HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Brazilian and a Cuban and a ...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 04:05 AM
  #1
apadilla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 669
vCash: 500
A Brazilian and a Cuban and a ...

wow guys, just an off the cuff remark, the kings now have players of brazilian (RR) and cuban (AMart) descent, now we just need one of mexican descent to round it off, let's try and pry matt nieto from the san jose sharks, that would be pretty cool, as long as we win anyway

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:55 AM
  #2
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
This thread has definitely potential.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:35 AM
  #3
Bandit
Registered User
 
Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,047
vCash: 500
A Brazilian, a Cuban, and a Slovenian walk into the finals...

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:39 AM
  #4
Nashville Transplant
Registered User
 
Nashville Transplant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nash/LA
Posts: 552
vCash: 500
the precedent was set decades ago, when the Kings acquired defenseman Rick Chartraw from the Montreal Canadiens in a 1980 trade. Chartraw played parts of three seasons with the Kings and was born in Caracas, Venezuela. (He wore #27 for the Kings, so Martinez is not the first player with a Latin bent to wear said number!)

OLE!

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:50 AM
  #5
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apadilla View Post
wow guys, just an off the cuff remark, the kings now have players of brazilian (RR) and cuban (AMart) descent, now we just need one of mexican descent to round it off, let's try and pry matt nieto from the san jose sharks, that would be pretty cool, as long as we win anyway
Quote:
A Brazilian, a Cuban, and a Slovenian walk into the finals...
All this subtles racism is killing me inside... Keep it up. This is about as entertaining as the numerous threads claiming that the Panthers would/had to draft Al Montaya back in the day. The reasoning being for the Cats to attempt to "win over the Cuban community in Miami..."

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:54 AM
  #6
Bandit
Registered User
 
Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
All this subtles racism is killing me inside... Keep it up. This is about as entertaining as the numerous threads claiming that the Panthers would/had to draft Al Montaya back in the day. The reasoning being for the Cats to attempt to "win over the Cuban community in Miami..."
Racism? Go take a nap...

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:00 PM
  #7
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 22,521
vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
All this subtles racism is killing me inside... Keep it up. This is about as entertaining as the numerous threads claiming that the Panthers would/had to draft Al Montaya back in the day. The reasoning being for the Cats to attempt to "win over the Cuban community in Miami..."
I think you are overreacting.


Look at the op's username "apadilla". This tells me his first name starts with a and his last name is Padilla. Padilla is a Spanish language surname.

I don't tolerate racism either, but you are making this something that it's not.


Last edited by Flour Child: 04-02-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:06 PM
  #8
Pucknut50
Registered User
 
Pucknut50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apadilla View Post
wow guys, just an off the cuff remark, the kings now have players of brazilian (RR) and cuban (AMart) descent, now we just need one of mexican descent to round it off, let's try and pry matt nieto from the san jose sharks, that would be pretty cool, as long as we win anyway
This is like one of those Yahoo articles were people post "Why did I read this?"

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:10 PM
  #9
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 11,191
vCash: 500
Regehr is Brazilian like Dany Heatley is German. But at least Heatley's mother is German.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:16 PM
  #10
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
I think you are overreacting.


Look at the op's username "apadilla". This tells me his first name starts with a and his last name is Padilla. Padilla is a Spanish language surname.

I don't tolerate racism either, but you are making this something that it's not.
Yeah... Probably should have ended that with a Just joking about it being racism.

Not offended in the least by this, like i said it's entertaining to me in a oh may where could this possibly go, sort of way.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:23 PM
  #11
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 22,521
vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Yeah... Probably should have ended that with a Just joking about it being racism.

Not offended in the least by this, like i said it's entertaining to me in a oh may where could this possibly go, sort of way.
Here's where it can go

A Brazilian and a Cuban walk in to a bar and the bartender said "What is this...... a joke?"

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.