HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

April 3rd Deadline Approaching

Old
04-01-2013, 09:37 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
This season is so ****. Everything SCREAMS tank, this team is NOT making the playoffs.

But

they are just 2 pts from the playoffs.

Either way, this season should not have happened. The lockout should have killed this season.

So this is frosting. Either way, cool.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:01 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
If we lose we should go into sell mode IMO. But really even if this team does make the playoffs do you see them going deep? It could happen, but there'd need to be a monumental change to our offensive play.
Maybe, Maybe not, on the going deep. But I would much rather someone put us out in a best of 7 than watch 16 other teams play. Like I said, if we make the playoffs, we will have had to fare well vs Chicago, the likely 1 seed. Is knocking off the 1 seed as an 8 seed deep? Or is it a cup run like the Kings had? I agree, if we can not pull 3 out 4 points these enxt two, Poile should try and deal Hannan, Gill, Gaustad, Spaling, Halischuk, and maybe one of the leadership core (Fisher). (Not advocating moving all those pieces) however going full fledged fire sale I think sends the wrong message, not only to the fans, but to the guys in the room that will be here next year.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:19 AM
SilkyMitts

http://instagram.com/p/XjGY6xQX-_/

yes!

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:52 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
that is awesome.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Columbus is rumored to be shopping one of their firsts for F help. We won't be in the same conference next year. SK+3rd for 1st?

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
that is awesome.
And fake.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:09 PM
weeze

I would try to trade for a top 6 even if we weren't going to make the playoffs. Only if they have at least 1 year left on their contract. We have not been able to get a top 6 to come here on their own over the past few (many) years so get one buy trade. I would go after: Fleischmann (2 yrs remaining), Stafford (2), P Stastny (1), Vanek(1), Pomoniville (1) or any other trade to get someone past this yr.

Tradeable are: Legwand (1), Gaustad (3), SK (1), Gill (1), Hannan (UFA), Blum (RFA), Spaling (RFA), C Smith (2), Yip (UFA), Hali (RFA) and Clune (1).

Can't rely on drafting a top 6 that can come in and make a difference in next 2-3 yrs so I am all for making a trade.

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:27 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
I would try to trade for a top 6 even if we weren't going to make the playoffs. Only if they have at least 1 year left on their contract. We have not been able to get a top 6 to come here on their own over the past few (many) years so get one buy trade. I would go after: Fleischmann (2 yrs remaining), Stafford (2), P Stastny (1), Vanek(1), Pomoniville (1) or any other trade to get someone past this yr.

Tradeable are: Legwand (1), Gaustad (3), SK (1), Gill (1), Hannan (UFA), Blum (RFA), Spaling (RFA), C Smith (2), Yip (UFA), Hali (RFA) and Clune (1).

Can't rely on drafting a top 6 that can come in and make a difference in next 2-3 yrs so I am all for making a trade.
I'm right there with you. **** it. Let's try to get pommy, vanek, or fleisch.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:13 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
what is funny here is that we need to perform well against the Hawks to make the playoffs. And if we do we more than likely slide into the 8 spot. So if going 3-1 vs the Hawks happens, are you still in the camp of "we can't beat the Hawks/throwaway season/tanktanktank" or does your mindset change?

all the teams with us in the pack some issues that can prevent them from making the playoffs. Detroit had Zetterburgs wwonky groin, Columbus has not had the playoff chase experience, we have scoring issues, STL has routinly quit on hitch, Dallas is jekll and hyde with their effort. Edmonton has the same issues as Columbus, San Jose may sell a top six forward today. Alot of hockey and alot to happen the next 48 hours.
I made this same point about a week ago... if we make it in, then by definition we will have played Chicago well and should have as good a chance as anyone.

I dont think we have to worry about "tanking"... if we beat chicago 3 out of 4, I think we have a decent shot at #8. if we dont, we are out of the hunt and the "tanking" will have manifest itself in multiple losses to chicago

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Columbus is rumored to be shopping one of their firsts for F help. We won't be in the same conference next year. SK+3rd for 1st?
The only Preds forward we'd be interested in is Erat.

