HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues get Bouwmeester

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 08:04 PM
  #26
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,218
vCash: 500
Kronwall is slightly better.

Both play a ton of mediocre minutes.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:04 PM
  #27
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,828
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
as for irrational love, no. i am just smart enough to know that the cost was not going to be very steep and yet his impact would have been pretty solid for years to come and now comparing the exact return its even more glarring how inept we are when it comes to trading

its frusturating
Nope.

You've been, since BEFORE Lidstrom retired, trolling these boards with "Trade for JBo" and really haven't even provided a reason. It's just been "Trade for JBo" every time a thread about trades come up and how "Kenny" or "KH" should trade for an overrated, overpaid defenseman.

Thank God Holland didn't read this board and take your advice.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:04 PM
  #28
InGusWeTrust
hockey.tk
 
InGusWeTrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 643
vCash: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRB86 View Post
Now I am just waiting to see Detroit get either Vanek or Myers come Wednesday.
Pipe Dream!

InGusWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:05 PM
  #29
P U L L H A R D
 
P U L L H A R D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 24,171
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
mike peca really?

the playoff track record is such a lame arguement, yah jaybo was 100% responsible as he is the only guy on the team
I understand him not having as much success in the NHL on Florida and the last year or two in Calgary, but Calgary had a good enough crew to make it in his first year or two there, and the fact that he didn't do anything in junior either, despite being drafted THAT high, is quite concerning. A top 5 pick usually is good enough to bring a team to the playoffs, even if they lose in a sweep.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:07 PM
  #30
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,828
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
I understand him not having as much success in the NHL on Florida and the last year or two in Calgary, but Calgary had a good enough crew to make it in his first year or two there, and the fact that he didn't do anything in junior either, despite being drafted THAT high, is quite concerning. A top 5 pick usually is good enough to bring a team to the playoffs, even if they lose in a sweep.
Bingo.

Especially when more than half of the league makes the playoffs each season. This isn't MLB where only a few teams make it. You have better than a 50/50 chance of making the playoffs.

The playoff argument is in no way overrated.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:09 PM
  #31
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Nope.

You've been, since BEFORE Lidstrom retired, trolling these boards with "Trade for JBo" and really haven't even provided a reason. It's just been "Trade for JBo" every time a thread about trades come up and how "Kenny" or "KH" should trade for an overrated, overpaid defenseman.

Thank God Holland didn't read this board and take your advice.
thats not true

i have provided reasons why

espescially lately(as in the last week or so) and on numerous times

i am not blind to his faults but i smply believe he would and could walk in here and be our top dman(yes i think he is better then kronwall)

the blues got him for a later first rd pick plus two scraps and to me that is absolutely nothing to pay for a top pairing dman, faults and all

Zetterberg4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:11 PM
  #32
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,828
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
the blues got him for a later first rd pick plus two scraps and to me that is absolutely nothing to pay for a top pairing dman, faults and all
Apparently he's not as much of a "top pairing dman" as you believe if that's all the return he fetches.

The guy's a chronic loser. Thank God St. Louis ended up with him and not us.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:12 PM
  #33
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,218
vCash: 500
Being on the top pairing does not necessarily mean you are good or qualified.

See Detroit Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Kronwall.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:14 PM
  #34
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Cool, cool. Glad we didn't get him. I mean, we could have prolly gotten him for like, a first, Jensen, and Quine. But, I'm happy we're not adding that salary to our payroll.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:15 PM
  #35
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Apparently he's not as much of a "top pairing dman" as you believe if that's all the return he fetches.

The guy's a chronic loser. Thank God St. Louis ended up with him and not us.
ugh, nobody ever fetches even close to what HF board posters predict/dream or demand

it never ever happens and it never will

whether its age, cap hit, player asking for a trade, team rebuilding, new GM/owner, team relocating, the reasons change but the return is so predictable

how many teams in the league would bouwmeester not be one of the top 2 overall dman on the team?

Zetterberg4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:16 PM
  #36
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Being on the top pairing does not necessarily mean you are good or qualified.

See Detroit Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Kronwall.

thats true it just means you're better then the other 5 or 6 dmen which in itself is good enough(or maybe bad enough)

Zetterberg4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:17 PM
  #37
Jurky
#FireHolland
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
Cool, cool. Glad we didn't get him. I mean, we could have prolly gotten him for like, a first, Jensen, and Quine. But, I'm happy we're not adding that salary to our payroll.
It'd be more like a lottery protected 1st, Billins (with an NHL contract), and Pearce.

How Feaster still has a job is beyond me.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:17 PM
  #38
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
ugh, nobody ever fetches even close to what HF board posters predict/dream or demand

it never ever happens and it never will

whether its age, cap hit, player asking for a trade, team rebuilding, new GM/owner, team relocating, the reasons change but the return is so predictable

how many teams in the league would bouwmeester not be one of the top 2 overall dman on the team?
Quite a few, I'd fathom. There was a thread about it earlier, talking about how on a contender, Jaybo is a 3-4 guy.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:21 PM
  #39
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
Quite a few, I'd fathom. There was a thread about it earlier, talking about how on a contender, Jaybo is a 3-4 guy.
really who?

chicago has keith and seabrook
stl has pieterangelo and shatenkirk
montreal has subban and markov


and i am having a hard time thinking who else has two better overall dmen capable of playing 30mins a night every night

Zetterberg4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:23 PM
  #40
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?
 
Cyborg Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
really who?

chicago has keith and seabrook
stl has pieterangelo and shatenkirk
montreal has subban and markov


and i am having a hard time thinking who else has two better overall dmen capable of playing 30mins a night every night
You have this misconceived notion that Bouwmeester is better than he actually is. And that's the problem.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:23 PM
  #41
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,781
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
ugh, nobody ever fetches even close to what HF board posters predict/dream or demand

it never ever happens and it never will

whether its age, cap hit, player asking for a trade, team rebuilding, new GM/owner, team relocating, the reasons change but the return is so predictable

how many teams in the league would bouwmeester not be one of the top 2 overall dman on the team?
5 or 6, the team he was just traded to he is #3 in terms of talent.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:26 PM
  #42
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
5 or 6, the team he was just traded to he is #3 in terms of talent.
yes i mentioned the blues

so if max 5 or 6 teams do and we are 100% for sure not one of them then that means he is a top pairing dman on like 24 or 25 NHL clubs

Zetterberg4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:27 PM
  #43
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
You have this misconceived notion that Bouwmeester is better than he actually is. And that's the problem.
i guess so then eh

Zetterberg4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:28 PM
  #44
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,828
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
ugh, nobody ever fetches even close to what HF board posters predict/dream or demand

it never ever happens and it never will

whether its age, cap hit, player asking for a trade, team rebuilding, new GM/owner, team relocating, the reasons change but the return is so predictable

how many teams in the league would bouwmeester not be one of the top 2 overall dman on the team?
People are claiming he's not a top-2 on CONTENDERS.

You're changing the question here to make your argument that Bouwmeester is greater than he is seem real.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:28 PM
  #45
probertrules24
Registered User
 
probertrules24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,693
vCash: 500
I don't understand the talk about Holland giving up a 1st for Quincey. It's pretty common amongst people in the know that this draft is a whole lot deeper then last years. Only reason I can think this would be brought up is any reason to spam about your hatred of Holland.

The value given up was great for St. Louis but the cap hit next year will suck. They have some key guys that need raises and will make it that much tougher without shedding some salary. Berglund, Stewart , Pietrangelo and Shatenkirk.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:30 PM
  #46
GT500x
Im OK where we're at
 
GT500x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: My comfort zone
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
whoops, wrong thread

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:30 PM
  #47
Bench
Moderator
Realgud!
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 7,270
vCash: 500
Well that return sucks for Calgary. Yeesh. Calgary rebuild not going so hot. Pretty funny fans wanted a first plus Nyquist.

But I'd rather the Wings have their 1st to draft with or swing for a better player. Either way better moving forward.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:32 PM
  #48
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
People are claiming he's not a top-2 on CONTENDERS.

You're changing the question here to make your argument that Bouwmeester is greater than he is seem real.
how many teams are actual contenders then?

pittsburgh, well yes behind letang jaybo would be their 2nd best overall dman
la, well yes behind doughty jaybo would be their 2nd best overall dman
chicago, no in this case he would be their #3
boston, well yes behind chara he would be their 2nd best overall dman
anaheim, well yes he would likely be their top overall dman

i dont think i have changed my arguement one bit, if anything i have made it even easier to discredit his ability by not limiting it to just 4 or5 teams but in fact all 30

Zetterberg4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:38 PM
  #49
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,781
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
how many teams are actual contenders then?

pittsburgh, well yes behind letang jaybo would be their 2nd best overall dman
la, well yes behind doughty jaybo would be their 2nd best overall dman
chicago, no in this case he would be their #3
boston, well yes behind chara he would be their 2nd best overall dman
anaheim, well yes he would likely be their top overall dman

i dont think i have changed my arguement one bit, if anything i have made it even easier to discredit his ability by not limiting it to just 4 or5 teams but in fact all 30
I don't think JayBo is better than Voynov or Seidenberg.

For that matter we know what both Scuderi and Seidenberg bring in the playoffs and that is a lot. Orpik is fading but I trust him and Paul Martin was having a great year, but the point is JayBo since Florida days isn't a great offensive d-man so who do you score him against. As a stay at home guy he isn't great, and he isn't great offensively. He is stuck in a kind of no mans land where people pretend he will put it together. Playing with Pieterangelo might be the greatest thing that will ever happen for him, because he needs someone to prop him up if the team is going to be effective.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:40 PM
  #50
Chevrier
Registered User
 
Chevrier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
I think the thing that caught my eye was how little Bouwmeester was actually traded for. Big cap hit, some term but a 1st, Cundari and Reto Berra?

If my memory serves me right here, my knowledge of each of these players is limited to a few small articles I've read about Cundari not really ever being more than 6/7, if he ever makes the NHL. Berra is a European goalie who doesn't look to be one anybody's radar and shows no signs of coming over.

A 1st for Bouwmeester, even at that salary I don't mind. He won't be expected to create all sorts of offense on St. Louis. He should slide in nicely on their already pretty good defense and lessen responsibities on Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk. Sliding into a number 3 role with special team minutes, it's not bad at all.

Chevrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.