HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Isles beat Devils yet again, status quo continues

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 11:49 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
I'm getting really tired of watching Clarkson kill decent cycles with offbalance, weak, low shots that don't get pased the defense

Old
04-01-2013, 11:51 PM
apice3*

One thing's for sure, the team needs Kovy desperately.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Quo View Post
What do the Stars exactly want? Do you know?
Supposedly a first rounder, but I'll believe it when I see it. A first rounder and a prospect or roster player. Clowe supposedly can get a first rounder. I somehow doubt it though.

Also TG tweeted that Kovy was in the team box with his arm in a sling. That tells me this will be closer to the 4 week projection than 2.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

I wasn't worried about our playoff chances earlier. Now I am.

What a fall from grace. 2 games away from the cup. Started off the season first in the east... And now, I have no words. No effort. Time is running out.

Old
04-02-2013, 12:10 AM
blueliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancella View Post
Only one way to fix this... bring Jacques Lemaire out of retirement once more.
Get Larry Robinson back while we're at it.

Old
04-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner View Post
Get Larry Robinson back while we're at it.
Dont Forget Adam Oa...

Old
04-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred
Also TG tweeted that Kovy was in the team box with his arm in a sling. That tells me this will be closer to the 4 week projection than 2.
I think if the team sneaks into the playoffs, Kovy will play game 1.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk Army View Post
I think if the team sneaks into the playoffs, Kovy will play game 1.
I think if the team misses the playoffs that he won't play again this year. If we're in 10th place during the last week of the season and he's cleared, he still won't play. At this rate that's where we're headed.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:13 AM
MadDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
One thing's for sure, the team needs Kovy desperately.
But he gets too much ice time.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:54 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Give Zajac credit for trying to warrior his way through the flu tonight. The few times he was out there he was noticable in a good way. One positive of late is the return of the good Zajac and we need that for sure.

I don't even know what Clarkson needs, he just is making terrible descisions out there.

Also the 1st period combined with the Florida games has have been the worst defense this team has played all year. Just horrendous. The merry-go-round needs to stop, it should of stopped weeks ago. If possible one of the D-men need to go, Tally or Volch preferablly, but open to Harold or Zids too. If Pete really is going to play Harrold as much as he is, then having him and Zids is redundant so one is expendable. Tally has always been the most expendable while seemingly being moveable (seemingly, see what the market looks like now because it didn't seem to be there a week ago). Volch I still think is unmovable, no one is going to want him and his contract and for good reason.

It was clear tonight Zubs was rushed back. He needed this week to practice with the team. He was rusty and not ready for game speed yet. I get why they did it (kind of a low-risk panic move), but that didn't work.

We do miss Kovy something fierce. Guy is the engine of this team, other guys live off his energy. We haven't won a game without him yet correct? Injuries are never a good excuse but we keep losing key guys at the worst times.

Also no excues left, Larrson should not sit another game this year. Same with Fayne. Harrold, Tally, and Volch can share pressbox duties. No more putting some of our best defenders in the box.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:42 AM
captainscott

Quote:
Would any of you agree that this is the worst Devils team in the last 20 years?
probably as far as a regular season team yes.... but we have had better teams record wise that were just piss poorly put together teams... this team is in the conversation

Old
04-02-2013, 06:45 AM
captainscott

we are all piling on clarkson because as his play improved so did the expectations.

but he is not the only guy not playing well

1. elias ( as of late) as been missing glorious chances
2. henrique.... he has probably been the biggest flop this year at least clarkson carried the team early
3. clarkson

these three guys are all playing bad and they are also on the our first unit pp no wonder the pp stinks

Old
04-02-2013, 06:47 AM
captainscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post
I wasn't worried about our playoff chances earlier. Now I am.

