HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs @ Wings 5.30PM MDT || Officially a loss

Old
04-01-2013, 11:14 PM
AvsWraith

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRat View Post
if we got the same return we got when we were last "Lindros'd" I'd be fine with that
Don't think anyone will ever get that kind of return again. Maybe if Pittsburgh was forced to trade Crosby or Malkin.

AvsWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:27 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
SOB still has two.
I know that I'm in the minority, but I don't mind O'Brien on the team, as long as he's in the #5 or 6 role, he does that quite well, provides some toughness and seems like a good locker room guy.

The problem, which is the same as it is with Hunwick/Zanon/O'Byrne, is that they are put into a position which guarantees failure, which is they're relied on too much, then they get exposed.

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:29 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I know that I'm in the minority, but I don't mind O'Brien on the team, as long as he's in the #5 or 6 role, he does that quite well, provides some toughness and seems like a good locker room guy.

The problem, which is the same as it is with Hunwick/Zanon/O'Byrne, is that they are put into a position which guarantees failure, which is they're relied on too much, then they get exposed.
I agree. Often think SOB just gets lumped in with the others. Guilt by association type affair. Think it is starting to happen with Hejda with some on here as well.

04-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 133
In terms of defensemen who are absolutely killing us out there, ROB and Zanon top the list. SOB and Hunwick aren't doing well, but they're playing about as you'd expect from 3rd pairing defensemen. The thing with Hunwick is that today he was 4 seconds shy of having the most TOI of anyone this game. He played 3:37 more than EJ. Why? Why was Barrie (who was arguably our best d-man at the time) scratched and sent down over clowns like ROB and Zanon? Why was the Barrie-Hejda pairing broken up and never reunited despite being our best pairing all year? There really aren't logical answers to these questions.

Zih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:14 AM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zih View Post
...... There really aren't logical answers to these questions.
But there is a Saccological answer.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:22 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Someone should tell Sacco his only PMD has five points in thirty games playing twenty minutes a night.
Fixed.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
SOB still has two.
Why is SOB always benched? He's better than ROB or Zanon. THose guys truly suck.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:25 AM
dahrougem2

Anyone else think O'Brien is a given to be traded at the deadline? When Quincey was traded last season I was shocked O'Brien wasn't because they were good buddies, I can see Sacco benching O'Brien because he wants him gone and wants to show management that they don't need him

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:11 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Anyone else think O'Brien is a given to be traded at the deadline? When Quincey was traded last season I was shocked O'Brien wasn't because they were good buddies, I can see Sacco benching O'Brien because he wants him gone and wants to show management that they don't need him
He's got 2 more years. I doubt anyone wants him at this point. He's not getting icetime in the WORST defense in NHL, why would anyone need him? lol

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:08 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
Zanon has been much more invisible (in a good way) since being paired with Barrie. Who would have thought having a defender that can move the puck out of the defensive zone makes his inept partner look better?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:42 AM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Think it is the opposite. He is not being "showcased" at all. Of the big 4 (Zanon, O'Byrne, Hunwick, and O'Brien) I think SOB is the least likely to be moved unless he is the only one teams come asking for.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 7757
What was Hunwick's TOI last night? Who won the avatar challenge?

23:31?

Zih - 23:20-23:39

(damn, I just missed...Bubba Thudd - 23:00-23:19)

Last edited by Bubba Thudd: 04-02-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:19 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
Think it is the opposite. He is not being "showcased" at all. Of the big 4 (Zanon, O'Byrne, Hunwick, and O'Brien) I think SOB is the least likely to be moved unless he is the only one teams come asking for.
But a player doesn't need to be showcased right before deadline day for him to be dealt. Teams clearly know what O'Brien brings to the table and he's played his fair share of games this season for teams to know that he is better than the other 3 bums we have yet seems to be in Sacco's dog-house. And you know what happens once you're in Sacco's dog-house: Sherm the Worm finds you a new home

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote