HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 08:46 AM
  #1
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,696
vCash: 500
Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XX

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1374953

Langway is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:07 AM
  #2
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
One guy Caps should be targeting is Andrej Sekera from Buffalo. Would make a great 2nd pairing LD.

fedfed is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:19 AM
  #3
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke
 
QuadrupleDeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,482
vCash: 500
Jagr.

QuadrupleDeke is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:22 AM
  #4
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,202
vCash: 500
McPhee hates Jagr. He didn't want him here back in 2001 when Ted forced his hand.

Jagr then stole Ted's money and we had to PAY to get rid of him to the tune of $5 mil per year for a few years.

Jagr singlehandedly destroyed the lockerroom to the point where our Captain wanted out.

Anyone who thinks there is even the remotest possibility he will be a Cap is kidding themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
One guy Caps should be targeting is Andrej Sekera from Buffalo. Would make a great 2nd pairing LD.
The problem is that we have something like 10 dmen on the roster and all are now healthy or about to be.

Erskine has been a great 2nd pairing LD so not sure we need to spend assets there (if we spend any at all). LW is an area that needs to be looked at but with the play of MJ and Laich its less of a concern now than it was a few weeks ago.

I say the Caps do nothing unless they move a dman for futures to clear up the logjam a bit.

BobRouse is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 09:27 AM
  #5
msrulo
Registered User
 
msrulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 류경6
Country: North Korea
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post
Jagr.
Found this when I was checkin out the blog lol


msrulo is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 10:06 AM
  #6
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,199
vCash: 50
Per Dreger, Streit unlikely to sign with Isles.

ChibiPooky is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 10:09 AM
  #7
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Per Dreger, Streit unlikely to sign with Isles.
How long has it been since the Isles have been in the playoffs? They are so close this season, I just don't see them selling.

BiPolar Caps is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 10:17 AM
  #8
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
How long has it been since the Isles have been in the playoffs? They are so close this season, I just don't see them selling.
Yeah thats why I shake my head when the talking heads bring up his name.

Why on earth would the Isles trade him at this point??? Unless its to get another impact roster player back it would make no sense. If anything the Isles will be buyers.

BobRouse is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:00 AM
  #9
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,199
vCash: 50
Note that Dreger didn't say he'd be sold off at the deadline, only that he was unlikely to sign.

ChibiPooky is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:03 AM
  #10
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke
 
QuadrupleDeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,482
vCash: 500
Holy hell. Talks of Jagr fetching a 1st+prospect? Eff that... I was thinking more like a 2nd or a Perreault type player.

QuadrupleDeke is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:09 AM
  #11
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post
Holy hell. Talks of Jagr fetching a 1st+prospect? Eff that... I was thinking more like a 2nd or a Perreault type player.
I mean, he should fetch more than Iginla even regardless of Iginla's NTC situation, so...

brs03 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:15 AM
  #12
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,666
vCash: 500
No way the Caps will help that bum pay off more of his gambling debts. F Jagr.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:17 AM
  #13
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
I mean, he should fetch more than Iginla even regardless of Iginla's NTC situation, so...
Why exactly? Is it the 4 additional points that Jagr has? He's 41! If he brings back a 1st +, that team in on crack.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:20 AM
  #14
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,696
vCash: 500
I think Alex Tanguay is the best fit out there as far as forward help goes. He's got a very reasonable contract at $3.5M, he's a Cup winner and would add another dimension of hockey sense and playmaking ability at LW. The additional three seasons left may be a little dicey but he's a guy they should be able to trade down the line if needed so long as he stays healthy. They might need to dump some salary, though, either in the deal, another deal or in the summer.

Langway is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:27 AM
  #15
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Why exactly? Is it the 4 additional points that Jagr has? He's 41! If he brings back a 1st +, that team in on crack.
More goals, better season, better player despite his age. More playoff experience, if that matters. Plus a (marginally at least) better GM doing the trading.

brs03 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:27 AM
  #16
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
The problem is that we have something like 10 dmen on the roster and all are now healthy or about to be.

Erskine has been a great 2nd pairing LD so not sure we need to spend assets there (if we spend any at all). LW is an area that needs to be looked at but with the play of MJ and Laich its less of a concern now than it was a few weeks ago.

I say the Caps do nothing unless they move a dman for futures to clear up the logjam a bit.
See, that's the kind of logic McPhee employs that leaves us with our pants down any time a roleplayer regresses to the mean. It's why we go into every season with a Schultz or a Chimera or a Laich or an Erskine or a Johansson playing in a role 1-2 lines/pairings above their pay grade and then wonder why the team falls flat on its face. It's the exact opposite of what cup winner teams do, which is stack depth to the point where players are playing roles below their pay grade, not above (Ladd, Versteeg and Brouwer being 3rd/4th liners in Chicago is a good example)

Erskine WAS a decent 2nd pairing LD for a stretch. He is absolutely not a career 2nd pairing LD.

Halpysback is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:28 AM
  #17
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,199
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
I think Alex Tanguay is the best fit out there as far as forward help goes. He's got a very reasonable contract at $3.5M, he's a Cup winner and would add another dimension of hockey sense and playmaking ability at LW. The additional three seasons left may be a little dicey but he's a guy they should be able to trade down the line if needed so long as he stays healthy. They might need to dump some salary, though, either in the deal, another deal or in the summer.
Not if they don't see Ribeiro getting signed.

ChibiPooky is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:35 AM
  #18
amjay13
Registered User
 
amjay13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 500
blockbuster

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m Minor league trade. Phoenix trades (F) Joel Rechlicz to Washington in exchange for (F) Matthew Clackson.

amjay13 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:36 AM
  #19
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,199
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
blockbuster

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m Minor league trade. Phoenix trades (F) Joel Rechlicz to Washington in exchange for (F) Matthew Clackson.
w00t Recker is back! He even has a game or two with the Caps under his belt. edit: 3.

ChibiPooky is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:37 AM
  #20
fsnoles98
Registered User
 
fsnoles98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
blockbuster

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m Minor league trade. Phoenix trades (F) Joel Rechlicz to Washington in exchange for (F) Matthew Clackson.
Good move GMGM. That should help for the playoff run.

fsnoles98 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:38 AM
  #21
Ovechkins Wodka
Registered User
 
Ovechkins Wodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 4,252
vCash: 500
The cup is ours!

does this mean Fehr injury is worse then we think

Ovechkins Wodka is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:40 AM
  #22
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
blockbuster

darren dreger ‏@darrendreger 2m minor league trade. Phoenix trades (f) joel rechlicz to washington in exchange for (f) matthew clackson.
omg....Stanley Cup here we come!!!!

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:43 AM
  #23
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,199
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
omg....Calder Cup here we come!!!!
Fixed

And by "we" I still mean the Caps.

ChibiPooky is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:44 AM
  #24
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
See, that's the kind of logic McPhee employs that leaves us with our pants down any time a roleplayer regresses to the mean. It's why we go into every season with a Schultz or a Chimera or a Laich or an Erskine or a Johansson playing in a role 1-2 lines/pairings above their pay grade and then wonder why the team falls flat on its face. It's the exact opposite of what cup winner teams do, which is stack depth to the point where players are playing roles below their pay grade, not above (Ladd, Versteeg and Brouwer being 3rd/4th liners in Chicago is a good example)

Erskine WAS a decent 2nd pairing LD for a stretch. He is absolutely not a career 2nd pairing LD.
Sadly, it's even worse than this because they're all playing at their pay grades, just way above their talent/skill set.

californiacapsfan is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 11:45 AM
  #25
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,377
vCash: 50
I still remember Joel had a chance to play a puck in center ice once and just watched it hoping someone else would get it for him. They did. I had never seen a player avoid a puck before. I am glad he is back though, he is good for Hershey.

RandyHolt is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.