What a fall from grace. 2 games away from the cup. Started off the season first in the east... And now, I have no words. No effort. Time is running out.
well the effort is there but the talent isn't ...

if lou can manage a trade for a stud forward it may give the confidence needed. this team as all the makings of the perfect playoff team except the extra winger that can score...i have no problem unloading clarkson

Old
04-02-2013, 06:49 AM
captainscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Supposedly a first rounder, but I'll believe it when I see it. A first rounder and a prospect or roster player. Clowe supposedly can get a first rounder. I somehow doubt it though.

tells me we are not making playoffs then... i actually thought this team could survive w out kovy,... but with broduer playing average since his return. i don't think they can survive

Old
04-02-2013, 06:53 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Clarksons hockey IQ is non existent. I seriously think Tedenby has more hockey IQ, at least in the offensive Zone

Old
04-02-2013, 07:12 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

1st period was awful. 2nd period was awesome.

we really need henrique to step up. be it a sophomore slump or whatever, he has been the biggest disappointment this year for me (aside from JJ), especially given parises departure.

tallinder isnít awful. the zilicky-salvador pairing aint working for me. at all.

lou has to make a decision. either SELL (for once) so we can stockpile, or pick up pominville or another top-6. if the deadline passes with the same team we see now, Iíll blame this seasonís performance on lou, starting with not replacing parise, filled in with the matteau incident, and concluding with these poor games with 0 chemistry.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:19 AM
DevilSinceDayOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainscott View Post
we are all piling on clarkson because as his play improved so did the expectations.

but he is not the only guy not playing well

1. elias ( as of late) as been missing glorious chances
2. henrique.... he has probably been the biggest flop this year at least clarkson carried the team early
3. clarkson

these three guys are all playing bad and they are also on the our first unit pp no wonder the pp stinks
You can add Zajac to that list.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:30 AM
NJDEVIL

wow i was at the game right behind Nabakov twice. Shoulda went to the other end lol.

That was the worst showing i've ever seen in my life. What is wrong with these players, ugh! wow! if that doesn't spark a trade i don;t know what will.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:31 AM
martyisgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Look on the bright side...We didn't get scored on in the final minute!

Old
04-02-2013, 07:31 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

anyone know how many turnovers we had in the 1st? we might have set a record. and every time they turned it over, they stretch-passed the **** out of us

Old
04-02-2013, 07:35 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Look on the bright side...We didn't get scored on in the final minute!
We play better defense without a goalie in net these days

Old
04-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

Quote:
Would any of you agree that this is the worst Devils team in the last 20 years?
Certainly the most unlikable and probably the worst overall.

Even the Johnny Mac season team would smoke this one because that team got their act together and were nearly unbeatable for a long stretch of the season.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:43 AM
CerebralGenesis

What clarkson needs is to not be out there for so long. He shouldn't be getting extended EVS minutes and he got a ton yesterday.

Our forward roster is very weak but that is partially on Pete for giving him so much icetime.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:46 AM
RNCDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
What clarkson needs is to not be out there for so long. He shouldn't be getting extended EVS minutes and he got a ton yesterday.

Our forward roster is very weak but that is partially on Pete for giving him so much icetime.
Pete liked Clarkie's game yesterday according to post-game quotes. This is certainly a frustrating multi-week stretch. They probably deserve more points than they have received but on the bright side, by some miracle, they are still a playoff team.

Let's take it to Boston. Last year, the Bruins absolutely annihilated the Devils at the start of the year. It's how you finish.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Boy am I dreading Thursday . We aren't going to beat Boston. Not with this lineup at least . We have too many under performers on this team.

It's also clear to me Clarkson is going no where. Te fact that Deboer defended him was a joke . Clarkson made inexcusable turnovers that would get a younger player benched, yet he praises Clarkson for his play. Clakson brings nothing defensively , refuses to play a physical game , for whatever reason, and at te same time can't score . But , it's worse, not only can he not score , he kills almost any offense we have . He either goes offside, passes if to the other team or just puts a shot on net that's either blocked or right at the goalie .

Now, I don't expect Clarkson to play like he did in the first half of the year, it's impossible, but at least show me something .

Closed Thread