HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 10:20 AM
GarretWillhelmThe3rd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
The timing of this is unbelievable... check out Google News for the information on Reebok selling their rights off early on the NHL jerseys... and Bauer striking a deal with the NHL to take it over and keep the rights through 2020-21 season... plus a major Bauer/NHL push to eliminate all knockoffs through strict policing... Great news!!!
Link? That sounds interesting, i was too young for the older AHL/NHL Bauer authentics...can anyone provide some insight on them?

Old
04-01-2013, 10:33 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretWillhelmThe3rd View Post
Unfortunately that is $200 for a standard replica, sized S-XXL. If it was an authentic, supposedly replicated to what is worn on the ice it would be sized from 46-60. The current authentics are made in Indonesia and are lighter and not as nice as the jerseys worn on ice, they are edge 2.0's. The previous retail authentic was an edge 1.0, made of ultrafil/xtrafil/edge material. Your buddy bought a $200 replica.

Yes, the $200 ones at the stadium are just replicas. They do not have the flight strap.

I bought a Simmonds on at the stadium last month for $200 to get signed by him at the Carnival. I didn't wanna give up the one I already had that I like to wear.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:41 AM
flountown

Me thinks Sawdalite is playing a joke on us...

Old
04-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Mosetter27

me thinks the same..... but I was not... reebok will more than likely loose the NHL contract when it expires..

Old
04-01-2013, 06:07 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosetter27 View Post
me thinks the same..... but I was not... reebok will more than likely loose the NHL contract when it expires..
I don't doubt that, I was commenting on the immediate nature of his post.

Old
04-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
I don't doubt that, I was commenting on the immediate nature of his post.
O I know I was just clarifying.

Old
04-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

You guys are easy LOL... April Fool... I thought I'd sneak in one not having to do with a pre-deadline NHL trade... then I got busy and got tied up until now.

Seriously though... I'd welcome some good competition on the NHL jerseys... one that would net use better quality and better prices... like we had with CCM/KOHO... oust Reebok.

Old
04-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Flyers845

I just wish the 2.0s were all air knit. I like the cut of the jersey

Old
04-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Rocky Raccoon

Meh. I've always liked Reebok's stuff. I wasn't happy when Nike took over the NFL and I won't be happy when this happens. I have so much merchandise that will become outdated.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Raccoon View Post
Meh. I've always liked Reebok's stuff. I wasn't happy when Nike took over the NFL and I won't be happy when this happens. I have so much merchandise that will become outdated.
Unless the new company goes on an ego trip... like Reebok did... and forces the teams to change to conform to a certain template, there is no reason to believe the teams will switch uniforms just because the manufacturer changed... there will be Organizations that change jerseys constantly while others that hardly ever change... So, wearing the current jerseys will be no different than when they used to switch from Starter to Nike to CCM, etc. I wear the old KOHOs now to games -- wore a Knuble Sunday -- and even wear old Nike orange ones with retro players... I have worn an old Eagle on on occasion -- I usually wear players dressed for games though, which fazes out many jerseys... but I wear them when players return to play or are honored or when I want to personally honor them, or just feel like it -- So, I don't feel that my merchandise will become outdated upon company change... but that's just me, and I respect other people's personal preferences in jersey wearing/collecting.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:24 AM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Unless the new company goes on an ego trip... like Reebok did... and forces the teams to change to conform to a certain template, there is no reason to believe the teams will switch uniforms just because the manufacturer changed... there will be Organizations that change jerseys constantly while others that hardly ever change... So, wearing the current jerseys will be no different than when they used to switch from Starter to Nike to CCM, etc. I wear the old KOHOs now to games -- wore a Knuble Sunday -- and even wear old Nike orange ones with retro players... I have worn an old Eagle on on occasion -- I usually wear players dressed for games though, which fazes out many jerseys... but I wear them when players return to play or are honored or when I want to personally honor them, or just feel like it -- So, I don't feel that my merchandise will become outdated upon company change... but that's just me, and I respect other people's personal preferences in jersey wearing/collecting.
... hate to be a debbie downer... If Bauer comes in they will not use the "EDGE" template most likely and use their own thing. Some teams may just adapt their current design to that template some may use it as a chance to switch again. What Reebok did was right and wrong at the same time. So if a new company comes in expect an overhaul again.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:02 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretWillhelmThe3rd View Post
Unfortunately that is $200 for a standard replica, sized S-XXL. If it was an authentic, supposedly replicated to what is worn on the ice it would be sized from 46-60. The current authentics are made in Indonesia and are lighter and not as nice as the jerseys worn on ice, they are edge 2.0's. The previous retail authentic was an edge 1.0, made of ultrafil/xtrafil/edge material. Your buddy bought a $200 replica.
Nice. Lucky for him, he's in the Navy and makes bank on our taxes so he has money to blow.

