HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Barrie Colts 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 10:39 PM
behind the d

vCash: 500
Is Garcia playing at all??? what gives with this 3rd round pick?

Old
03-27-2013, 11:07 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by behind the d View Post
Is Garcia playing at all??? what gives with this 3rd round pick?
Just a very, very deep defence (including perhaps, a coach's favorite). Yuill is a first round pick, was OMHA player of the year, and is a year older than Garcia but is only getting spot duty and at that because O'Connor is out. Also, overloaded on the left side and they will use forwards on defence for the PP (at least DH has given up on the 5 forward bantam style PP). Depth chart on the left side seems to be:

Lepkowski
Laser
Webster
Yuill
Garcia

Old
03-29-2013, 10:32 PM
amyles
We The North

So I guess we're gonna be cheering for Mississauga for the next couple of days.

Old
04-01-2013, 08:33 PM
amyles
We The North

We are officially playing Oshawa in the second round. This series will definitely be a lot tougher than the Kingston series. What are your guys predictions for this series? I'm predicting the good guys in 6 games.

Old
04-01-2013, 09:04 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyles View Post
We are officially playing Oshawa in the second round. This series will definitely be a lot tougher than the Kingston series. What are your guys predictions for this series? I'm predicting the good guys in 6 games.
Gonna say colts in 6. The colts have better goaltending but similar offensively and defensively. As long as the colts stay out of the box and the specialty teams click we should win. It will be big to get Camara back for game 2.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:05 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
Gonna say colts in 6. The colts have better goaltending but similar offensively and defensively. As long as the colts stay out of the box and the specialty teams click we should win. It will be big to get Camara back for game 2.
I think tonight w/o Camara is the key. Win without him, Colts in 5. Lose and I think it's a 7 gamer coin flip.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:37 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I think tonight w/o Camara is the key. Win without him, Colts in 5. Lose and I think it's a 7 gamer coin flip.
I'm firming up now - HUGE win! That was the Gens' chance. With Camara in, Colts win three of the next four. Nice to see three Colts that should be back as the three stars.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:04 PM
DEVSTER

Quote:
I'm firming up now - HUGE win! That was the Gens' chance. With Camara in, Colts win three of the next four. Nice to see three Colts that should be back as the three stars.
Ya, so I haven't posted on this thing in like a year, but this was just too much. I couldn't resist. I am amped to see how the Colts will do with Camara in the lineup. A more aggressive threat to the Gens I'm sure. By far, this was my favourite game in the three years that I have been going to the Colts games. My outside family are major Generals fans so that pretty much explains it. Can't wait for Friday's game. I won't have to do my homework at 11:pm.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:07 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

After Barrie was basically sleepwalking through 50 minutes of the game you'd think that win was a killer for the Gennies. Hopefully with Camara back they play a lot better Friday. Scheifele was almost invisible. I thought we'd lost Ekblad with the shot off the knee but he was back and skating fine later in the game.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:30 AM
LeafsColts13

They played terrible until the 3rd period. Hall really stepped up and Niederberger was great. With Camara coming back it should be better than last night. Also Dotchin apeared to get speared by a Gens players stick and he did not return. Hopefully he is ready to go for friday. I have really been impressed with his game. Lastly I was shocked there were only 2650 in the arena last night. Hoping for a better turnout on friday.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:05 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

The turnout was terrible. I thought Dotchin got elbowed in the throat? It was a cheapshot anyway. Hall and Neiderberger definately saved the day. I was worried we'd lost Ekblad there too from the shot off the knee. He hobbled around on a shift after that and then was gone off the bench. His skating looked fine when he came back though.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:38 PM
amyles
We The North

Quote:
They played terrible until the 3rd period. Hall really stepped up and Niederberger was great. With Camara coming back it should be better than last night. Also Dotchin apeared to get speared by a Gens players stick and he did not return. Hopefully he is ready to go for friday. I have really been impressed with his game. Lastly I was shocked there were only 2650 in the arena last night. Hoping for a better turnout on friday.
A Wednesday night isn't the most attractive time for a lot of fans. I think Friday night will bring out lots of fans and the BMC will be rocking.

Glad to see the Colts got the win after not playing very well for the most part of the game. Hoping to see a more a consistent effort next game. They should get a nice boost with Camara coming back from suspension.

Old
04-04-2013, 07:30 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
A Wednesday night isn't the most attractive time for a lot of fans. I think Friday night will bring out lots of fans and the BMC will be rocking.
Unfortunate bi-product of the Priority Selection on Saturday...

Old
04-05-2013, 06:18 PM
umwoz

Anywhere that I can watch tonight's game?

Old
04-05-2013, 09:15 PM
DEVSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Anywhere that I can watch tonight's game?
A little late, but you can watch OHL games on "OHL Livestream" if you want to waste your money. Perhaps you can catch the next game if you are not already going.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:18 PM
DEVSTER

Incredibly scary hit on Zach Hall at the tail end of the game tonight. I think that it is safe to say that Laughton has earned a suspension, no? People at the rink seem to think that Hall will be back in no time. I am having my doubts.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:27 PM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVSTER View Post
Incredibly scary hit on Zach Hall at the tail end of the game tonight. I think that it is safe to say that Laughton has earned a suspension, no? People at the rink seem to think that Hall will be back in no time. I am having my doubts.
I think Hall might be back, he is the kinda player that comes back from terrible hits. Laughton should be suspended, very dirty hit and I'm not a fan of how Oshawa plays.

On the game, the colts played way better tonight in front of a sold out crowd. Theroet was outstanding and Camara coming back really helped all the lines. Hope this continues on Sunday and Hall is back in the lineup.

Old
04-05-2013, 09:46 PM
DEVSTER

Quote:
I think Hall might be back, he is the kinda player that comes back from terrible hits. Laughton should be suspended, very dirty hit and I'm not a fan of how Oshawa plays.

On the game, the colts played way better tonight in front of a sold out crowd. Theroet was outstanding and Camara coming back really helped all the lines. Hope this continues on Sunday and Hall is back in the lineup.
Well, it's nice to see that you think the same as the other kind people at the game. I am actually going to the Shwa sunday to watch game 3. I will try to focus on the game as much as I can without being distracted by all the noise that goes on there. Wish me Luck.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:03 PM
amyles
We The North

What a great win for the Colts, but man oh man were those refs terrible. From start to finish they were making terrible calls are missing some very easy calls. Loved when the fans were giving the refs the business with a chorus of boo's multiple times. The fans were great tonight just like I expected. I think we will see a sold out crowd for the rest of the playoffs which should help our memorial cup bid.

Best line of the game was by far the second line. I can't say enough about those guys (Theoret and AA especially). AA has been the best Colt for the whole playoffs, he was great in the regular season but has taken it has to the next level and is just dominating the play out there. I have to give it to the Colts for picking up Theoret at the deadline. At first I was a little weary of the deal because we gave up our newly drafted first rounder but he has definitely surprised me with his play. He plays physical and is a great goal scorer.

The first line was not as noticeable as I would want them to be, but they played hard when they needed to and got the win. One player that is doing great in his role is Bradford. He very good defensibly and is one of the Colts best penalty killers. He can even chip in a little bit of offense and is capable of keeping the puck in the offensive line and killing lots of time.

Hopefully the Colts go to Oshawa and steal one game and then come back home to win the series in game 5.

Edit: I also want to add that we could really use O'Connor on the back end. There were a few times where Yuill got blown by and I think that would not happen with O'Connor out there. Don't get me wrong, I think Yuill played great for the most part of the game but he just made some mistake that the veteran O'Connor would simply not make because Yuill is just not at that level yet.

Old
04-06-2013, 08:46 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Definately a better outing by the Colts last night than Wednesday. Laughton should get a least 5 for that hit. Hall looked in pretty rough shape as he was helped past us. Nice to see the team wake up. Imagine how good they can be if Scheifele does the same.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:01 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
I hope he's back, but I'm not sure I'd agree with this. Zach has been plagued with concussion issues, especially in his first two years. Really unfortunate. At least Laughton is player though - he would really suck to be without Hall for the rest of the series if the only player the Gens lost on the other end was a stiff... As a repeat offender, you would presume Laughton would be lost for the rest of the playoffs if O'Connor was given 10 games as a first time offender. Wouldn't you?

Old
04-07-2013, 06:20 PM
amyles
We The North

Colts up 2 halfway through the second period. Both of the goals have came on the powerplay. Laughton isn't playing which must mean that he got suspended for the hit on Hall. I wonder how many games he got?

Old
04-07-2013, 07:07 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Colts up 2 halfway through the second period. Both of the goals have came on the powerplay. Laughton isn't playing which must mean that he got suspended for the hit on Hall. I wonder how many games he got?
Indefinite at this point. Colts are going to close this one out. Bigger issue is how long are all these players going to be out? Hall is at least a week.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:49 PM
amyles
We The North

Quote:
Indefinite at this point. Colts are going to close this one out. Bigger issue is how long are all these players going to be out? Hall is at least a week.
Hopefully Sudbury steals a couple games from Belleville to make that series drag on for as long as possible to give the Colts some time to rest and heal up.

Any news on Theoret? I read that he didn't play very much in today's game. Hope he isn't injured too bad.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:31 PM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Hopefully Sudbury steals a couple games from Belleville to make that series drag on for as long as possible to give the Colts some time to rest and heal up.

Any news on Theoret? I read that he didn't play very much in today's game. Hope he isn't injured too bad.
I haven't heard anything about Theoret. Hopefully it's something minor like Dotchin in game 2. Hopefully Sudbury steals a game or two at home and the colts finish this Tuesday so they are rested. I'm gonna be careful and not get too far ahead of myself after what happened last season.

Closed Thread