get draft picks that are too much of a risk to bust.

Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:

I just hope it's not another crappy Darcy rebuild where the Sabres become one of the best teams in the league, because that'd suck

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:41 PM
sba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
My thoughts as well, but I'll add that I think trading the big three is unnecessary because a quicker re-tool can be accomplished before their production slides. At the very least, there is time to see how this deadline and summer pan out and how next season goes before having to commit another contract to them. The difference between their return now and next deadline is not going to be very much, and they may even be more attractive as pending UFAs next season since they'll demand cap space that will be hard for GMs to deal with if acquired now.

For me there's nothing personal about it, I just think other moves can be made first.
pretty much this

Old
04-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Shmuffalo
It's SAMSON, bozo.

Quote:
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 14s
Darcy Regier told Jason Pominville that with the team current situation, he needs to see what's out there. #sabres #RDS

Quote:
@RenLavoieRDS 2m
#sabres Jason Pominville should give tonight or Tuesday morning a list of 8 teams were he does NOT want to play. #RDS
I guess he hasn't submitted it yet

Shmuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:42 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Asked for a list of teams.
My bad.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Revelate

What Lavoie is saying is that Pominville has been asked to submit his 8 team list. Lavoie seems to be saying nothing is imminent, but rather to simply explore the option of trading him, he needed the list.

Revelate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
He's been asked to waive, or just list the teams?
I think just furnish the list by tomorrow morning (or presumably earlier). Pommer is now trolling the Internet to find likely destinations to put on his list.

Let's throw him off the trail. Hey, Jason, did you hear that huge rumor about you going to Phoenix? Put them on your list.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:45 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
According to Google translate, they're reporting he was asked for a list.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote