HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Revisiting Landeskog's captaincy

Old
03-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Pie Man
A-Pie

vCash: 500
I think too many ppl are looking at his stats and consider its a misstake to make him captain. I bet the same peoples would say he is a good captain if he is PPG. Just like everything Duchene does or say is right, some even say he is mature now just because he put up the points, it was the opposite for Duchene last year when he did not put up the points.

Pie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Man View Post
I think too many ppl are looking at his stats and consider its a misstake to make him captain. I bet the same peoples would say he is a good captain if he is PPG. Just like everything Duchene does or say is right, some even say he is mature now just because he put up the points, it was the opposite for Duchene last year when he did not put up the points.
There is a noticeable difference in Duchene's on ice maturity level.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:05 PM
danmcn12
Radioactive

Too early, but the best choice probably.

danmcn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:34 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
management probably only did it to boost jersey sales

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:05 AM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

vCash: 642
Of the many decisions this franchise has made the past few years, this is easily one of the most foolproof plans. It was only inevitable. Reasons listed elsewhere. He is the logical choice, he plays and acts like a captain, has had the role growing up, it has been determined for a while. O'Reilly was the closest thing, but it may have been for the best.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:22 PM
WornWithPride
24 cups? Who cares.

The moment this kid was drafted I wanted him wearing the C for the avalanche. Being in Ottawa, there was so much attention on him because at the time, Ottawa could have gotten him (theyre pick slipped and they chose too late obviously). He was always slated as a mature leader and I've always loved Swedish Captains (Lidstrom, Alfy, Sundin, Sedin). They saw him taking the torch from Alfy a few years down the road.
Was it early? yes. But this was their guy. They knew it. May as well go through the formalities and make him captain. Mark my word: this kid will never be traded. He'll be/ already is a great leader.

WornWithPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:29 PM
PAZ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WornWithPride View Post
The moment this kid was drafted I wanted him wearing the C for the avalanche. Being in Ottawa, there was so much attention on him because at the time, Ottawa could have gotten him (theyre pick slipped and they chose too late obviously). He was always slated as a mature leader and I've always loved Swedish Captains (Lidstrom, Alfy, Sundin, Sedin). They saw him taking the torch from Alfy a few years down the road.
Was it early? yes. But this was their guy. They knew it. May as well go through the formalities and make him captain. Mark my word: this kid will never be traded. He'll be/ already is a great leader.
One of those captains are not like the others.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:41 PM
avs1dacup

vCash: 134
Who cares. All the captaincy shows is a player has leadership. It doesn't affect the refs or the calls or anything. Whether he got it this year or three years down the line doesn't matter.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:08 PM
WornWithPride
24 cups? Who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
One of those captains are not like the others.
Can you expand on this? At this moment, I'm assuming you mean Lidstrom is a Great captain, while the others are good captains or something?

WornWithPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:35 AM
landesberg
p stastny

Quote:
Originally Posted by WornWithPride View Post
Can you expand on this? At this moment, I'm assuming you mean Lidstrom is a Great captain, while the others are good captains or something?
Probably the inclusion of Henrik Sedin is what he's talking bout

landesberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:09 AM
GamingGiant

Quote:
Was it the right choice?
Yes

Quote:
Is he the leader of the team, both on and off the ice?
Yes

Quote:
Is he a game-breaker who leads by his actions?
In progress

Being so young he is going to go through some growing pains both as a player and as a captain. A though season like this will only make him a better captain.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:19 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
I still wanted ROR to have it but didnt whine when lando got it.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Foppa Frossa

Captaincy aside, I feel like he has regressed somewhat this year. Hopefully it is just a sophomore slump and not lingering effects of his concussion. Hopefully they all go to the Matt Duchene and Sidney Crosby Fantasy Camp this summer.

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
He will be a great captain but this was the wrong move right now. If the avs had waited before giving to one of the kids then it would've been more clearer as to who deserves it more and I think there's a certain #9 on this team that has become a leader and deserves recognition.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Is this the same Landeskog we saw last year? I don't think so. Something has changed. He's not the same as before. Maybe he's trying to be more finesse this season, but that's not what I want from Landeskog. I want him to play Viking-mode. That's when he's at his best.