Well, okay, Wilson too, but there's no point in discussing him.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Top 6 Spaling

With Bourquey out on top of Wilson and Fisher...SELL SELL SELL

Old
04-01-2013, 08:52 PM
hockey diva

Can we dump Poile and Trotz too? The architects of the current cesspool we are witnessing.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:29 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Can we dump Poile and Trotz too? The architects of the current cesspool we are witnessing.
I couldn't agree more their time has come and gone. Whatever we do whether we go all in or try some sort of rebuild it won't matter if Poile and Trotz are running the show they don't know to elevate this team to next level.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:21 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I couldn't agree more their time has come and gone. Whatever we do whether we go all in or try some sort of rebuild it won't matter if Poile and Trotz are running the show they don't know to elevate this team to next level.
you folks make me want to puke

Trotz and Poile would have job offers in .086 milliseconds

this season is an aberration until proven otherwise

but hey we could have turned out like any of the other three expansion franchises, ie moved, perpetually awful, or perpetually mediocre with one lucky run...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Webersmashpuck

Quote:
Yes missing the playoffs the 2nd time in 10 years is terrible.

9-3 is what we have to do to make the playoffs, I think a loss tomorrow makes us sellers for sure. A win puts us in a San Jose position where we trade Hannan and maybe a guy like Halischuk.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 169
Attachment 62623

Last edited by Byrddog: 01-20-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:11 AM
hockey diva

You know making the playoffs was exciting the first couple of times. We've been to the second round twice. Poile has built a team that can get into the playoffs not advance. I think he did the same thing in DC. Trotz's message has gone stale and we need a new voice behind the bench. We may have signed Pekka and Shea but that doesn't mean they actually want to be here. And with the lack of talent surrounding them, I don't blame them. The bottom line is that Poile and Trotz have had their chances to make this franchise a contender. They have failed. I am tired of excuses and rationalizations. I want a team that has a legitimate shot at a Cup.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:24 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

If we followed the fan recommendations here we would have the 66-90 Wings, the 79-89 Penguins, the Blue Jackets, the Oilers and Islanders of the past decade ... much more famine than feast.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:33 AM
utkpred

We're a bonafide scorer away from contending

utkpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:11 AM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkpred View Post
We're a bonafide scorer away from contending
Actually, we only need the guys we have on the roster to start playing up to potential (i.e. Fisher, Legwand, SK, Erat, etc), and we'll be a contender. Those guys were the backbone of the offense we had last year.

If those guys keep playing like bums, then it won't matter who we sign.

I guess we'll find out next year whether this year was the aberration or last year's #1 PP and #8 GF was.

Although it would be nice to get Ribero to play in the middle of the 1st line.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Top 6 Spaling

I doubt we do anything, besides maybe shipping off Hannan/Gill or bringing in a Hlavac/Boyd type.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:21 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Can we even trade Hannan since he's on IR? My preference would be to unload Gill and Gaustad and move forward.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:32 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

It's not going to happen, but I would love to see Legwand pick his 8 teams and swing a deal. If Poile plays his cards right, I think a #2/3 center with tons of playoff experience would fetch a nice return.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:38 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Can we even trade Hannan since he's on IR? My preference would be to unload Gill and Gaustad and move forward.
Who wants Gastad with his gaudy, overprced ontract for a couple of more years? Plus Poile would nevertrade Gaustad, because all he'd get back is a mid round pick or crummy prospects. He would look terrible having given away a 1st last year and then signed him to a multi-year deal

As much as I hate to say it, get used to his slow, no finishing, tub of goo for a while longer yet. At least he wins faceoffs?

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:50 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Need is and continues to be a top 4 d-man to play with Klein. When healthy, the forwards are capable. If we added a forward, the only thing that would really make a difference would be a true top 3 forward.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote