HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phoenix - Edmonton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 12:16 PM
  #1
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.
 
Gentle Jake Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,754
vCash: 50
Phoenix - Edmonton

I heard this trade on the morning sports show in Edmonton today, given that Phoenix's playoff hopes aren't too bright nowadays. The radio guys were split on who was giving up more.


LW Magnus Paajarvi
D Martin Marincin
EDM 2013 1st


D Keith Yandle

Gentle Jake Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:20 PM
  #2
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
I heard this trade on the morning sports show in Edmonton today, given that Phoenix's playoff hopes aren't too bright nowadays. The radio guys were split on who was giving up more.


LW Magnus Paajarvi
D Martin Marincin
EDM 2013 1st


D Keith Yandle
Maloney just gave an interview where he said he's not moving Yandle for picks and prospects.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:26 PM
  #3
jmoss45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: EDM
Posts: 852
vCash: 500
No from Edm. We need to keep some young forwards who can play, and who will demand less than 6 mil/year (i.e. Paajarvi and Harsky).

2013 1st is also almost untouchable IMO.

Most I'd do is N Schultz, Marincin and 2 2013 2nds.

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:31 PM
  #4
TheNuge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
HOLY OVERPAYMENT BATMAN!

In all honesty Yandle maybe gathers up a pick and 2 prospects..much like jbow and the pick would not be an edmonton first..

Dont say Paajarvi is a prospect or ill be forced to slap you...


Like said previously..

Nick Schultz a 2nd and a prospect pretty good

TheNuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:34 PM
  #5
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,263
vCash: 500
no thanks from edmonton.



yandles quality of competition has been 7th on PHX in each of the last 3 years.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:34 PM
  #6
sansabri
#blocktheboat
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saint-Hubert, QC
Country: Palestine
Posts: 10,448
vCash: 500
Yandle would get less than players like Murray and Regehr?

what the.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:34 PM
  #7
jmoss45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: EDM
Posts: 852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
HOLY OVERPAYMENT BATMAN!

In all honesty Yandle maybe gathers up a pick and 2 prospects..much like jbow and the pick would not be an edmonton first..

Dont say Paajarvi is a prospect or ill be forced to slap you...


Like said previously..

Nick Schultz a 2nd and a prospect pretty good
He's younger and better than Jbo. If he was moved, I bet the return is similar to J Staal's. Very good and affordable young roster player+1st and maybe more.

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:38 PM
  #8
MrBigglesworth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
No from Edm. We need to keep some young forwards who can play, and who will demand less than 6 mil/year (i.e. Paajarvi and Harsky).

2013 1st is also almost untouchable IMO.

Most I'd do is N Schultz, Marincin and 2 2013 2nds.
^ 2nd this.

MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:40 PM
  #9
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,399
vCash: 500
The first could very well be a lottery pick as EDM continues to suck at even strength. Tempting, but I think I'd still pass, just because Yandle can (and should) fetch more were he to be moved.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:43 PM
  #10
SephF
Visually Better
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
Yandle would get less than players like Murray and Regehr?

what the.
How is Paajarvi, Marincin and a 1st worth less then two 2nds?

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:47 PM
  #11
sansabri
#blocktheboat
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saint-Hubert, QC
Country: Palestine
Posts: 10,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
How is Paajarvi, Marincin and a 1st worth less then two 2nds?
i didn't quote him, but i was referring to the guy who said N. Schultz + 2nd + some lame prospect.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:25 PM
  #12
Pekka Rinne
Registered User
 
Pekka Rinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Red Deer
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
i didn't quote him, but i was referring to the guy who said N. Schultz + 2nd + some lame prospect.
N. Schultz + 2nd + a "lame" prospect still >> 2 2nds from a playoff team

I love the addition of lame you did too

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:28 PM
  #13
EA Sports GM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Vancouver/Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
Both teams say no easily. Doesn't address Phoenix's needs (on the ice, not the other ones), Edmonton values their own assets higher than other teams would.

EA Sports GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:38 PM
  #14
The Brewmeister
#Winning.
 
The Brewmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Hammer
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,310
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
HOLY OVERPAYMENT BATMAN!

In all honesty Yandle maybe gathers up a pick and 2 prospects..much like jbow and the pick would not be an edmonton first..

Dont say Paajarvi is a prospect or ill be forced to slap you...


Like said previously..

Nick Schultz a 2nd and a prospect pretty good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
N. Schultz + 2nd + a "lame" prospect still >> 2 2nds from a playoff team

I love the addition of lame you did too

Nick Schultz is worth a 3rd and the prospect would be worth probably a 5th.

With that said... it'd be just as bad.

The Brewmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:46 PM
  #15
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.
 
Gentle Jake Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,754
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Nick Schultz is worth a 3rd and the prospect would be worth probably a 5th.
If Douglas Murray, a pending UFA, is worth two 2nds, N.Schultz, who is not a pending UFA, is worth at least something similar.

Gentle Jake Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
  #16
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Make the 1st into a 2nd and I'd reluctantly take the deal. No way would I do a first and Pajaarvi and a very good defense prospect.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:50 PM
  #17
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
The first could very well be a lottery pick as EDM continues to suck at even strength. Tempting, but I think I'd still pass, just because Yandle can (and should) fetch more were he to be moved.
Haven't watched the Oilers in the last few weeks have you? They've been playing well at even strength.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:50 PM
  #18
sid49
#FreeGaza
 
sid49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
The first could very well be a lottery pick as EDM continues to suck at even strength. Tempting, but I think I'd still pass, just because Yandle can (and should) fetch more were he to be moved.
Your 13th in the west.. The coyotes may in fact be lottery team.

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:37 PM
  #19
The Brewmeister
#Winning.
 
The Brewmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Hammer
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,310
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
If Douglas Murray, a pending UFA, is worth two 2nds, N.Schultz, who is not a pending UFA, is worth at least something similar.
Just because one GM overpaid for a rental doesn't mean others will too.

The Brewmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:44 PM
  #20
Homesick
Registered User
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Just because one GM overpaid for a rental doesn't mean others will too.
Same could be said about Yandle as well. If he is moved it will be a return similar to what Bouwmeester got. At least Bouwmeester could play in all situations. You never want Yandle out there in a short handed situation. He's actually softer than Jaybo so I'm not sure if the Oilers have a need for him with J.Schultz of the same ilk

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:47 PM
  #21
sansabri
#blocktheboat
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saint-Hubert, QC
Country: Palestine
Posts: 10,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
N. Schultz + 2nd + a "lame" prospect still >> 2 2nds from a playoff team

I love the addition of lame you did too
this is for Keith Yandle. hello?

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:49 PM
  #22
oilers84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
The only player I would want from phx is samuelsson

oilers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:50 PM
  #23
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Same could be said about Yandle as well. If he is moved it will be a return similar to what Bouwmeester got. At least Bouwmeester could play in all situations. You never want Yandle out there in a short handed situation. He's actually softer than Jaybo so I'm not sure if the Oilers have a need for him with J.Schultz of the same ilk
I don't think Maloney is interested at all at a JoBo return for a player like Yandle. WIth all due respect to Flames fans but that package isn't something that Phoenix would seriously consider.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:50 PM
  #24
lebdafor norris
sleepy
 
lebdafor norris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
Wow has Keith Yandle regressed or something? This offers of Nick Schultz + secondary assets for him sounds like a low blow to me and stop using Calgary Flames trades as a model everyone in this board knows Feaster is a huge idiot.

lebdafor norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:59 PM
  #25
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Same could be said about Yandle as well. If he is moved it will be a return similar to what Bouwmeester got. At least Bouwmeester could play in all situations. You never want Yandle out there in a short handed situation. He's actually softer than Jaybo so I'm not sure if the Oilers have a need for him with J.Schultz of the same ilk
Yandle is better the Bouwmeester. He is younger and has a better contract as well. They are not comparable. BTW I am a Blues fan and I would take Yandle given the choice.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.