HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mark Streit to Edmonton

Old
04-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 500
Mark Streit to Edmonton

If the Islanders haven't signed Streit by Wednesday what would it take to get him here in Edmonton? Keep in mind we have 8 defenseman as is, so Peckham or maybe Potter/Whitney would need to go back. We also have two 2nd's that could be used. I think if Streit makes it to Free Agency he'd be a player Edmonton would target.. He has connections with Ralph Krueger from the Swiss National team.

Fire away..

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:49 PM
zeus3007*

Streit of 3 years ago interests me. Streit of today, not so much. We already have Schultz and Petry to take our offense first d-men roles. Streit is still a very good d-man, just not the kind of d-man we need.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Streit of 3 years ago interests me. Streit of today, not so much. We already have Schultz and Petry to take our offense first d-men roles. Streit is still a very good d-man, just not the kind of d-man we need.
I think he's exactly the kind of defenseman we need. Petry and Schultz can move the puck but we need someone who can put up numbers aside from J. Schultz. Smid, Fistric and N. Schultz are strictly stay at home kind of defenseman. Don't think we need any more of those. Not to mention the experience he has. I'm hoping the Oilers will be buyers and to me Streit is a huge upgrade on Whitney.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:56 PM
FlyingV

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Petry is hardly an offence first dman. He jumps in on the rush a bit, but he's more of a 2way dman.

Streit's still a 10goal 40+point puck moving dman and would fit in nicely, especially since the oilers transition game has been awful this year outside of the last few games.

FlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:10 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I think he's exactly the kind of defenseman we need. Petry and Schultz can move the puck but we need someone who can put up numbers aside from J. Schultz. Smid, Fistric and N. Schultz are strictly stay at home kind of defenseman. Don't think we need any more of those. Not to mention the experience he has. I'm hoping the Oilers will be buyers and to me Streit is a huge upgrade on Whitney.
Agree to disagree I guess, I think we need someone with more balance in his game. In all honesty, our biggest need on the blueline is a #1. Streit can pass off as one I guess, but he's aging and will be in decline soon. I'd sign him this summer, but I`m not in favor of giving up assets to trade for him.

Old
04-02-2013, 12:12 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
Petry is hardly an offence first dman. He jumps in on the rush a bit, but he's more of a 2way dman.

Streit's still a 10goal 40+point puck moving dman and would fit in nicely, especially since the oilers transition game has been awful this year outside of the last few games.
Petry is still pretty prone to defensive screw ups, something I wouldn`t consider to be part of a 2-way d-man`s game. I think he`ll continue to improve on that though. I don`t disagree with Streit being good...I disagree with trading for him, the Isles will rightfully want an arm and a leg for him.

Old
04-02-2013, 12:26 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post

The pts he gets also comes with about a -25 +/- average, no thanks to a aging small offensive D that cannot play D, rather keep Potter. Sometimes I wish Lowtide would do some research.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:38 AM
MetaOil1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
The pts he gets also comes with about a -25 +/- average, no thanks to a aging small offensive D that cannot play D, rather keep Potter. Sometimes I wish Lowtide would do some research.
Is this a joke? Streit>Potter AINEC, Streit is the exact type of player we need.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

In this particular market he'll either net a first and a c level prospect (I'd rather a 4th or 5th round pick). Isles have a great prospect pool so Snow would either want the high pick or a roster player back.

I personally don't see him moved.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:15 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
Is this a joke? Streit>Potter AINEC, Streit is the exact type of player we need.
Streit is the better play, but his defensive game is almost non-existent. It's like having another smurf forward on the ice for the Oilers and anyone that has watched a Oiler game can see that they lack the physical size and grit to compete with the better teams. The joke is that some people actually believe that he would be a fit for the Oilers.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:25 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Streit is the better play, but his defensive game is almost non-existent. It's like having another smurf forward on the ice for the Oilers and anyone that has watched a Oiler game can see that they lack the physical size and grit to compete with the better teams. The joke is that some people actually believe that he would be a fit for the Oilers.
Potter's defensive game is also non-existent. At least Streit could pass the puck from our end and hit our kids in stride.

Streit is right at the tops of my interest list. I think he'd be a fantastic addition. But if the asking price starts with a 1st, I'd want no part of it. Luckily a bunch of d-men seem to be going for two 2nd rounders this year. And we do have two of those. Perhaps a deal could be arranged if the Isle can't re-sign Streit. The Oilers and Isle do have trading history.

Our D has size. The fwd group needs help with size, the d group need help with passing.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:35 AM
scid14

Definitely would not want to give up a 1st for Streit but wouldn't be against trading for him if the price was right. If it was going to be a 1st+ then I would hope Tambo would hang up.

Last edited by scid14: 04-02-2013 at 02:40 AM.
scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:23 AM
StrongIslanders90

EDM should just wait until july 1st imo.Streit has a realationship with the Oilers Head coach already so they could be one of the teams that he would chose if the Isles dont resign him...

EDM is not in the position to give up assets yet for a rental...

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:44 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
Definitely would not want to give up a 1st for Streit but wouldn't be against trading for him if the price was right. If it was going to be a 1st+ then I would hope Tambo would hang up.
At the trade deadline, you expect to land a player who's heavily in demand, for a reasonable price ?

Maybe the Oilers should wait until the summer when he may be a ufa.

If Streit's moved, I think he'll bring back a 1st and a good prospect.

http://islanderspointblank.com/news/...it/#more-39948

Last edited by CREW99AW: 04-02-2013 at 04:51 AM.
CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:48 AM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

At this point and with the going rate for Defenseman the NYI should just trade the Captain to a contender.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:04 AM
kasper11

The problem for a team like Edmonton is that a team like Boston would probably be willing to give their first, but for a team on the playoff bubble that would be ludicrous.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:06 AM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
At this point and with the going rate for Defenseman the NYI should just trade the Captain to a contender.
We are in playoff contention. Unless we get a player back that we could plug into the lineup and make us better I don't see us trading him for a draft pick or prospect. That would give the rest of the team the vibe that we were giving up on the playoffs. If we win tonight we are very much in it. If we give up Streit for a prospect and/or draft pick our playoff hopes are over. Snow would get run out of town for a move like that.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

A prospect not named Klefbom+2nd?

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote