HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red? (Part 2) (MOD warning #661)

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

vCash: 500
Datsyuk hints he wants to play in Edmonton on his Facebook...

"I am Bored ... I want a company ...a good company ... A good oil company ... ;-)"

Old
04-02-2013, 12:28 AM
jroc86

If we make the playoff this year I thinkwe canalldeemthe year a pretty decent success. HIndsight is ALWAYS 20/20 ... and I agree 100% that Nyquist and Smith should have full timers last year and Tatar should have been this year.

This was the year we were supposed to tank and miss the playoffs even with our actual roster. NO Bert/Helm/Samulsen all year ... thats a solid 3rd line right there. No Coliacovo all year till now.

Brendan Smith has disapointed me allot this year ... but hes getting better. I see a bit of fear in his puck retrieval right now which seems uncharacteristic of him. Perhaps wary of another shoulder injury. Kindl has stepped up. Tatar proved without a doubt hes up here next year whenwe have room. Nyquist is starting to get back to looking comfortable at the NHL level. Kronner and Ericsson have both stepped up IMO despite Kronwall taking a ton of flack. Tootoos been a beast and Anderssons been adequate for his role. Oh ... and we got the top NCAA free agent. NBD.

Quit crying in your cornflakes ... weve all seen this decline coming, but with better injury luck next year, a few kids in, a few old dogs out, and maybe a decent signing or two the "rebuild on the fly" mantra might have a little something to it. If it works Ill happily take a few years of being a 6-8 seed as opposed to taking the Edmonton/Pitts/Chi method of utterly tanking for half a decade.

We arent the 600lb gorilla in the room anymore and thats unfortunate. But our teams "downs" thusfar are pretty laughable compared to what allot of other fanbases deal with. I know Im not watching a cup contender - but ****, if Howie gets hot and we shoot up Helm and Bert with painkillers in a month and Dats and Z hit beast mode who knows ...this teamis capable of making things interesting for a few rounds I think.

Old
04-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Goalie guy

I think we all know what we will see! Sammie back for a week, Helm will try for a 1st period and leave, Bert will shoot up and play at half of him self to try and help the team. Kenny will tell us all he was looking and could not find a guy willing to take the Detroit discount to play here. end of season!

Old
04-02-2013, 02:14 AM
Nut Upstrom
JIMMY GO GANGBUSTERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post

"I am Bored ... I want a company ...a good company ... A good oil company ... ;-)"
This could be a return to Russia hint as well, or just Pavel amusing himself.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:20 AM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged Nut View Post
This could be a return to Russia hint as well, or just Pavel amusing himself.
It was an April Fool's posting by Datsyuk that made no sense whatsoever that I simply shared with the baseless speculation in order to bait people for my own amusement.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:14 AM
Huge Jackman
Happy Happy Happy!

Send a message via Yahoo to Huge Jackman
Quote:
It was an April Fool's posting by Datsyuk that made no sense whatsoever that I simply shared with the baseless speculation in order to bait people for my own amusement.
Well done, sir!

Old
04-02-2013, 03:36 AM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
It was the repeating of talking points we have heard ad nausea since the effing season began. Good night. How many times do we have to hear it? We get it. Anything Holland does, he's damned for it. I get sick and tired of it. If he spends a 1st rounder, he's damned. If he doesn't, he's damned. If he breathes, he's damned. If he doesn't force a gm at gunpoint to take Drew Miller off our hands, he's damned. If he signs a depth player after a year where we had bad depth, he's damned. If he tries to make moves, but can't , he's damned. If he explains that he doesn't want to overpay, he's damned. If he overpays he's damned. Ken Holland can't win on this board. It's gotten overboard again.
As far as talking points go, Kenny's had the same ones for years up til the last article we saw. Kenny shouldn't be immune from scrutiny. Instead of cycling in nhl ready prospects, he signed overaged ufa vets and left the prospects to 'overripen'. A great concept pre salary cap. Not so much anymore. People aren't complaining just to see themselves talk. In the past few seasons Kenny's made some very questionable trades and signings. Kenny was once one of, if not the best GM in the league. Since our last cup win, Holland put the car in neutral and has been coasting along. Quality players that were worth a little overpayment got lowballed, while dime a dozen or aging depth players got overpaid. He deserves the criticism he gets for those. The trade block is another matter. While noone wants their GM to 'overpay' in any trade, the way some teams have gotten seemingly fleeced in trades for quality players, while Kenny overpays for who he considers quality...or depth or whatever. If you can't understand the frustration that causes, then you must be one of the most mellow people around.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:40 AM
Z40
High Compete Level

Bob McKenzie said on NHL Tonight that teams are inquiring about Erik Johnson. I hope we are one of those teams. You guys think the Avs would trade him? They are last in the conference.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:24 AM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z40 View Post
Bob McKenzie said on NHL Tonight that teams are inquiring about Erik Johnson. I hope we are one of those teams. You guys think the Avs would trade him? They are last in the conference.
I think they've said that Johnson is one the players they want to build their team around, so I doubt it. I dunno if Johnson has been bad this season, but unless he's had a very bad season, we can't afford him. Too young and too good for what we want to give up. But sure, would be really cool to have him on the team, as long he wouldn't turn out as Quincey 2.0 Those Avs...

Old
04-02-2013, 06:32 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

I think Gaborik could be a good option and the price won't be astronomical. Buffalo will ask much more for Vanek.

I'm actually glad we didn't for Bouwmeester. He eats up a lot of minutes and he's a good puckmoving defenseman, but he just isn't the type of player this team needs. I'll laugh my ass off he St. Louis miss the playoffs now

NHL.com speculating that Detroit may be in for Gaborik and Redden (WTF?)

How about Pominville?

Old
04-02-2013, 07:01 AM
Henkka

Pominville would be a superb acquisition. He can do everything. Penalty kill, great point player, right handed shot. Perfect 1st line RW with reasonable caphit. Don't know what he would cost. Winger prospects?

No need for Redden, I think it's good for Blues to have him as a 7th spare part.

Gaborik of course, is interesting, because our slovakian kids. He would be perfect father-figure for them. But I think he ends up to San Jose for Boyle (+Clowe?)

Old
04-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

buffalo is in our division

if people thought that was the sole reason an inept moronic GM known as Scott Howson, manager of the worst NHL club at the time with not much hope beyond Nash was because we were in the same division then how can we possibly believe that Darcy Regher a somewhat competent GM will actually trade within his division(thats us now) one of his young core pieces?

no chance we trade for vanek, pomminville or myers

Old
04-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Nut Upstrom
JIMMY GO GANGBUSTERS

Quote:
You are a rapscallion.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:04 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugaid View Post
I think they've said that Johnson is one the players they want to build their team around, so I doubt it. I dunno if Johnson has been bad this season, but unless he's had a very bad season, we can't afford him. Too young and too good for what we want to give up. But sure, would be really cool to have him on the team, as long he wouldn't turn out as Quincey 2.0 Those Avs...
Pierre just said they could move EJ, O'Byrne and Giggy at the deadline, to name a few.. It could happen..

Old
04-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Gabby for Cleary and Abby!

Old
04-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
buffalo is in our division
Uhh, really forgot that.

Thank god they traded some valuable assets to strengthen the west.

So who can we trade with?

Is it only:

- Teams at Atlantic division.
- Team out of Wester playoff race.

Teams at western playoff race don't want to strengthen us, or we don't want to strengthen them. And New Central teams who'll refuse to strengthen us for the future.

PIT
PHI
NYR
NYI
NJD
WSH
CAR
----
CGY
COL
(DAL)
(PHX)

Old
04-02-2013, 09:05 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
I can buy the new divisional thing, but I think trading with the WC or rest of EC shouldn't be that big a deal. Not saying we are likely to trade with the central either, but really we're talking a month more we're in the same division, and I don't think we are so big rivals with anyone that it would risk a reasonable trade for both sides.

I mean, SJ just traded with CHI and even if it was a small trade it made sense for both and they are playoff rivals.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Uhh, really forgot that.

Thank god they traded some valuable assets to strengthen the west.

Is it only:

- Teams at Atlantic division.
- Team out of Wester playoff race.

Teams at western playoff race don't want to strengthen us, or we don't want to strengthen them. And New Central teams who'll refuse to strengthen us for the future.

PIT
PHI
NYR
NYI
NJD
WSH
CAR
----
CGY
COL
(DAL)
(PHX)
i think teams will trade within their division but usually under very limited conditions
-not core young players involved
-team trading player away is a terrible team
-team trading away has absolutely nothing in the cupboard
-GM of team trading away is inept

unfortunaetly buffalo dosent meet those criteria
-pommy, vanek and myers are core players for them
-buffalo isnt a terrible team
-buffalo has a solid prsopect system and shouldnt follow a scorched earth policy(unlike the flames)
- darcy regher is a decent gm(unlike howson or feaster)

Old
04-02-2013, 09:13 AM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I can buy the new divisional thing, but I think trading with the WC or rest of EC shouldn't be that big a deal. Not saying we are likely to trade with the central either, but really we're talking a month more we're in the same division, and I don't think we are so big rivals with anyone that it would risk a reasonable trade for both sides.

I mean, SJ just traded with CHI and even if it was a small trade it made sense for both and they are playoff rivals.
I agree. Let's not give Holland another excuse for doing nothing to help this team contend/rebuild.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:19 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Pierre just said they could move EJ, O'Byrne and Giggy at the deadline, to name a few.. It could happen..
Moving EJ would be stupid imo.

Only top pairing defender on that team, and he's got excellent contract. Most of them should be on bottom pairing. Barrie is promising and Siemens look good but you don't trade your Best Dman when your D core is one of the worst in NHL. They have excellent forwards, goalie good enough to win. Their rebuild should be close to done, not start all over again.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:35 AM
needzmoarcleary
I'm Back

Judging by Hollands past few season I honestly only expect one decent move if any at all. So let me ask you guys what do you think our "biggest" need is. Would you go all out or at least make a huge pitch for a legit goal scorer or legit defenseman. I personally think our defense still needs a lot of work and is part of the reason why we almost can barely win against teams like Colorado and how we got spanked by Chicago. Too many goals are scored because of defensive breakdowns and just sloppy overall defensive play. Dumb passes up the middle not clearing bodies infront of the net. I mean we could go out and get a legit forward but I still think the number of goals that get scored on us would outweigh said players production. Just my two cents though.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by datsykiandeke View Post
Judging by Hollands past few season I honestly only expect one decent move if any at all. So let me ask you guys what do you think our "biggest" need is. Would you go all out or at least make a huge pitch for a legit goal scorer or legit defenseman. I personally think our defense still needs a lot of work and is part of the reason why we almost can barely win against teams like Colorado and how we got spanked by Chicago. Too many goals are scored because of defensive breakdowns and just sloppy overall defensive play. Dumb passes up the middle not clearing bodies infront of the net. I mean we could go out and get a legit forward but I still think the number of goals that get scored on us would outweigh said players production. Just my two cents though.
i dont forsee holland making any significant trades for any impactful player(under 30 who meets his top pairing dman and/or top line forward stated desire)

most likely we will trade ian white for a 2nd rd pick and call it a day, claim the prices were too high as we have seen and state we will wait till July 1st to really make our move

Old
04-02-2013, 09:51 AM
nik jr

Quote:

maybe he wants to be GM of edmonton.

but it sounds to me more that he may want to be an oligarch in russia.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:12 AM
shultzyfeelinirie20

good points from kenny“I don’t think we need any more depth up front,'' Holland said. “If we can do a legitimate trade to acquire a player that we think is a legitimate top-nine or top-six forward or a legitimate top-four defenseman, then we’re going to look.

“There’s no use for me trading a fourth-round pick to bring in someone to sit.''

With few teams out of the playoff picture, trade activity could be limited.

“Is there a player that someone wants to trade that wants to be a top-six or top-nine forward? Not really, when everyone is trying to win. Today, a couple of teams signed players that were going to be unrestricted free agents (including Edmonton's signing of defenseman Ladislav Smid, whom the Red Wings were interested in). I think between now and Wednesday lots of teams are going to sign some of their players.''

Old
04-02-2013, 11:13 AM
shultzyfeelinirie20

“I’ve had some conversations with some teams about the odd depth player, and I really don’t have an interest,'' Holland said. “I think we’re a deeper team today than we were six weeks ago and I’m hoping we can get lucky over the next (few) weeks with some of these injured people.

“I’m not going to spend any assets to acquire any depth players. We have lots of depth.''

Closed Thread