HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge the 4th

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 07:32 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Moving back to Boca this weekend. Bout time.
What are ya following in my footsteps Welcome back down!

Old
04-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
What are ya following in my footsteps Welcome back down!
Lol, thanks. And mayyyyyybe. Just time to come home.

04-02-2013, 12:30 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Lol, thanks. And mayyyyyybe. Just time to come home.
I know the feeling. I like it up in Orlando, but I grew up down here and while it's probably not the best place in the world to live, to me it will always be home. I've been back five months and I definitely don't regret it.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

Nvm...

Last edited by Lola: 04-16-2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Tmi
Old
04-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Does anyone else keep getting warning popups that block spyware on HF? I know HF has always had problems, but it's really bad now.

Old
05-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Lost my temper at my kid's hockey game today. Ended up pulling him from the bench in the middle of a game.

I've had coaches from all over this state tell me that my son has raw talent for the game since he was 5 years old. Since moving to this new rink, the coach refuses to give my kid ice time during games, and has him practice with kids below his level. I thought we had it all worked out, but it happened again today. The coach gave him a grand total of 2 minutes of ice out of 24 minutes (before I pulled him). The director came into the locker room as I was helping my kid undress, and convinced me to allow my kid to finish the game. I gave in (against my better judgement). The director says, "he's a parent volunteer...this is his first year...blah, blah, blah." Yeah...well he certainly gives HIS kid plenty of ice time.

So, tomorrow (per USA Hockey rules) I'm having it out with this coach again. Only tomorrow, I'm forcing him to give me specifics on why he won't play my kid for more than 2 minutes per game. AND I'm laying it out on the line for him. He either gives my kid a minimum of 12 minutes per game (4 minutes per period), or we'll find a rink that will. I've spent THOUSANDS of dollars and spent 5-6 nights a week at this rink for the last month. My kid has talent. He has been evaluated by several REAL youth hockey coaches. This is not some parent-biased opinion. He messed with the wrong hockey mom.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:57 AM
GermanNuck

Hey guys,

quick question from a german tourist who has kind of a soft spot for the panthers, especially since goc plays there..

I'll spend my vacations in Florida this year, not sunrise, but at the gulf coast.. Since i'm a hockey player myself, and i never attended an NHL game, i was wondering if there are any pre-season games around the 19th september to 7th october.. Or is the season even starting then?

I know that it isn't exactly clear when the season starts this year, but from your experience, is there any chance to watch the panthers play?

Tampa would be okay aswell, but i kind of prefer the panthers..

Thanks in advance!

Old
05-14-2013, 09:41 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanNuck View Post
Hey guys,

quick question from a german tourist who has kind of a soft spot for the panthers, especially since goc plays there..

I'll spend my vacations in Florida this year, not sunrise, but at the gulf coast.. Since i'm a hockey player myself, and i never attended an NHL game, i was wondering if there are any pre-season games around the 19th september to 7th october.. Or is the season even starting then?

I know that it isn't exactly clear when the season starts this year, but from your experience, is there any chance to watch the panthers play?

Thanks in advance!
Training camp usually starts in September so you should be able to catch a game or 2.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:51 AM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanNuck View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Training camp usually starts in September so you should be able to catch a game or 2.
They might be even playing in Ft. Myers, Panthers have done that in past?

JOL

Old
05-14-2013, 02:14 PM
GermanNuck

Thanks guys,

glad to hear some good news today after Germany missed that WC Quarterfinal..

Ft. Myers would be even better, since i'll be in Cape Coral then, but Sunrise would be fine aswell

Old
05-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Check Germain Arena's website for dates, but they usually have 1-2 pregame games at Germain late September, early October. It's usually either Carolina, Tampa Bay, or the Panthers playing. The Florida Everblades (ECHL) have pregame games there as well. It's a fun venue to watch a hockey game. The arena is more intimate than an NHL arena, and there isn't a "bad" seat in that rink.

I just moved from Cape Coral, and I have one of my stores in Cape Coral still.

