Notices

Glencross

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 09:02 AM
mdonova33

vCash: 500
Glencross

Any interest in Curtis Glencross? He's on a Calgary team that will most likely be sellers at the deadline.

He has 12 goals on the year so far, more than everyone on the B's except for Marchand. Calgary would probably want prospects/picks in return, which benefits the Bruins (since giving up a roster player is far from ideal right now).

If we were to trade for him (assuming that no roster players are sent to Calgary) our lines would be:

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Peverley - Kelly/Spooner - Glencross
Thornton - Campbell - Paille

As of now, the following are most likely expendable for the B's:
2013 1st Round Draft Pick
2013 2nd Round Draft Pick
2013 3rd Round Draft Pick
Jordan Caron
Jared Knight
Seth Griffith
Max Sauve

What combination of the above would be enough to pry him from Calgary?

The only hurdle I can see to a possible deal would be that Glencross has a NMC, and he recently took a bit of a home town discount to stay with the Flames. I'm also not sure if the B's are willing to give up the right prospects for the trade.

Your thoughts?

Old
03-20-2013, 09:04 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonova33 View Post
Any interest in Curtis Glencross? He's on a Calgary team that will most likely be sellers at the deadline.

He has 12 goals on the year so far, more than everyone on the B's except for Marchand. Calgary would probably want prospects/picks in return, which benefits the Bruins (since giving up a roster player is far from ideal right now).

If we were to trade for him (assuming that no roster players are sent to Calgary) our lines would be:

Lucic - Krejci - Horton

Jordan Caron
Jared Knight
Seth Griffith
Max Sauve

The only hurdle I can see to a possible deal would be that Glencross has a NMC, and he recently took a bit of a home town discount to stay with the Flames. I'm also not sure if the B's are willing to give up the right prospects for the trade.

Your thoughts?
Interest?? For sure, but I believe Feaster is the King of Denial, his troops could still be 20pts outta the playoffs and he`d "believe"

Old
03-20-2013, 09:06 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Would take a pretty large overpayment to get him.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:08 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I think Glencross is a very good player maybe Calgary's best player- so sign me up for taking anyones best player- can we give them the guys we dont want here how do we fit him in next year with all the NMC and stuff like that

do we fire Chiarelli and have a poll to name one of us GM

I know I'd be a great GM even if I would have traded Marchand for Chris Drury (I dont think I had the first rounder in like others so I can be a tough negotiater)

Old
03-20-2013, 09:10 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I think Glencross is a very good player maybe Calgary's best player- so sign me up for taking anyones best player- can we give them the guys we dont want here how do we fit him in next year with all the NMC and stuff like that

do we fire Chiarelli and have a poll to name one of us GM

I know I'd be a great GM even if I would have traded Marchand for Chris Drury (I dont think I had the first rounder in like others so I can be a tough negotiater)
Which poster would make the best GM??

I`d give ya my vote DKH

Probably start with Kirk or Dom but.....

Last edited by smithformeragent: 03-20-2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: speak not of the *
Old
03-20-2013, 09:10 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21 View Post
Would take a pretty large overpayment to get him.
not if their GM reads this board and realizes we could come after him if he doens't give up him....Lucic sucks today maybe they do that- although if he has a game tomorrow like Saturday he goes back to being untouchable....lets not overreact and atleast give him another game to get it togehter

as for Glencross really like him but Calgary should be adding around him not subtracting

Old
03-20-2013, 09:12 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Interest?? For sure, but I believe Feaster is the King of Denial, his troops could still be 20pts outta the playoffs and he`d "believe"
King of denial. I am so thankful Bruins do not have the likes of that.Years of sinden was bad enough and he was better.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:15 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
We need a Dojji poll (by the way, where is Dojji?)

Which poster would make the best GM??

I`d give ya my vote DKH

Probably start with Kirk or Dom but.....
Dojji has gone on a trip to get canoli's

if I was hired to be GM and had to hire an assistant- it would be Kirk, and actually, I'd give Kirk the position and take some VP job....Kirk is patient, Kirk asks questions, Kirk doesnt go nuts like me- he'd be good, he really would...Dom I'd hire to watch the OHL and visit so we could get ribs and drink beer while he tells me about Bo Horvat and SK2 and the Subban brothers and cousins and what not.

there are a lot of good posters- I've watched practices with Bill Ladd who had 3 of his zillion kids running, hanging, jumping, swinging, you name it around him and the sob was able to focus on everything- you'd think he was a woman he can multi task so well

Old
03-20-2013, 09:25 AM
BBB24

Quote:

Lucic - Krejci - Horton

Jordan Caron
Jared Knight
Seth Griffith
Max Sauve

Your thoughts?

Doubt they can get him without a very large over payment. I woud bet that if Iglina is moved, Glencross is the next captain in Calgary. Be a great pick up though is the price was reasonable.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:27 AM
DoubleAAAA

Yes.

Yep.

Yupppppppppp.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:30 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

if I was hired to be GM and had to hire an assistant- it would be Kirk, and actually, I'd give Kirk the position and take some VP job....Kirk is patient, Kirk asks questions, Kirk doesnt go nuts like me- he'd be good, he really would...Dom I'd hire to watch the OHL and visit so we could get ribs and drink beer while he tells me about Bo Horvat and SK2 and the Subban brothers and cousins and what not.

there are a lot of good posters- I've watched practices with Bill Ladd who had 3 of his zillion kids running, hanging, jumping, swinging, you name it around him and the sob was able to focus on everything- you'd think he was a woman he can multi task so well
Too funny, never seen Bill, trying to picture what a zillion kids swinging off a human being would look like

Old
03-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:

Thats worth loling

Old
03-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
This team will need more than semi-gritty 3rd liners.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:39 AM
mdonova33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
I think Glencross would be a great addition. He may be semi-gritty, but he's got 12 goals this year, and 50 in the last two seasons (not counting this current season). As of now, we need goal scoring. It's very difficult to win games by only scoring a goal or two.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:44 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Glencross has pretty underrated skill. He's not an elite producer, but he'd fit in well on this team.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Schalkenullvier*

glencross is an Alberta boy and signed a bargain of a contract to get an NMC. He wants to stay home, and by all accounts wouldnt even waive at this point if it meant going from a Team likely headed to a rebuild to a contender.

Plus, glenX might be One of those gritty character guys you keep during a lockout to make sure it doesnt become a gongshow like the oilers.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:19 AM
mdonova33

Rumors for Glencross are heating up, Bruins could offer:

Conditional 1st (if the Bruins make the Stanley Cup Final)
Conditional 2nd (if the Bruins don't make the Stanley Cup Final)
Bartkowski
Caron

Old
04-02-2013, 09:23 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

vCash: 50
After the cluster**** with Iginla there is absolutely no way in hell I would do a deal with Jay Feaster for anyone, lest it get ****ed up. Again.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:23 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Rumors for Glencross are heating up, Bruins could offer:

Conditional 1st (if the Bruins make the Stanley Cup Final)
Conditional 2nd (if the Bruins don't make the Stanley Cup Final)
Bartkowski
Caron
I would do this. I like the codifional set up as well. Feaster might want a better prospect than Caron.

What about Koko with pick being a straight up 2nd?

Old
04-02-2013, 09:25 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Already discussion in the rumor thread. Let's use that.

Closed Thread