HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

So how are Acadie-Bathhurst doing?

Old
02-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Reesor01

vCash: 500
Less than 1000 showed up last night in Bathurst. I want to see them succeed there, but it's not looking very good for the future.

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Catz

Wow lose to the sea dogs???? I didn't think it could get worse!!!!

Both goalies play again

Catz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:11 AM
chsb

There is a new board talking about the Titan and the Q:
http://www.titanfans.proboards.com/index.cgi

Welcome aboard!

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:20 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
There is a new board talking about the Titan and the Q:
http://www.titanfans.proboards.com/index.cgi

Welcome aboard!
no more comments....nothing about how the titan are doing?
what is their record since the coaching change?

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:47 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I suppose the end of the Titan is near..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:03 AM
ClemQ

ou est CHSB ?

curious to hear his take on recent Titan games....

Old
02-25-2013, 10:37 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
ou est CHSB ?

curious to hear his take on recent Titan games....
Why? They beat Cape Breton like expected then got steamrolled by Halifax, like expected ...

They're a seller dweller, why do we need to draw a reaction of out chsb still?

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Flyers12

Less then 1000 tickets sale on the two last game at home for the Titan.

And yesterday I watched the game on Telus, and it didn't have 200 peoples in the KC Irving Center.

What LGM wait to sold the club?

Flyers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:54 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers12 View Post
Less then 1000 tickets sale on the two last game at home for the Titan.

And yesterday I watched the game on Telus, and it didn't have 200 peoples in the KC Irving Center.

What LGM wait to sold the club?
This line is amusing as we know first hand at the rink how many fans are there or not....
There were way more than 200 and I base my estimates on what I see in every corner of the building.

I will never say though that it is satisfactory.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:16 PM
ClemQ

Hey CHSB...your back

so, it looks like the Titan will finish 14th, maybe up or down a spot...but somewhere in there.
They could surprise in the playoffs, but, is there a team in particular that you think the Titan would be better able to deal with and possibly surprise? Moncton, BC, BLB..??

Old
03-04-2013, 04:08 PM
RJQuack

Bathurst will almost assuredly play BLB in the 1st round ... That's not a match-up I'd want. BLB have a great defense and are 2nd in GA ... If they manage to move up and play Rimouski that's a bit better IMO, but I don't see any team from #13 on able to knock off a top 5 team in the league this year.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:24 PM
chsb

Quote:
Hey CHSB...your back

so, it looks like the Titan will finish 14th, maybe up or down a spot...but somewhere in there.
They could surprise in the playoffs, but, is there a team in particular that you think the Titan would be better able to deal with and possibly surprise? Moncton, BC, BLB..??
I thought we were in 14th spot for good but, after tonight, I don't know anymore.

What I can tell is that Rimouski would be a good team to face off against and a lot of fans however are hoping we face BLB.

The way the Titan are playing right now, they would need a goaltender to stop a few pucks and they would be very dangerous in the playoffs.

Which one of Brennan or MacDonald will take the job remains to see....

Old
03-07-2013, 05:32 AM
Reesor01

Quote:
I thought we were in 14th spot for good but, after tonight, I don't know anymore.

What I can tell is that Rimouski would be a good team to face off against and a lot of fans however are hoping we face BLB.

The way the Titan are playing right now, they would need a goaltender to stop a few pucks and they would be very dangerous in the playoffs.

All the teams clumped in that area of the standings will be tough. But I think if the Titan could choose they'd rather play Blainville-Boisbriand than Rimouski or Moncton. So it might be in your best interest to remain in 14th rather than climb a bit.

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 06:11 AM
ClemQ

Quote:

alot of teams are in the same boat (unsure about goaltending), it's cliche, but whoever get the better goaltending will probably go quite a ways in the playoffs.

Although, Clarke and Holowenko will not be anywhere near the net during the playoffs unless there is a collapse of epic scale!!!

Old
03-07-2013, 09:02 AM
chsb

Quote:
alot of teams are in the same boat (unsure about goaltending), it's cliche, but whoever get the better goaltending will probably go quite a ways in the playoffs.

Although, Clarke and Holowenko will not be anywhere near the net during the playoffs unless there is a collapse of epic scale!!!
This team reminds me a lot of the Victo team of 10-11 where they had a stockpile of offense, but shaky defense and inconsistent goaltending in Honzik.
Meanwhile the Titan had a stacked team aiming many rounds of playoffs.

What happened is that Honzik stood on his head, the Titan best players never delivered and we got beaten in the first round...

I had been warned about Victo's potential for an upset and that is exactly what happened.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:52 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

Ya remember at the beginning of the year when Brennan was soo much better than Dubeau ? Dubeau now sports a .899% and has been consistently solid while Brennan has an .896% and his play has sort of fell off. I think a top pairing dman at the deadline would have been huge for Bathurst. They needed someone to step in and solidify the backend. We all know they can score..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:58 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Ya remember at the beginning of the year when Brennan was soo much better than Dubeau ? Dubeau now sports a .899% and has been consistently solid while Brennan has an .896% and his play has sort of fell off. I think a top pairing dman at the deadline would have been huge for Bathurst. They needed someone to step in and solidify the backend. We all know they can score..
Always easy to say that in retrospect, but there was nobody really worthwhile available who was worth dumping assets for at the deadline.
The Titan could not make room in their OAs for a D and guys like Troy Vance were not worth what they were asking for and would not have really upgraded significantly the D.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:28 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Nobody ever claimed Brennan was "So much" better than Dubeau ... And if anything Brennan has tied that match-up, maybe slightly won ... They have identical SV%'s, and while Dubeau has a lower GAA, Brennan's D in front of him is much worse and faces a larger workload ... And Dubeau has been anything but consistent ... There have been many debates over what is and isn't his fault, but he's taken some warranted (and unwarranted) flak this season for his lack of consistency ... None that I see that puts him over Brennan.

Dubeau has all the tools, and so does the team ... We all know it's matter of putting it together at the right time, because when Moncton's on they're a good candidate to make it to the Finals.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:15 PM
jfb392

May as well put this here..: LGM says he's selling the team soon.

He says he's only talked to local options though.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:35 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

It's official !

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:02 AM
chsb

The financing is already 99% secured.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:58 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
The financing is already 99% secured.
Being from Moncton I should be able to read better french from the article.. So the financing is 99% secured to keep the team in Bathurst under new management or 99% secured to move it under new management?

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:21 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
Being from Moncton I should be able to read better french from the article.. So the financing is 99% secured to keep the team in Bathurst under new management or 99% secured to move it under new management?
There is NOBODY in Bathurst speaking about a relocation, but instead about a sale.

Obviously you are from Moncton to not know this.

Old
04-02-2013, 12:58 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
There is NOBODY in Bathurst speaking about a relocation, but instead about a sale.

Obviously you are from Moncton to not know this.
Yes I am from Moncton, and I am very glad to hear this. I would hate to see the Maritimes lose another team. Too few kids getting drafted from Atlantic region as it is.

Hopefully new ownership will breathe some new life into that program, but I am definately not a hater...

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:26 PM
TheQNews

Léo-Guy Morisette has come to an agreement with a group of local investors. This confirms the survival of the Acadie-Bathurst Titan. This will now have to go through the league for acceptance. Once accepted, I'll receive a press release from the league.

TheQNews is offline   Reply With Quote