Old
05-15-2013, 07:28 AM
GermanNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Check Germain Arena's website for dates, but they usually have 1-2 pregame games at Germain late September, early October. It's usually either Carolina, Tampa Bay, or the Panthers playing. The Florida Everblades (ECHL) have pregame games there as well. It's a fun venue to watch a hockey game. The arena is more intimate than an NHL arena, and there isn't a "bad" seat in that rink.

I just moved from Cape Coral, and I have one of my stores in Cape Coral still.
Oh is this the Arena right beside the Miromar Outlet?
I was there last year, and wondered who was playing there.. Thanks, i'll keep an eye on that website

CC is actually a nice place to be, i was there before, and had a great time, i mean, obviously i had, i'm coming back

Still some things on my list, my goal is to make it 2 portions at Pignoli's pasta all you can eat, but we europeans eat like little girls so i've got some training to do..

Thank you again, you guys are a great help, and i'm looking forward to september. .)

Old
05-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Lost my temper at my kid's hockey game today. Ended up pulling him from the bench in the middle of a game.

I've had coaches from all over this state tell me that my son has raw talent for the game since he was 5 years old. Since moving to this new rink, the coach refuses to give my kid ice time during games, and has him practice with kids below his level. I thought we had it all worked out, but it happened again today. The coach gave him a grand total of 2 minutes of ice out of 24 minutes (before I pulled him). The director came into the locker room as I was helping my kid undress, and convinced me to allow my kid to finish the game. I gave in (against my better judgement). The director says, "he's a parent volunteer...this is his first year...blah, blah, blah." Yeah...well he certainly gives HIS kid plenty of ice time.

So, tomorrow (per USA Hockey rules) I'm having it out with this coach again. Only tomorrow, I'm forcing him to give me specifics on why he won't play my kid for more than 2 minutes per game. AND I'm laying it out on the line for him. He either gives my kid a minimum of 12 minutes per game (4 minutes per period), or we'll find a rink that will. I've spent THOUSANDS of dollars and spent 5-6 nights a week at this rink for the last month. My kid has talent. He has been evaluated by several REAL youth hockey coaches. This is not some parent-biased opinion. He messed with the wrong hockey mom.
You're that parent.

Old
05-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Finally, we got Mega Millions in Florida. Way overdue.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
You're that parent.
Damn straight I am. I'm not going to have some other parent "coach" suck the love of the game from my kid. The only reason this guy is a coach is so that he can ice his own kid.

The positive of my over-the-top reaction to the last game was that two more sets of parents have come forward with the same exact complaint. So now we get one of the Bantam coaches as an assistant to help the parent-coach on how to manage ice time across the lines.

So...if me being that parent allows for more kids on the team to play the game (which they all tried out for and were invited to be on the team, btw), so be it. I'm not the one hanging my head at the rink these days, that's for sure.

Old
05-15-2013, 11:00 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Damn straight I am. I'm not going to have some other parent "coach" suck the love of the game from my kid. The only reason this guy is a coach is so that he can ice his own kid.

The positive of my over-the-top reaction to the last game was that two more sets of parents have come forward with the same exact complaint. So now we get one of the Bantam coaches as an assistant to help the parent-coach on how to manage ice time across the lines.

So...if me being that parent allows for more kids on the team to play the game (which they all tried out for and were invited to be on the team, btw), so be it. I'm not the one hanging my head at the rink these days, that's for sure.
You have every right to be that parent especially given the circumstances.

Old
05-16-2013, 06:53 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
I saw both sides of this coin when I played soccer.

First year (was 6-7 yo) I played we had my friend's uncle (who had played/coached before) coaching, none of the three of us who were younger (we were the only three from my age group playing at that time, so we had to play with boys who were a year older) saw much time, but I didn't really care since I got to play and that was the main thing.

Second year we got enough players from my own age group to have our own team, and we got one dad (who had played/coached too) who's son didn't start playing right away, I think it was the next year when he came along. But he never played his son more than other players, he gave everyone the same basic minutes equally and then rewarded for playing good, which I liked since I was usually the one scoring all the goals. He stayed as our coach for 5 years and we were disappointed when he decided to stop coaching.

Last year I played, we got a coach (never coached before) who had his twin sons playing in the team. First practice we ever had with him as a coach, he came to tell me that he's decided to give the "C" to someone else, a position that I'd held for the last around 5 years. You can pretty much guess who he gave it to. I spent most of the "season" sitting on the bench, and somehow I still got blamed by the coach for every loss (and there was a lot of those, wonder why when your former MVP is sitting on the bench.. ) we had. Finally what felt like the longest season of my life was over and we moved to practice indoors like we usually did when it started to get cold outside. In one of those practices, got in a verbal disagreement with the coach and he told me "if you don't like it, there's the door". Took his advice, used the door and never came back. He had the knowledge, but he wasn't a players coach. No one liked him, not even his own sons lol.

Old
05-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
I saw both sides of this coin when I played soccer.

First year (was 6-7 yo) I played we had my friend's uncle (who had played/coached before) coaching, none of the three of us who were younger (we were the only three from my age group playing at that time, so we had to play with boys who were a year older) saw much time, but I didn't really care since I got to play and that was the main thing.

Second year we got enough players from my own age group to have our own team, and we got one dad (who had played/coached too) who's son didn't start playing right away, I think it was the next year when he came along. But he never played his son more than other players, he gave everyone the same basic minutes equally and then rewarded for playing good, which I liked since I was usually the one scoring all the goals. He stayed as our coach for 5 years and we were disappointed when he decided to stop coaching.

Last year I played, we got a coach (never coached before) who had his twin sons playing in the team. First practice we ever had with him as a coach, he came to tell me that he's decided to give the "C" to someone else, a position that I'd held for the last around 5 years. You can pretty much guess who he gave it to. I spent most of the "season" sitting on the bench, and somehow I still got blamed by the coach for every loss (and there was a lot of those, wonder why when your former MVP is sitting on the bench.. ) we had. Finally what felt like the longest season of my life was over and we moved to practice indoors like we usually did when it started to get cold outside. In one of those practices, got in a verbal disagreement with the coach and he told me "if you don't like it, there's the door". Took his advice, used the door and never came back. He had the knowledge, but he wasn't a players coach. No one liked him, not even his own sons lol.
I think that is disgusting. USAH should make and enforce the rule of not allowing parents to coach their own kids. It rarely turns out well for the rest of the team.

Old
06-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

The Waffle Cup Playoffs have begun!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1454645

Old
06-28-2013, 09:18 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Jokerit to leave Sm-liiga for KHL after next season.

Come on Sport, now is your change on promotion to the big league!

Old
06-29-2013, 06:48 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Jokerit to leave Sm-liiga for KHL after next season.

Come on Sport, now is your change on promotion to the big league!
Didn't Jokerit win the championship 5 years in a row or something? How is this going over with all the Finnish fans?

Old
06-29-2013, 10:47 AM
IceManCat
A New Era

I think they should just merge the 3 European leagues. KHL, SM-Liga Swedish Elite. And have a real competitor to the NHL

Old
06-29-2013, 11:45 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Didn't Jokerit win the championship 5 years in a row or something? How is this going over with all the Finnish fans?
Jokerit has won in 1973, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1997 and 2002. Most recent finals loss have been in 2005 and 2007.

You're probably thinking about Karpat, they won it 4 times in 5 years between 04-08.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
I think they should just merge the 3 European leagues. KHL, SM-Liga Swedish Elite. And have a real competitor to the NHL
Nah, don't think this is ever going to happen, unless it's only the most rich clubs involved.

Old
07-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

anyone know when hfboards will change everything around to reflect the new conferences/divisions??? just curious.

Old
07-12-2013, 02:39 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
anyone know when hfboards will change everything around to reflect the new conferences/divisions??? just curious.
I was curious about this too. They're probably waiting for the NHL to release the names of the divisions.

Closed Thread