I'll stick with the $35 knock-off's from the flea markets.

Old
04-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosetter27 View Post
... hate to be a debbie downer... If Bauer comes in they will not use the "EDGE" template most likely and use their own thing. Some teams may just adapt their current design to that template some may use it as a chance to switch again. What Reebok did was right and wrong at the same time. So if a new company comes in expect an overhaul again.
... How is that different than what I said?

Reebok forced the template down the throats of the Organizations in a manner where they all changed at least a bit to conform... and eventually they learned -- or were able to -- conform their jerseys to not be so wed to the template... as I see it... Look at the Flyers who redesigned their jerseys to the retro style while the Panthers are still locked into the original template, I assume due to their lack of desire to change. I find it funny though how some teams such as the Original Six teams stayed really true to their old uniforms... maybe due to their being mostly plain in design, and they just told Reebok to shove it and ignored the template lines while the other clubs buckled under. The Leafs design is similar to the Flyers new retros... but the Flyers it seemed had to redesign their 80s-90s style to go with the edge seams. In any case, now there seems to be individual team jersey designs not married to the original Reebok template... and I would assume that if and when a new company gets control, they will not be able to force mass changes like Reebok did. I find it hard to imagine a new template as I can't see a major design change... I could be wrong though... I would assume that the teams would do as they usually do and either come up with a new design (to sell more jerseys) or stay with what they have.

Reebok I suppose was innovative in their mass changes to NHL uniform construction... but I really don't know how much for the better. Many players complained and went with the larger sized jersey, thus eliminating the new slim design... and many players complained about the material and some changes were made to that... there were complaints about the water shedding material actually keeping perspiration on the players, which they did not like, and I believe that was addressed with changes also... I agree Reebok was both right and wrong in their mass revisions to the old school jerseys.

That said, I personally don't see Bauer or any other company coming in with wild claims to turning the Industry upside down with space age updates... I don't see a new template promising the World with aerodynamics streamlining the jerseys so that the players fly through the wind and aren't burdened with sweat and being so slim that they don't encumber the players magical movements... But, who knows? Maybe Bauer or some other company has some aces up their sleeves and some bridges they are able to push off on the NHL.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Flyers845

Mcginn auto signing

Doesn't show up good in the picture I took but its decent when you look at the 8x10 in person

Old
04-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Flyers845

Tom sestito game worn set 1 warmup and first period

Funny I looked through the team photo that came with the loa and I didn't see him in it

Old
04-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post

Funny I looked through the team photo that came with the loa and I didn't see him in it
I guess that means he was taking the photograph.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:39 AM
flountown

Quote:
That is awesome.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
leclair1088

Quote:

Where do you get these from?

Old
04-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Flyers845

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
Where do you get these from?
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=74932 but the millionaiers jerseys are sold out I believe but you could call and ask

Old
04-05-2013, 05:47 PM
sg12lw

Finally got my hands on a WC jersey!

so where's the best place to get it customized??

Old
04-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg12lw View Post
Finally got my hands on a WC jersey!

so where's the best place to get it customized??
Skate Zone in Voorhees. Although they sometimes don't call to let you know that the jersey is done lol

I work right down the street from there and went in on a hunch to check on my WC Authentic Giroux, it had been almost a month but they had got it done fairly quickly prior to me going in there, apparently.

Old
04-05-2013, 08:58 PM
sg12lw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy View Post
Skate Zone in Voorhees. Although they sometimes don't call to let you know that the jersey is done lol

I work right down the street from there and went in on a hunch to check on my WC Authentic Giroux, it had been almost a month but they had got it done fairly quickly prior to me going in there, apparently.
Thanks!! I'm also going with Giroux on mine (love the keystone 'a')

Do you know offhand if they'd let me ship it to them?

Or do i need to have someone drop it off?

Old
04-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg12lw View Post
Thanks!! I'm also going with Giroux on mine (love the keystone 'a')

Do you know offhand if they'd let me ship it to them?

Or do i need to have someone drop it off?
call ask for Paul or Tom and say Billy sent you...

Old
04-07-2013, 04:54 PM
leclair1088

is there a general hf boards jersey thread? or just ones in all the team sections?

Old
04-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
is there a general hf boards jersey thread? or just ones in all the team sections?
Ive been suggesting a Jersey exclusive section for at least 2 years...

Closed Thread