HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Chevy willing to listen to offers on Hainsey, Burmistrov now being shoppped #105

Old
04-01-2013, 05:43 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

vCash: 50
You think they're still in the market after picking up Leopold?

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
You think they're still in the market after picking up Leopold?
Oh yeah, good call. Totally spaced on that.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Flair Hay

Burmistrov would be such a ridiculously good fit for half the teams in the league if he's in the right role. When he's the defensive minded player on his line with two scoring wingers he can be one hell of a player.

Detroit would suit his style of game the best. Or any team that needs two way centers really.

Smith seems like a pretty big stretch value wise, but it would make a ton of sense if Bouwmeester was traded there wouldn't it?

I haven't seen Smith yet personally so I don't want to judge his value from HF opinion alone honestly, but he's had a fair bit of hype.

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Oh yeah, good call. Totally spaced on that.
Bobby Mac tweeted the Blues are still looking to improve their back end, but could be targeting Bouwmeester.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:09 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Burmistrov would be such a ridiculously good fit for half the teams in the league if he's in the right role. When he's the defensive minded player on his line with two scoring wingers he can be one hell of a player.

Detroit would suit his style of game the best. Or any team that needs two way centers really.

Smith seems like a pretty big stretch value wise, but it would make a ton of sense if Bouwmeester was traded there wouldn't it?

I haven't seen Smith yet personally so I don't want to judge his value from HF opinion alone honestly, but he's had a fair bit of hype.
Hard to say he's a couple of years older than Burmie and really is just breaking in now. I personally don't see much difference in upside 2-way # 3 d vs 2-way #2 center. But yes it would be easier for Detroit to move him if they were to acquire Jay Bo.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Question - Has Burmistrov seemed to top out as a 2nd/3rd line center? Or does he still have decent potential to be a top line guy? I know he's still super young, that's why I'm asking.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

I would absolutely be willing to pay a decent price for Burmi in the hopes that he becomes a strong top-six player. I'm pretty sure he's going to be really good in the right environment when he gets a little older. I could see him in Detroit for some reason, though I'd much rather see him a whole host of other places.

Ollie Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Question - Has Burmistrov seemed to top out as a 2nd/3rd line center? Or does he still have decent potential to be a top line guy? I know he's still super young, that's why I'm asking.
He's 20, he shows flashes of brilliance but his style doesn't mesh with what the Jets are trying to implement.

Winnipeg Jets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Buffalo desperately needs someone like Burmistrov.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I would doubt he ever becomes anyone's go to C on a scoring line. But his awesome possession instincts, physical tools and defense makes his skill set ideal for being a third line C on a Cup calibre team. He's almost at that level already. He's just not adapting, quickly anyway, at being an offensive threat.

Old
04-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Sniped90
Oilers Fan

Yeah I was thinking around

Whitney, hemsky, and a 2nd rnd pick
For
Burmi and hains

Sniped90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Canucks would be interested in Burmistrov, as would the rest of the league I'm sure. But we could really use him as our 3C.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:43 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
He's 20, he shows flashes of brilliance but his style doesn't mesh with what the Jets are trying to implement.
I know you probably were not implying this but, building a team completely out of north-south forwards . For the record I do not want to trade Burmi, though I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that it is going to happen.

Last edited by veganhunter: 04-01-2013 at 06:51 PM.
veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Joe Colborne for Burmistrov? He would fit in on a line with MacArthur and Frattin. Colborne has good size and when he learns to use it to his advantage he has really good potential, that's the only thing holding him back.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Jurky
The Human Genius

vCash: 77
Quote:

Smith is a non-starter, management is pretty high on him and see him as a cornerstone for the defense for the future. Besides he is a left hand shot but he plays the right side so judging by a few comments he doesn't fill a need for you guys.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:50 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped90 View Post
Yeah I was thinking around

Whitney, hemsky, and a 2nd rnd pick
For
Burmi and hains
We do not want an older, offensive, injury prone, UFA defenceman.
Nor do we want an older, injury prone, winger with 1 year left on his deal.

If Hainsey is going it is for a prospect or a couple of picks.
If Burmi is going it is part of a package for a better centre or a younger top 6 right winger with some term left.

Old
04-01-2013, 06:52 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
21 (just to be correct)

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:53 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Joe Colborne for Burmistrov? He would fit in on a line with MacArthur and Frattin. Colborne has good size and when he learns to use it to his advantage he has really good potential, that's the only thing holding him back.
I feel like Toronto would have to add. I doubt that is a deal we are looking for but the size and potential Colborne has is intriguing.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

One of the CBJ 1st-rounders plus Brassard for Burmistrov and WPG 2nd-rounder.

Winnipeg replaces Burmistrov's spot with a scoring forward and moves up a full round. Columbus adds another similar piece to the current core: a smart young player who's defensively and physically responsible, and whose offense may come around sooner or later. Brassard has another year on his contract at $3.2 mil and will still be RFA-eligible when it ends.

Mayor Bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post

Winnipeg replaces Burmistrov's spot with a scoring forward and moves up a full round. Columbus adds another similar piece to the current core: a smart young player who's defensively and physically responsible, and whose offense may come around sooner or later. Brassard has another year on his contract at $3.2 mil and will still be RFA-eligible when it ends.
If I was in charge I just might do this. Depends a lot which 1st for both sides. What are the weaknesses in Brassard's game that has him not fitting in with CBJ? Don't know much about Brassard besides around when he was entering the league.

The sound of having two picks in the 10-25 range intrigues me.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:51 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

Well I guess St. Louis is out for Hainsey.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:54 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:

Done! Seriously, please let this happen. Great deal for both teams. Columbus gets a player with huge potential, who could learn a thing or two from Anisimov. We move up a round and can use that pick to draft another big north-south player management covets, and we get a player who is better offensively right now and can hopefully allow Kane to be much more productive.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
Quote:

I'd do this from a Jets POV, how about a Jackets fan chimes in?

Winnipeg Jets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
If I was in charge I just might do this. Depends a lot which 1st for both sides. What are the weaknesses in Brassard's game that has him not fitting in with CBJ? Don't know much about Brassard besides around when he was entering the league.

The sound of having two picks in the 10-25 range intrigues me.
He's similar to Martin Erat, only a center. Not strong on faceoffs; about average. Average defensively, not physical. Excellent playmaker, but has a tendency to look for the pass when he has a clear shot. His shot is above-average, but he tends to want to set up someone else instead of taking the shot himself.

Mayor Bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:58 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
He's similar to Martin Erat, only a center. Not strong on faceoffs; about average. Average defensively, not physical. Excellent playmaker, but has a tendency to look for the pass when he has a clear shot. His shot is above-average, but he tends to want to set up someone else instead of taking the shot himself.
A match made in heaven for Evander.