HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The emotional responses from the fans

Old
04-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Workensons
doginthebathtub

vCash: 500
I'm super excited. The anticipation is killing me. I think Darcy's got several rabbits he's waiting to pull out of his hat. I don't think anyone has had an accurate guess as to what he'll do with Pominville, and that's including myself.

I think he's going to wow us.

Workensons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:52 PM
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
I'm super excited. The anticipation is killing me. I think Darcy's got several rabbits he's waiting to pull out of his hat. I don't think anyone has had an accurate guess as to what he'll do with Pominville, and that's including myself.

i hope you are right. I would like something interesting and amazing to come out of this. I think we'll see more in the during the draft or in the offseason than we will at this deadline.

1point21Gigawatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:17 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
Sounds like there are basically 3 or 4 generations of fans on this site.

Original Series/Old timers - 1970 until Perrault's retirementThe Next Generation - Lafontaine/Mogilny/Hawerchuk
The Empire Strikes Back - Peca/Hasek/No goal
Clone Wars -Post strike - 2004 till today - Rochester Core/Co Capts/Miller time.

Frankly, it's hard to get excited or wax memories about rushes to 7th and 8th places that have epitomized this current group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoalie View Post
Bingo.
Growing up with the 1st Cup run and very competitive teams of the late-70s, and then the inter-division rivalries of the early '80s, it is at times disappointing to not see the passion both on the ice and in the stands, of those era's contests. Sabres games vs. PHI, BOS, MTL, and later also NYI & QUE were truly battles between talented teams. As a fan, you expected BUF to routinely beat the also-rans in the NHL. Alas, Free Agency was different then, and it was easier to keep rosters together. Paychecks were more pedestrian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
As depressing as this season has been, I find myself becoming even more disconsolate with the looming rebuild mode that appears about to happen - it will not only postpone any serious chances for contention for another 4-5 years but will likely see Regier remain in charge during that time. After 33 years of following this team, the "wait til next year" anthem is only increasing my apathy - and it very much seems like the Sabres management intends to write this year off as a mulligan and buy more time with the youth campaign that will be their next crutch to lean on when they struggle next season. While I'm holding out hope on Grigorenko, I haven't seen anything from Ennis or Hodgson to make me think they'll key some resurgence in the future - and anticipate that they'll probably be no more influential as leaders in future successes than the Rochester core was.

Like many, I'll be glad if Stafford, Pominville and some others go but I really need the Sabres to try to recoup some proven talent in the deals instead of trying to assemble a cache of draft picks and prospects that are 3-4 years away from making impacts, if any.
On the bright side, 'tip, imagine if this season was a full lockout. We'd be that further away from taking the current steps. And I'm optimistic the time window you cite above can be pulled in a couple years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post

We have a day to find out...

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote