HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

vCash: 500
Regehr would have been perfect for Habs' defense to go to the next level in the playoffs, if they were willing to go all out for the Cup, which is not the case this season.

Old
Miller Time

i'm definitely more to the side of sticking with what we've got vs. giving up a big overpayment for a marginal depth player (Murray and Regher are closer to that then to quality top-4 players right now).

but if we do go out and move picks for some roster reinforcements, would love to see MB swing a deal involving 2014 & 2015 picks (preferably not 1st round).

- while we may be overachieving right now, our roster depth/age point to a team that should be at least top-8 in the conference in the coming years

- if we hang on to our picks now (for the speculated strong 2013 draft class), we'll end up with a boatload of young prospects in the organization, mitigating the impact of giving up those future picks

Old
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Depends, suppose you overpay for a player and he's the missing piece. I honestly don't care.

If you get a piece that can push you another round a 1st is worth it. I don't care if its Steve Begin, if he's the missing piece, so be it. Obviously this will NEVER be the case but my point is the idea is to win. If you lose 4 1st rounders to win the Cup, I do it ever 4 years no problem. I care more about where the player will take it rather than who he is.
This.

I have a strong feeling that Clowe could REALLY help us down the road. And i don't trust that rumor of Lavoir about that long extension.

I know that i'm alone in my camp about Clowe, but i'm ready. Come after me, bros.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
This.

I have a strong feeling that Clowe could REALLY help us down the road. And i don't trust that rumor of Lavoir about that long extension.

I know that i'm alone in my camp about Clowe, but i'm ready. Come after me, bros.
Where will he play though?

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Bourque
Prust-Halpern-Moen

Old
04-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Lions999

Quote:
This.

You are not alone I want CLOWE also

Old
04-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:

Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Bourque
Prust-Halpern-Moen
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see Galchenyuk see some press-box time ala Seguin if we make the playoffs.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:

Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Bourque
Prust-Halpern-Moen
Honestly, if Galchenyul doesn't step up his play before playoffs, he's gonna get eaten alive. I would sit Gally for the start of playoffs. Hell, Boston did it with Seguin and look what Seguin is doing right now. And maybe there gonna be a injury.

Haters gonna hate me...

Old
04-01-2013, 10:08 PM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Quote:
Everybody here said, back in the days, that we overpay for Dominic Moore, who was having a bad season, by giving up a "famous" second round pick. Hell,
Moore was worth everything that this 2rd pick could have bring us. Before judging a trade if we trade one second round pick, that player in return could be a BIG part of our team going forward.
Yeah? In hindsight, Moore paid his dues in his 30 or so games with us, but it took more-than-heroic performances by a certain Jaro Halak to get us there. 99 times out of 100, Habs are out in the first round and you're looking at a horrible trade, dealing a high pick for a role player when you're in a fringe playoff position. Yes it paid off, but the chances were slim. Do I want to keep playing those odds? You bet to hell I wouldn't.

Clowe isn't the player that will put us over the top, with his 0 goals on the season. We have a bigger need on the backend, and Jay Bouwmeester could have been the guy to fill in that hole. Definitely would have paid what STL paid to get him as he's signed through next year too. I'll let the Bruins or the Flyers overpay for Clowe.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:09 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see Galchenyuk see some press-box time ala Seguin if we make the playoffs.
He's really struggling out there and has zero confidence. Needs a line shakeup or a benching to get his head right IMO.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:09 PM
pine
irregistered user

If I'm Bergevin, I top out my offer for Clowe at 2nd round pick + prospect like Leblanc. Nothing more.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:16 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
And Prust slides up though. I mean, there's always room but he may be low on depth chart and with little impact. We'll see. I won't complain if we get him but I question how much he'd bring.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Zorba

How about Pomminville? Guys on Anti Chambre think he would be a the perfect fit. Would be very costly though

Old
04-01-2013, 10:21 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
If I'm Bergevin, I top out my offer for Clowe at 2nd round pick + prospect like Leblanc. Nothing more.
At 5 years for 25 million? No way... Bergevin shouldn't feel the desire to replace Holmgren in the crazy trading department.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:22 PM
googlymoogly

I think management and players should have a meeting before playoffs. The coaches and GM should just tell the guys they didn't want to mortgage the future because they believe in the team now and what they have accomplished this year. We might be surprised at how far the team can go in the playoffs without giving anything for rentals. Let Timmins then improve the teams prospect pool this year in a deep draft.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:25 PM
kempie

Quote:
Really dude?

Old
04-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
No! In 4-6 years that pick might be the guy who replaces Price! WE NEED THE PICK!!
We definitely need to return to the golden era of 2008-2011 where they traded all those picks.

But in all seriousness...people do realize that filling the prospect cupboard allows for near future deals involving picks/prospects?

Right now Habs prospect pool is below average due to all the picks traded from 08-11. After this draft, Habs should have enough to make draft pick deals or prospect for player type trades make sense. Kings, Blues, and Penguins have stock pilled prospects for years now.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 04-01-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old
04-01-2013, 10:30 PM
dreamingofdrouin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I agree 100% with this and for the love of christ people...we know he has 0 goals....we're 5th in scoring...we're bringing him here for physicality...tenacity....nasty hardnosed..rugged playin..lucic smackin good ole step-up-in-the-playoff-type newfoundland boy....and we're taking a chance on the prospect that he may regain his 20 goal scoring form with a tryout and a playoff run on a good team with a new system and a new identity. Look at all the suck there was on this team last year....we sucked soooo much and it wasn't just cause of the injuries.....MB and MT brought new found hope to this team and I want this big bad NEWFOUNDLANDER to be a part of it....come on!!! give him a shot!!!

Old
04-01-2013, 10:32 PM
le_sean

I wouldn't give up the farm for Clowe, nor sign him for 7 years, but the hate is a little odd. If Bergevin traded for him last summer, everyone would have rejoiced. Look at Bourque, everyone wrote him off last season and he bounced back in a big way.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Roulin

Pure speculation: a forward for Ian Cole?

Old
04-01-2013, 10:36 PM
dreamingofdrouin

L.A. Lariviere ‏@L_A_theRiver 2m

L'agent de Clowe confirme que les Sharks tentent de l'échanger et que les Habs sont dans le portrait http://tvasports.ca/hockey/lnh/quand...-clowe-1042013 … #TransactionsLNH

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/lnh/quand...-clowe-1042013

Old
04-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Honestly, if Galchenyul doesn't step up his play before playoffs, he's gonna get eaten alive. I would sit Gally for the start of playoffs. Hell, Boston did it with Seguin and look what Seguin is doing right now. And maybe there gonna be a injury.

Haters gonna hate me...
no one should hate you for thinking he should get some rest .. i think its quite understandable for him to be given some rest as he didnt really play any hockey last year and then is (going to be) playing a lot more than hes ever been used to up to this point.

hes been playing what 2 -3 games ish a week in the chl 68 game schedule, missed a full year, then came back and played 33 or so games then went and busted his ass at the world juinors and won.. then jumped right into a very condenced and exhausting schedule for the shortened nhl season against much stronger opponents that hes ever faced before and hes been doing pretty damn good up to this point..the kid has to be completely gassed by now..

i'd actually like to see him get a few games rest before the play offs.. maybe do some solid work with the coaches to prepare him for what to expect coming into his first nhl play offs .. and then put him back in nice and rested for the play offs... where i believe he will tear it up!

and im a HUGE Galchenyuk fan .. i think hes been playing awesome abotu 95% of the time hes been here .. but the kid has to be tired in this bizzare year for him... rest him up and i think he will do wonders in the play offs

Old
04-01-2013, 10:43 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
L.A. Lariviere ‏@L_A_theRiver 2m

L'agent de Clowe confirme que les Sharks tentent de l'échanger et que les Habs sont dans le portrait http://tvasports.ca/hockey/lnh/quand...-clowe-1042013 … #TransactionsLNH

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/lnh/quand...-clowe-1042013
I assume that this only says that they are trading him and we are in the picture? Hope we get him, he will look good on a line with pleks and ryder and piss off all the converted leafs to sharks fans around here

Old
04-01-2013, 10:43 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
We definitely need to return to the golden era of 2008-2011 where they traded all those picks.

But in all seriousness...people do realize that filling the prospect cupboard allows for near future deals involving picks/prospects?

Right now Habs prospect pool is below average due to all the picks traded from 08-11. After this draft, Habs should have enough to make draft pick deals or prospect for player type trades make sense. Kings, Blues, and Penguins have stock pilled prospects for years now.
Here's my issue:

Markov will never be this good again.
Subban is having a monster season.
Pleks is having a monster season.
Prust is having a monster season.
Ryder is having a monster season.

How many of these guys will have seasons like this again? Subban, maybe?

Old
04-01-2013, 10:44 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
I agree 100% with this and for the love of christ people...we know he has 0 goals....we're 5th in scoring...we're bringing him here for physicality...tenacity....nasty hardnosed..rugged playin..lucic smackin good ole step-up-in-the-playoff-type newfoundland boy....and we're taking a chance on the prospect that he may regain his 20 goal scoring form with a tryout and a playoff run on a good team with a new system and a new identity. Look at all the suck there was on this team last year....we sucked soooo much and it wasn't just cause of the injuries.....MB and MT brought new found hope to this team and I want this big bad NEWFOUNDLANDER to be a part of it....come on!!! give him a shot!!!
I am with you on this one.

Hell, if this team could get Halpern to finally score a goal, I am sure that we can work the same magic with Clowe.

I am going to be very disappointed if/when I read that Clowe signed for some other team.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
I assume that this only says that they are trading him and we are in the picture?
Ya, the article brings no new info.

Is Pleks really having a 'monster' season? He's basically at the level he's been at every year in his prime years aside from 2008-09 and last year when he had zero help on his line.

Closed Thread