HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton-Philadelphia

Old
04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
I mean I looked at his stats and they do not look really impressive. Then again I don't watch him play but I mean 10 pts 30 games from someone who is suppose to be a top 6 PWF seems like a bit of a let down.
Well the thing is, he had like 2 points in his first 18 games or so playing on the 4th line with guys like Belanger. He got moved up to Gagner's line as a reward for his fantastic defensive play this season and suddenly he's shown some offensive spark. Paajarvi will likely never be the ppg player people were expecting after his post-draft year, but with some more development, he can realistically put up 15-20 goals/40-50 points as a second liner, maybe even 60-70 points in a good year if he has to spot for an injury in the top line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Edmonton and Philly make bad trading partners. Both need D more than anything.
Agreed, although the Oilers could use some size up front (obviously we're not getting a guy like Simmonds unless we give up something nice of our own) and Philly could use some goaltending (Khabi is still a solid backup who can steal a game once in a while unlike Boucher/Leighton).

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Devonator

As a Flyer fan, the original proposal is not bad as I really like Yaks but we badly need a young stud d man.....and I doubt you guys are going to be giving up Schultz.

Both teams have lots of nice young talent but I do not think we make great trading partners.....I think if the Flyers trade with anyone, it will be a team like the Coyotes!

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:42 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Value goes something like this

Yak
Simmonds/Couturier

Paajarvi

Why do we do this?
More like this

Yakupov

Simmonds

Coutourier

Pajaarvi

I'd give Yak and a 2nd. No to Pajaarvi.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Yakupov will probably end up being the best player of the group, but I'd rather have the Flyers pair.
This.

I wouldn't trade Yakupov for Simmonds or Couterier alone, but together I would, even though MPS is playing MUCH better this year. Really happy with his play.

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:55 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
More like this

Yakupov

Simmonds

Coutourier

Pajaarvi

I'd give Yak and a 2nd. No to Pajaarvi.
LOLOLOLOLOL.

I would say its more like

Yak

Simmonds/Couts

MPS.

That trade would be brutal for Philly, add a 2nd and its pretty even IMO.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:13 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL.

Yak

Simmonds/Couts

MPS.

You`re really underrating Pajaarvi.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by goggog View Post
To Edmonton:
Couturier
Simmonds

To Philly:
Yakupov
Paajarvi

Give or take a couple picks.
Thoughts?
I say good deal for the Flyers. I take it.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:18 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
I mean I looked at his stats and they do not look really impressive. Then again I don't watch him play but I mean 10 pts 30 games from someone who is suppose to be a top 6 PWF seems like a bit of a let down.
And I suppose that Couturier's 2-7-9 in 33 games is a lot better than Paajarvi's 7-3-10 in 30? And don't try and tell me Couturier is better defensively

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:19 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
You`re really underrating Pajaarvi.
You are really under rating Simmonds who is currently scoring better than Hemsky, RNH, Yak, etc.

He is probably playing at MPS upside.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
And I suppose that Couturier's 2-7-9 in 33 games is a lot better than Paajarvi's 7-3-10 in 30? And don't try and tell me Couturier is better defensively
LOL.

Couturier has the 15th lowest offensive zone start % out of all NHL forwards with at least 20 games played (33%).

All while playing some of the toughest minutes on the team (will probably be the toughest now that Talbot is out).

And yes, Couturier is better defensively. It's not even close.

tl;dr

Couturier >>>>>>>>> MPS

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:37 AM
RisingSun
Registered Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
LOL.

Couturier >>>>>>>>> MPS
seems legit. Have you even seen Paajarvi play? Honestly 95% of eastern fans don't even watch western conference games, let alone Oilers games, so ofcourse your going to get crap like this.

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:38 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

OG deal is pretty even... But neither team does it IMO. Both teams need D and would be trading one of both of their respective best young chips that could be used to get a good young defenseman. Doesn't make sense for either side.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:26 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
LOL.

Couturier has the 15th lowest offensive zone start % out of all NHL forwards with at least 20 games played (33%).

All while playing some of the toughest minutes on the team (will probably be the toughest now that Talbot is out).

And yes, Couturier is better defensively. It's not even close.

tl;dr

Couturier >>>>>>>>> MPS
With his offensive stats can see why , Reason why he dropped so fast in draft and he was not drafted as a defensive player and this season he has regressed from that as well. Big no from Oilers would rather have fast powerforward in PRV than slow footed center who is ok on defensive but useless on offence

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:39 AM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

I would not trade Yakupov for Couturier.

I would not trade Pääjärvi for Simmonds.

