HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 06:52 AM
MXD

vCash: 500
I have a bad feeling...

Please, don't give Eller+ for Pominville.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:53 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I have a bad feeling...

Please, don't give Eller+ for Pominville.
I really doubt we give Eller. Not at this point of our season.

We'd give AHL or Junior prospect, and/or maybe a few pics.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
That's a weird comparison. Pominville plays wing...

Pominville would be a great addition and really solidify our scoring on the wings.
Yes he would, but if we trade Beaulieu or Tinordi we lose in the longrun, period. We have nobody in the sysyem that can replace Markov 1 day other than Beaulieu. tinordi covers our biggest need on defense with great skating.

But man Pominville would be an AWESOME addition.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Draft

Don't get me wrong, Pominville is a great player. BUT, he's a RW (don't need those), he's only 6'0 (don't really want more small guys), he doesn't play with a physical edge (everybody seems to want these type of guys for playoffs), he's 30 (doesn't really fit with the building for the future mentality) and above all else, despite the fact that he's from Quebec, what kind of name is Jason for a Francophone player? Gotta keep your priorities straight this time of year.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:07 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Don't get me wrong, Pominville is a great player. BUT, he's a RW (don't need those), he's only 6'0 (don't really want more small guys), he doesn't play with a physical edge (everybody seems to want these type of guys for playoffs), he's 30 (doesn't really fit with the building for the future mentality) and above all else, despite the fact that he's from Quebec, what kind of name is Jason for a Francophone player? Gotta keep your priorities straight this time of year.

Wow. Failpost. Epic Fail. Fail written all over it.

Troll account?

Old
04-02-2013, 07:07 AM
Draft

Quote:
6'0 isn't small, I apologize.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post

Troll account?
No, that's just heavy sarcasm.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:12 AM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:

Troll account?
I'm sorry but I have to agree we don't need pomminville and to be honest I don't think Montreal is intersted either plus bourque is almost ready.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:14 AM
ChoseLa

It's french too but it fell into disuse a long time ago, much like Pomo himself.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:16 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
No, that's just heavy sarcasm.
*phew*, my apologies, then. Very pointy sarcasm you got there. Next time use the Sarcasm smiley --> :sarcasm: (without the bolden parts), it'll avoid confusion

Old
04-02-2013, 07:16 AM
HomaridII

The key to this trade deadline is that for the first time in a very long time, I trust the GM to make the right move.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:17 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
I'm sorry but I have to agree we don't need pomminville and to be honest I don't think Montreal is intersted either plus bourque is almost ready.
Well, if we could somehow magically replace Gionta by Pominville, it would take care of that need, plus the need for a player on the point for the PP.

But yeah, with Ryder playing LW, getting another RW makes no sense whatsoever.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:18 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
It's all right to believe Pomminville isn't a good addition to our team. But saying that he is small at 6' , or saying that he's too old at 30?!

That was ridiculous.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:18 AM
Lshap

Pominville is a real talent and worth a discussion, at least. Regher would've been nice, but oh well...

But most players being discussed as trade bait are nothing more than second and third-stringers at best. Yeah, Clowe would be nice as depth and to add some physicality, but I'm concerned his value is being wildly inflated around the league. There's not much quality out there at this point, so Clowe's been getting more attention than he'd otherwise deserve. And his asking price for a new contract (around $5M) would make him nothing more than a rental.

Face it - the idea of a trade is more exciting than the reality of what's available. I'd love to stock up on a couple more big bodies for the playoffs, but there's little out there that could make a big difference.

I still think we'll do something, however. More likely the Habs make a move for a big, cheap defenseman to fill some minutes in the playoffs. For the rest of our D, expect to see Beaulieu and possibly Tinordi in their first playoffs. And if Armstrong's out, get ready for more Dumont or Blunden.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:20 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post

I still think we'll do something, however. More likely the Habs make a move for a big, cheap defenseman to fill some minutes in the playoffs. For the rest of our D, expect to see Beaulieu and possibly Tinordi in their first playoffs. And if Armstrong's out, get ready for more Dumont or Blunden.
Don't forget Ryan White, who was kinda tossed of the lineup for Halpern.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Yes he would, but if we trade Beaulieu or Tinordi we lose in the longrun, period. We have nobody in the sysyem that can replace Markov 1 day other than Beaulieu. tinordi covers our biggest need on defense with great skating.

But man Pominville would be an AWESOME addition.
Ppl are being afraid for no reason. You almost never see established players for established players trades at the trade deadline unless it's a change of scenery for involved players. Those type of trades happen a lot more often during the off season. No body should think that any of our roster players would get moved except Weber and maybe White.

As for our prospects, I think they can all be assets in a trade except Tinordi and beaulieu. Because they fill needs we desperately need in the short term.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
It's french too but it fell into disuse a long time ago, much like Pomo himself.
Who has some polysporin for that burn?

I just don't see a possible trade for Pominville that is of value for the Habs. Who out of the top 9 is available for trade? If Bourque is back, things are pretty full up front. I'd hate to see Ryder go with the way he's been playing. Would he be of any value to Buffalo? Gionta has a NTC, Bourque probably wouldn't get a very good return and all of the rest of the wingers are pretty well untouchable.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Pominville is from the US.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:27 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He was born in QC.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Draft

Quote:
It's all right to believe Pomminville isn't a good addition to our team. But saying that he is small at 6' , or saying that he's too old at 30?!

That was ridiculous.
I should have put size/physicality together. But honestly, 30 is getting up there in years. It works if the Habs want to compete now but it's not a very good value pick up if the Habs core is peaking in ~3 years. Buying at the highest possible moment in his career and utilizing him on the down swing is not very good asset management.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:35 AM
shutehinside

I think Pominville would be a perfect fit for the Habs. The only problem I have is who do you take out and what's the price to get him?

Those two questions may be the biggest barrier to getting him than anything else.

With Bourque and Diaz coming back soon, we're adding top 6 player and top 4 defensman for nothing! Anything we can get outside the org for non essential assets is a bonus.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:39 AM
hockeyfan2k11

That Bow deal. What Calgary got back...what would be the equivalent package for the Habs?

Old
PATCHESx67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
no hes born in quebec just has an american passport also

Old
blarneylad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I think Pominville would be a perfect fit for the Habs. The only problem I have is who do you take out and what's the price to get him?

Those two questions may be the biggest barrier to getting him than anything else.

With Bourque and Diaz coming back soon, we're adding top 6 player and top 4 defensman for nothing! Anything we can get outside the org for non essential assets is a bonus.
Galchenyuk. He needs to play, but maybe a little bit less come playoffs

Old
04-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Milhouse40

For me, trading Eller+ for Pominville makes no senses.

Trading a young cheap asset for an older player with a contract of 5.5M$ for a year and a half.....and how much will he cost then? Although Pominville is a better player than Eller right now, you have to consider the long term.

Eller will get better and better for the next 2-3-4 years and won't cost that much.
Pominville won't get really better for the next 2-3-4 years and will cost even more than now.

When Eller will hit his prime around 26-27 years old, Pominville will be 34-35....on the backend of his career.

Closed Thread