HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 08:17 AM
HomaridII

vCash: 500
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 9m
Status quo #Sharks Clowe despite talk this one could have been done. 3-party deal w/ 2 teams+player lends a slower process.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Dreger was referring to how they are playing. Up tempo and they come at you different ways. They arent predictable, as opposed to the Bruins, who play a monotone type style of game.

Basically that the habs are ahead of the curb, still very young & can cause damage in the playoffs without adding anything. Hence, still having all of our picks/prospects next year & still being a force in the East this year.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Pierre Dagenais
pissening

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
Yet people complain about RDS reporters. This is as blank a statement you can ever make.
Do you work for RDS? Half of your posts are you defending RDS. Stop being so defensive about RDS.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Tyson

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. If Bourque can come back that will provide a big body who can play in the top two lines. Diaz, I am less optimistic about. The only place for me would be an experienced D. None of our youngsters are quite ready for a playoff run on D, although I believe they are going to be great real soon.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:24 AM
shutehinside

I wouldn't count on Clowe becoming a Hab.

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 2m As I mentioned last night, the Sharks have granted a few teams permission to speak with Clowe's agent. MIN & PHI are 2 of the teams.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 2m As I mentioned last night, the Sharks have granted a few teams permission to speak with Clowe's agent. MIN & PHI are 2 of the teams.
Reliable?

And where does it say no Montreal?All i resd from that sharks gave a few teams permission,wild snd flyers are atleast two teams

.....a "few" teams,isn't 2 teams.

Last edited by Habaneros: 04-02-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old
04-02-2013, 08:26 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:

I don't think many people are. The assumed asking price + what he wants as an extension is way too much.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Who could be less expensive alternatives to Clowe and Regehr and would cost a fair bit less...mid round pick or low end prospect?

Guys on expiring contracts on non playoff teams.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
If he is really looking for that kind of extension I hope MB stays the hell away from Clowe

Old
04-02-2013, 08:31 AM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Don't forget Ryan White, who was kinda tossed of the lineup for Halpern.
Actually, White got injured then we picked up Halpern. I think White is close to ready now. If Armie is hurt long term, we'll have a revolving door on the 4th line with Moen - Halpern, although I think White gets 1st crack at staying on that wing.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:33 AM
BobbyFischer*

Forget Clowe... let's keep our picks and build a lean, mean, competitive team. (through the draft mainly).

Unless SJ GM is like Feaster... =]

Old
04-02-2013, 08:35 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
As mentioned, size and toughness. He's also pretty much the only winger without a bad contract who can play in the top 6 known to be fully available.
But he's not without a bad contract.

True, he is UFA, but it seems he will not waive his NTC unless he can sign with a team that will give him a long-term deal.

So where is the safe rental in that?

Old
04-02-2013, 08:40 AM
HBDay
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Forget Clowe... let's keep our picks and build a lean, mean, competitive team. (through the draft mainly).

Unless SJ GM is like Feaster... =]
I completley agree. Why trade for someone with about 12 games remaining?? We are already play-off contenders. Let's make a run with what we have... go deep... have a good time and make another crack next year.

Besides think of it in reality.... Do you really think we have a high percentage shot at beating Pittsburgh, Chicago or Anaheim even with a rental player?

I strongly believe that we should keep our picks... With Timmins at the helms any draft pick is a valuable draft pick.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If he is really looking for that kind of extension I hope MB stays the hell away from Clowe
I think Clowe has 3-4 years left. I wouldn't have a problem having him at under 4 mil per year...4 years 14 mil, preferably a bit front loaded in case he declines...4.5 mil 4 mil 3.2 mil and 2.3 mil.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Acquire Clowe and Pominville and a tough, big, defensive defenseman.

Michael Ryder - Tomas Plekanec - Jason Pominville
Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Brendan Gallagher
Ryane Clowe - Lars Eller - Brian Gionta
Travis Moen - Jeff Halpern - Brandon Prust

Subban - Gorges
Markov - The Defender we Trade For
Emelin - Bouillon

Galchenyuk gets the Seguin treatment.

Just trying to think of unrealistic different scenarios.
Pommer only if Gionta and at most a 2nd go the other way. If anything more than this, we don't need him.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:43 AM
otto bond

Is Jason Pominville avaible? If so, the price could be very high.
Jagr is gonna be some what fesable IMO

My trade baits IMO are:
Kaberle
Weber
Moen
White
Prospect like Pateryn

With the deals out there being made, I'm sure the Habs can dance with a team and get what they want at a lowish cost.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2 11h Not sure If Blues fans should be too jacked up. Picked up a d-man making huge quid, who's done jack **** in 5 years.

Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2 10h A lot of tweets regarding a d man logging key minutes. If you're a 6.5M D-man logging simply key minutes you're not valuable.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:45 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
I completley agree. Why trade for someone with about 12 games remaining?? We are already play-off contenders. Let's make a run with what we have... go deep... have a good time and make another crack next year.

Besides think of it in reality.... Do you really think we have a high percentage shot at beating Pittsburgh, Chicago or Anaheim even with a rental player?

I strongly believe that we should keep our picks... With Timmins at the helms any draft pick is a valuable draft pick.
Yep.

And we know it's a deep draft.. some very very good players will slip through to the second round, no doubt about it, and we have an amazing head scout. Players that may very well step in to our lineup in 2yrs and help out on an inexpensive ELC contract.

Old
HBDay
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post

My trade baits IMO are:
Kaberle
Weber
Moen
White
Prospect like Pateryn

With the deals out there being made, I'm sure the Habs can dance with a team and get what they want at a lowish cost.
They just waived Kaberle with no takers. If no one took him for free, there not gonna pay for him. That's a no go.

Old
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Who could be less expensive alternatives to Clowe and Regehr and would cost a fair bit less...mid round pick or low end prospect?

Guys on expiring contracts on non playoff teams.
Good question.

I think that when you're bringing in complimentary pieces, they don't have to be guys who carry your team. They need to be useful members that help your team.

Case in point, Jeff Halpern. Cast off from the Rags but has done his job well on a good team. Takes important face offs, gives Plex a break on the PK and brings a high energy game with his limited minutes and chips in offensively.

On the surface he's a 4th line scrub but on a good team the things he does helps give better quality time to the more talented members. We need more guys like that for the playoffs who can contribute and take some of the work load off the more talented players.

Who are they? That's why managmenet gets paid the big bucks!

Old
04-02-2013, 08:47 AM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

vCash: 114
Pass on Clowe, please. I'd rather keep our picks and have the cash to re-sign Subban next summer, thanks.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:50 AM
BobbyFischer*

Plus he's be honest.. what is Clowe really gonna add to our team? Ok he's big...

So he's gonna be like... a little better version of Moen?

Meh..

Old
04-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post

My trade baits IMO are:
Kaberle
Weber
Moen
White
Prospect like Pateryn

I'm not sure who you're expecting to get with that. Maybe a chocolate bar and a high five ?

Old
04-02-2013, 08:51 AM
HBDay
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Good question.

I think that when you're bringing in complimentary pieces, they don't have to be guys who carry your team. They need to be useful members that help your team.

Case in point, Jeff Halpern. Cast off from the Rags but has done his job well on a good team. Takes important face offs, gives Plex a break on the PK and brings a high energy game with his limited minutes and chips in offensively.

On the surface he's a 4th line scrub but on a good team the things he does helps give better quality time to the more talented members. We need more guys like that for the playoffs who can contribute and take some of the work load off the more talented players.

Keeping with the tradition of bringing guy's back...

How about Benoit Pouliot... I know zero about what is going on with him right now.. Scratched... Injured... I don't know.

I'd imagine he's low cost.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:51 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Good question.

Some off the top of my head..

Forwards:
Stephen Weiss
Danny Cleary
Raffi Torres
Ryan Jones
Boyd Gordon
Jochen Hecht

Defense:
Adam Pardy
Ryan O'Byrne
Marc Fistric