So... no from Oilers.

Kulleroinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:42 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
i like the 'idea' of this trade, giving edmonton more of the types of players they need but still keeping to the young rebuilding core idea.

04-02-2013, 05:58 AM
tade

Never. Brutal, horrible trade for Flyers. I don't really want moody russian player, without defense like Yakupov and Paajarvi who's I think nothing more than 3rd liner. This would be horrible for Flyers. The price for both Simmonds and Couturier is so high as you probably can't even imagine.

Sean Couturier is more talented and more effective for the team than Yakupov ever will be, face it.

Wayne Simmonds is excellent young, gritty, power forward for 2nd line and power play. He's also talented with good hands. I exactly know why Edmonton fans wants him but he is not going moved. He will stay in Philly.

tade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:02 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Is it possible thats Yakupov, Couturier, Simmonds, and PRV are all being underrated in this thread?

Value is probably close, but it isn't a deal that the flyers would likely be interested in. It seems to fit the oilers needs, but to philly's

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:26 AM
FlyingV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tade View Post
Never. Brutal, horrible trade for Flyers. I don't really want moody russian player, without defense like Yakupov and Paajarvi who's I think nothing more than 3rd liner. This would be horrible for Flyers. The price for both Simmonds and Couturier is so high as you probably can't even imagine.

Sean Couturier is more talented and more effective for the team than Yakupov ever will be, face it.

Wayne Simmonds is excellent young, gritty, power forward for 2nd line and power play. He's also talented with good hands. I exactly know why Edmonton fans wants him but he is not going moved. He will stay in Philly.
More talented? Have you ever even watched Yakupov or Paajarvi play?

Paajarvi has made major improvements after a slow start and is finally using his speed and size to drive the net. That being said simmonds holds more value as Paajarvi's offense is still a question mark.

However, to say Couturier is more skilled and will be more effective than Yakupov will ever be is laughable. Yaks already put up much better rookie numbers and is much more likely to become an offensive superstar than Couturier. Not to say Couturier won't be a solid 60+point guy with a great defensive game but he doesn't have the offensive upside that Yakupov does.

Would say no to this deal from an Oiler perspective because you don't give up on first overall picks with stamkos like potential (no I'm not saying he will ever reach stamkos level, but its entirely possible that he will be a ppg 40 goal scorer someday).

FlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:58 AM
tade

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
More talented? Have you ever even watched Yakupov or Paajarvi play?

Paajarvi has made major improvements after a slow start and is finally using his speed and size to drive the net. That being said simmonds holds more value as Paajarvi's offense is still a question mark.

However, to say Couturier is more skilled and will be more effective than Yakupov will ever be is laughable. Yaks already put up much better rookie numbers and is much more likely to become an offensive superstar than Couturier. Not to say Couturier won't be a solid 60+point guy with a great defensive game but he doesn't have the offensive upside that Yakupov does.

Would say no to this deal from an Oiler perspective because you don't give up on first overall picks with stamkos like potential (no I'm not saying he will ever reach stamkos level, but its entirely possible that he will be a ppg 40 goal scorer someday).
I said more talented not more skilled that's are two different things for me. Yakupov is very skilled player but Couturier is more talented and with his defensive play will be more effective for every team than Yakupov. Honestly, I think Yakupov won't become a superstar caliber player in Edmonton and he is not close to Stamkos potential. He is better offensive player than Couturier no doubt here but in overall Couturier is just better than him.

And it is just like that: Simmonds >>> Paajarvi.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

Quote:

Couturier more talented than Yakupov? Whatever makes you feel better.

You don't have to worry about this trade, Oilers will not do it.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:42 AM
tade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
Couturier more talented than Yakupov? Whatever makes you feel better.

You don't have to worry about this trade, Oilers will not do it.
Why should I be worry about random proposal by a fan? This is not any kind of rumours or speculation by reporters so whatever. To be honest, Oilers would be dumb to not do this. It is more like Flyers would never do this.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

Quote:
Why should I be worry about random proposal by a fan? This is not any kind of rumours or speculation by reporters so whatever. To be honest, Oilers would be dumb to not do this. It is more like Flyers would never do this.
To be honest, Oilers would be dumb to take that kind of an offer. I am so happy that there will not be such a trade.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:55 AM
kento19
@kento19

vCash: 50
No way Philly does this

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:03 AM
DousedInOil

No thanks from the oilers.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL.

Yak

Simmonds/Couts

MPS.

Coming from a flames fan
Quote:

Him and his whopping 9 points? Face it, he will never be the offensive juggernaut like you guys hyped him up to be last year

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote