HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wpg-buf

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 08:10 AM
  #1
Zhamnov10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Wpg-buf

What would Buffalo need from winnipeg in a trade for Drew Stafford? Would Paul Postma a 2nd + 3rd be enough? I know that wouldn't be enough a couple years ago but I'm not sure where his value is at right now?

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:18 AM
  #2
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,826
vCash: 500
how has Klingberg been developing? not sure Postma is the kind of D-man they really need.

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:24 AM
  #3
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Any chance Stafford+ could get us Burmistrov?

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:29 AM
  #4
Zhamnov10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
how has Klingberg been developing? not sure Postma is the kind of D-man they really need.
He regressed this year but so did the whole team.he may be a future 3rd liner who can chip in some goals but he has to play with the right players.What are your teams main needs?

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:33 AM
  #5
Nuke
Registered User
 
Nuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Your 1st straight up.

Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:39 AM
  #6
Zhamnov10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Any chance Stafford+ could get us Burmistrov?
I think it depends on who you talk to some would say buffalo would have to add and others would say winnipeg would have to add.It would suck to lose Burmi but our team needs some scoring bad so I think it would be possible but not sure if you guys need him with all your young centres coming up.Maybe Burmi and a 1st for Stafford and Zemgus Girgensons just a thought not sure how Zemgus developed this year?

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:40 AM
  #7
Zhamnov10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Your 1st straight up.
I think the Jets would really have to consider it!

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:41 AM
  #8
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Any chance Stafford+ could get us Burmistrov?
This is what I was thinking. Stafford + mid pick for Burmi.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:49 AM
  #9
Zhamnov10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
This is what I was thinking. Stafford + mid pick for Burmi.
Again as much as I love Burmi I think the jets would do that trade.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:10 AM
  #10
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
Again as much as I love Burmi I think the jets would do that trade.
I think Buffalo would as well. Stafford is a clear candidate for a change of scenery, we have some extra picks to play around with, and we have a very obvious need for a center who can handle defensive minutes.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:14 AM
  #11
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 6,677
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
I think we have to see what happens with Pominville right now. We can't trade both of our top 6 RWs without replacement.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:18 AM
  #12
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I think we have to see what happens with Pominville right now. We can't trade both of our top 6 RWs without replacement.
IMO, Pomi should stay. Stafford needs the change as does the Sabres.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:24 AM
  #13
Zhamnov10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I think we have to see what happens with Pominville right now. We can't trade both of our top 6 RWs without replacement.
I think you are right with. Pominville rumours swirling can't see them trading both.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:35 AM
  #14
Nuke
Registered User
 
Nuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I think we have to see what happens with Pominville right now. We can't trade both of our top 6 RWs without replacement.
Yes we can.

Tank and rebuild, rebuild, rebuild!!!

Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:20 AM
  #15
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14
 
CraniumCram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse/Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Would be more than willing to do Stafford + 2nd for Burmi, but Stafford + Girgs for Burmi + 1st is also very tempting. It might just be me, but I could see WPG being on Pom's list of 8, no offense of course, just a feeling.

I don't believe that this team needs to trade Pominville. He is a great player and it would really suck to lose him.

Stafford on the other hand, is an arrogant ***** and I don't want him in that locker room anymore. He is whats wrong with this team; players that value their own point totals and glory more than winning, and honestly, Stafford may be the only one that this really applies to. The Sabres are not that far from being a contending team, but the first step is to shed dead weight (Stafford) and bring in youth that wants to compete.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:52 AM
  #16
Zhamnov10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Would be more than willing to do Stafford + 2nd for Burmi, but Stafford + Girgs for Burmi + 1st is also very tempting. It might just be me, but I could see WPG being on Pom's list of 8, no offense of course, just a feeling.

I don't believe that this team needs to trade Pominville. He is a great player and it would really suck to lose him.

Stafford on the other hand, is an arrogant ***** and I don't want him in that locker room anymore. He is whats wrong with this team; players that value their own point totals and glory more than winning, and honestly, Stafford may be the only one that this really applies to. The Sabres are not that far from being a contending team, but the first step is to shed dead weight (Stafford) and bring in youth that wants to compete.
Ya I'm pretty sure winnipeg is on Pominville's list that's why I'm more interested in Stafford ,is his attitude really that bad,that may be enough for Chevy to steer clear we need quality character guys in winnipeg In order for this team to be successful,there is just to many outside factors to complain about when it comes the winnipeg as a whole,The team has to be a players priority if he is to excel here.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:56 AM
  #17
Shoey
Hello.
 
Shoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Yes we can.

Tank and rebuild, rebuild, rebuild!!!
QFT.

everyone seems concerned with the team being good next year, I'm not.

Load up on picks and prospects and let's see where this team is at in a couple years. Get an elite player at the draft and build around him.

the old core wasn't working, it's time for a better one.

Shoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:56 AM
  #18
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14
 
CraniumCram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse/Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
Ya I'm pretty sure winnipeg is on Pominville's list that's why I'm more interested in Stafford ,is his attitude really that bad,that may be enough for Chevy to steer clear we need quality character guys in winnipeg In order for this team to be successful,there is just to many outside factors to complain about when it comes the winnipeg as a whole,The team has to be a players priority if he is to excel here.
He can be a hard worker, but from some personal experiences between me and some others, he's a top-flight ass, and he's all about #1: Drew Stafford. Only God knows why he's wearing an A on the Sabres.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:57 AM
  #19
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,345
vCash: 50
All your RW are belong to us!

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:58 AM
  #20
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
I think you are right with. Pominville rumours swirling can't see them trading both.
If both are traded a winger coming back would be a priority

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:02 AM
  #21
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
Ya I'm pretty sure winnipeg is on Pominville's list that's why I'm more interested in Stafford ,is his attitude really that bad,that may be enough for Chevy to steer clear we need quality character guys in winnipeg In order for this team to be successful,there is just to many outside factors to complain about when it comes the winnipeg as a whole,The team has to be a players priority if he is to excel here.
There's no actual evidence of it, as far as I know. I think he's the only regular that's been benched or demoted this year that hasn't *****ed about it to the media. I think that perception is just Buffalo fans 1) sick of seeing him with an 'A' on his chest and 2) believing every player on the team is a "mental midget".

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:46 AM
  #22
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,324
vCash: 50
Don't think the Jets sell low on Burmi, especially not for Stafford. Sure Stafford has 6 more points, but he also has 20 more minutes played at even strength than Burmi. Also has 36 more minutes spent on the PP. If Burmi was given those types of offensive minutes how many more points would he have?

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:47 AM
  #23
broc
Registered User
 
broc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 844
vCash: 500
Sorry, not interested in trading a 1st or Burmistrov for Stafford.
A 2nd maybe. Staffs had an awful year and isn't worth his cap hit.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:52 AM
  #24
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Don't think the Jets sell low on Burmi, especially not for Stafford. Sure Stafford has 6 more points, but he also has 20 more minutes played at even strength than Burmi. Also has 36 more minutes spent on the PP. If Burmi was given those types of offensive minutes how many more points would he have?
Buffalo would be selling low on Stafford as well (and I think we'd also be adding a bit because of contract status). Stafford has proven he can be a 20-30 goal scorer. Burmistrov may or may not break out offensively at some point in the future. Both teams would be filling a need though: defensive C to BUF, scoring RW to WPG.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:11 PM
  #25
broc
Registered User
 
broc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 844
vCash: 500
Stafford just ain't worth givin up on a 20 year old 7th overall pick.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.