HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red? (Part 2) (MOD warning #661)

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Cyborg Yzerberg
Sitting on a Cloud

vCash: 50
I'd be for signing Clowe in the off season if we didn't have such a clutter of bottom 6 guys right now. You think Pominville is a possibility?

Old
04-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
I'd be for signing Clowe in the off season if we didn't have such a clutter of bottom 6 guys right now. You think Pominville is a possibility?
within the division trade for buffalos 2nd best forward?

probably not

Old
04-01-2013, 08:38 PM
WingedWheel1987

This gif alone is worth trading for Clowe.

Old
04-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Cyborg Yzerberg
Sitting on a Cloud

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
within the division trade for buffalos 2nd best forward?

probably not
Good point.

Old
04-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
If he trades it for Vanek I am okay with it. Just for the record, in fact he can move quite a bit for that guy before I get upset.

JayBo wasn't really worth it, even if the prospects were mediocre to add on. Would be interesting to hear what they actually wanted for him from us too.
I'm wondering if a goalie prospect had to be involved. If so, I'm betting Mrazek was a sticking point, especially with Howard unsigned.

04-01-2013, 09:30 PM
last_sd

I don't think BUF will trade with us. We are in their division next year.

Especially since most of their forwards are not rental (Vanek, Pomi, Stafford)

Old
04-01-2013, 09:30 PM
RedWingsNow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I'm wondering if a goalie prospect had to be involved. If so, I'm betting Mrazek was a sticking point, especially with Howard unsigned.
They wanted Berra, who is like 25. So I don't think they were hung up on Mrazek. Wasn't like they got the best goalie prospect in history

Old
04-01-2013, 09:31 PM
RedWingsNow*

Not sure I want Clowe. Looks like a Joe T production. I'd sign him to a 2 year, $2M a year deal... but i doubt that will get the job done

Old
04-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Spitfire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
Not sure I want Clowe. Looks like a Joe T production. I'd sign him to a 2 year, $2M a year deal... but i doubt that will get the job done
He's really no better than Abdelkader, I'm pretty sure you'd hate him. Slow as ****, but he's one of the toughest guys in the league.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:08 PM
WingedWheel1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
He's really no better than Abdelkader, I'm pretty sure you'd hate him. Slow as ****, but he's one of the toughest guys in the league.
Are you serious? Justin Abdelkader has NINE POINTS playing on Datsyuk's wing.

Do you think Gator would have scored 62 points on Thornton's wing?

Half of those points coming from one fluke game.

Clowe is snakebit, but let's not pretend that Gator has half the talent Clowe has.

I am hoping you just forgot the sarcasm emoticon.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

who do we think we're?

trading for a guy like clowe?

are we the pittsbugh penguins all of a sudden?

anybody over 30 or UFA = an absolute disgrace of a GM

Old
04-01-2013, 10:23 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
If trading for a low 30's player that has skills that we need, I'm fine with that. That means Kenny can't sign a UFA that's 35+ with diminishing skills during the offseason. I know we all want to see a trade for a skilled top six sniper that's mid 20's. I'm fine with babysteps toward that goal.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:25 PM
WesNichols14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
This gif alone is worth trading for Clowe.

pavelski is kind of creepy in that gif

Old
04-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221 View Post
If trading for a low 30's player that has skills that we need, I'm fine with that. That means Kenny can't sign a UFA that's 35+ with diminishing skills during the offseason. I know we all want to see a trade for a skilled top six sniper that's mid 20's. I'm fine with babysteps toward that goal.
For me, it'd depend on the 35+ guy and what other moves Holland would make to clean up the roster. I wouldn't be against signing a 38 yr old if he brings something we lack, if we also make sure we have room to promote kids who've earned it.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:35 PM
WingedWheel1987

I found the phone Holland uses to make trades.

I dont understand why Holland doesnt get rid of all the dead weight.

This year was supposed to be the year we got to see Tatar and Nyquist up full time.

Good to see Andersson get a shot, but he isn't a difference maker.

If Nyquist and Tatar had played last year, maybe Flip could be traded for a D-man who isn't terrible.

If Smith had played last year and improved dramatically this year, it would allow Holland to pull the same moves Shero was able to do because he had a glut of prospects with young players already contributing on the main roster.

Sammy needs to retire AKA LTIR.
Bert is done. What coach would seriously allow him to set foot on the ice in the playoffs?
Cleary.....LOL
Gator........Mr. Hat trick is beyond useless 99% of the time he is on the ice.
Eaves and Miller are just plain meh. They are who they will be for the rest of their careers at this point.

Too many meh players taking up valuable roster spots for prospects who have too much potential to continue to let them rot in the AHL for the likes of Sammy, Cleary, Eaves and Miller.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:39 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

Quote:
Are you serious? Justin Abdelkader has NINE POINTS playing on Datsyuk's wing.

Do you think Gator would have scored 62 points on Thornton's wing?

Half of those points coming from one fluke game.

Clowe is snakebit, but let's not pretend that Gator has half the talent Clowe has.

I am hoping you just forgot the sarcasm emoticon.
Clowe has how many points and zero goals while playing with San Jose's top six most of the year?

I am more afraid that Clowe is breaking down from having seen the Sharks and him this year. He looks like a Cleary type betrayal is happening there.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:41 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I don't think the Wings have a real shot at the cup this year, but I do not want draft picks to be a primary focus. The Wings have more than enough prospects available, I'd like to hopefully see some trades that improve the team now and next year. I don't want projects, or guys that we hope might turn into something. If we can get a Bouwmeester or a Gaborik or something like that at the expense of some prospects wit a verbal guarantee that these guys will look to re-sign with us then I'll be happy.
Been thinking about this for a bit. I agree, draft picks shouldn't be primary focus, but with the excess that we believe should be available, there's not much quality to get back. I'd be alright with picks. Picks can always be bundled for higher picks or better quality players. Maybe it's a six of one, half dozen of another type of a thing. Hell, at this point any trade not returning a conditional 7th would look decent in my book lol.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:42 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:

This year was supposed to be the year we got to see Tatar and Nyquist up full time.

If Nyquist and Tatar had played last year, maybe Flip could be traded for a D-man who isn't terrible.

If Smith had played last year and improved dramatically this year, it would allow Holland to pull the same moves Shero was able to do because he had a glut of prospects with young players already contributing on the main roster.

Bert is done. What coach would seriously allow him to set foot on the ice in the playoffs?
Cleary.....LOL
Eaves and Miller are just plain meh. They are who they will be for the rest of their careers at this point.

Too many meh players taking up valuable roster spots for prospects who have too much potential to continue to let them rot in the AHL for the likes of Sammy, Cleary, Eaves and Miller.

Why don't you barf up your same talking points some more? Why don't you make your pitch to Mr. I right now why you should be GM. I don't think you understand how difficult it is being a GM. You can't just pick up the phone and make a trade whenever you feel like it, and you won't be able to dump whatever garbage you have on someone against their own will (The other 29 teams have GMs as well, and they make their own decisions too).

Old
04-01-2013, 10:45 PM
detredWINgs

San Jose is doing exactly what Detroit should be doing.

Dead weight UFA defenseman? Traded.
Dead weight UFA centerman? Traded
Underperforming UFA winger? On the block.

And they're on a 4 game winning streak right now.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:48 PM
WingedWheel1987

They are the same talking points because Ken Holland has been doing the exact same thing every year. My act is predicated on Ken Holland's actions. You should talk to him if you don't like what i'm saying.

I'm so sorry Mein Führer. I apologize for upsetting you.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
They are the same talking points because Ken Holland has been doing the exact same thing every year. My act is predicated on Ken Holland's actions. You should talk to him if you don't like what i'm saying.

I'm so sorry Mein Fuhr. I apologize for upsetting you.
But when you get Helm, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, CC and Quincey back late in the season, it's like making trades.... Get ready. That's the presser on Wednesday.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post

Why don't you barf up your same talking points some more? Why don't you make your pitch to Mr. I right now why you should be GM. I don't think you understand how difficult it is being a GM. You can't just pick up the phone and make a trade whenever you feel like it, and you won't be able to dump whatever garbage you have on someone against their own will (The other 29 teams have GMs as well, and they make their own decisions too).
I don't think WW1987 is being at all unreasonable with their take. It's not like there were any outlandish deals proposed or anything, it wasn't asking Holland to morph into Holmgren. Making room for prospects with the parent club is something a lot of GMs manage to do.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Big Poppa Puck
U JUST MADE THE LIST

If by some pipe dream miracle the Wings traded for Vanek I'd first immediately order his jersey then just start doing random things in excitement, sort of like this:

Old
04-01-2013, 11:06 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I don't think WW1987 is being at all unreasonable with their take. It's not like there were any outlandish deals proposed or anything, it wasn't asking Holland to morph into Holmgren. Making room for prospects with the parent club is something a lot of GMs manage to do.
It was the repeating of talking points we have heard ad nausea since the effing season began. Good night. How many times do we have to hear it? We get it. Anything Holland does, he's damned for it. I get sick and tired of it. If he spends a 1st rounder, he's damned. If he doesn't, he's damned. If he breathes, he's damned. If he doesn't force a gm at gunpoint to take Drew Miller off our hands, he's damned. If he signs a depth player after a year where we had bad depth, he's damned. If he tries to make moves, but can't , he's damned. If he explains that he doesn't want to overpay, he's damned. If he overpays he's damned. Ken Holland can't win on this board. It's gotten overboard again.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Flowah

Quote:

Cleary.....LOL

I am reminded of a quote from Return of the Jedi as Luke is brought in with Han and Leia in front of Jabba after they are all captured and about to be send to the Sarlacc pit.

Han: "How we doing?"
Luke: "Same as always."
Han: "That bad, huh?"

My reaction after news regarding signings, trades, callups surrounding this team for the past 3 years. Either we didn't land the guys we wanted, or we signed a bunch of retreads, or we traded away a first round draft pick for a crapper that we proceed to overpay, and on down the line.

Oh well.

Closed Thread