Or maybe captaincy is just cursed? Whoever gets it starts to play like ****? Are we lacking leadership in this team or something? Joe Sakic was able to do it, but after that(Foote was fine as well)?

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
He will be a great captain but this was the wrong move right now. If the avs had waited before giving to one of the kids then it would've been more clearer as to who deserves it more and I think there's a certain #9 on this team that has become a leader and deserves recognition.
I totally agree. I haven't heard too much from Landeskog. He's the guy who should step up, but It has been Duchene. He's talking and playing, like captain should. Duchene certainly deserves "A" to his jersey.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:38 AM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Hard to say when you aren't in the lockerroom. Always hard to discuss captaincy question from a fans-perspective.

But IMO Landeskog is the leader of the younger Avs generation. He won't put up most points on this team but everyone has said from the moment he was born basically that this guy will be an NHL-captain. He is a leader. End of.
I agree with this. It's difficult to say if it was the right decision or not, when we don't know exactly what goes on in the lockerrom.

I can only hope that when the Avs made their decision they did it based on how Landeskog interacted with his teammates and how his teammates responded to him, rather than a PR stunt so we could have the youngest captain in NHL history.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:52 AM
GamingGiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
Good point.

This season Duchene has grown as a leader in both how he approaches the game and carries himself off the ice.

Definitely deserves an "A" next season.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

I think Lando is a fine choice. I totally agree with Robin that from our perspective its tough to say as we aren't in the locker room.

People laugh and act bewildered at McLeod wearing Stastny's "A" while he is out. It's times like this you have to listen to the guys around the team. Guys like Haynes, McNabb and even Keefe and Moser. If you listened to McNabb and Haynes last night they went on about how Cody is one of the most respected players in the locker room. Last year McNabb talked about how Stastny was a huge leader in the locker room, especially with the younger players. And I'll take what he says in matters like this over anybody here except for maybe TPS.

Besides, I'd rather have 3-4 guys that could be captain than just one. In the glory days any one of Forsberg, Foote, Lemieux, Lefebvre and even Roy could have had the "C" instead of Sakic.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post

Definitely deserves an "A" next season.
You know Sacco/Sherman will give the A's to McLeod and Zanon.

To Lando's captaincy, I am still confident it was the correct choice.
But he is still a work in progress both as a player and a captain. He gets to mature with the C, which hopefully will be more of a positive thing than a hindrance.

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:02 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
The captaincy seems to have turned him into a playmaker something he is not. The games have become like whose line is it anyways? Where the points don't matter. Would have been nice if he challenged Kronwall after wall hit McGinn. Something seems off with him even before the concussion he seemed to become this east west player not the usual crash the net guy from last season.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:32 PM
GeoffL19

vCash: 800
Before he got demolished by Stuart he was playing like the Lando of last year.

He's obviously playing more cautious and IMO got rushed back into the lineup and has been playing hurt, and he is understandably reluctant to get his noggin bashed in again. Concussions are a very scary thing.

GeoffL19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
The captaincy seems to have turned him into a playmaker something he is not. The games have become like whose line is it anyways? Where the points don't matter. Would have been nice if he challenged Kronwall after wall hit McGinn. Something seems off with him even before the concussion he seemed to become this east west player not the usual crash the net guy from last season.
After his great rookie season, maybe he just thought he doesn't have to play such a hard nosed hockey and is trying this more finesse style? I know, It sucks. We got Landy for his physical/two-way play.

Old
04-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

He had the biggest hit of the game last night, but for some reason Altitude didn't choose to show a replay. He's still hitting.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I don't understand the argument for Duchene to have the C. He's playing well now that he doesn't have so much pressure on him to carry the franchise. If anything, this season just reinforces to me that he shouldn't be in the limelight of having the C. It's better for him and the franchise.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote