HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PJ Stock Rumor: Malkin to Habs

Old
08-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Pat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
lol.. this is by far the dumbest rumor ive heard.... lets include kovalev, huet, samsonov and higgins in the deal too, hell while were at it lets give plekanec too.

He hasnt even played a game yet in the NHL.
no no no, let' just add Bonk and we'd get Crosby in return

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 07:28 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by likea View Post
no, they are not at 24 million. The Penguins signed Recchi after this was put together by a poster at Lets go Pens.

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/ph...ghlight=#45793

Total pre-season cap number NOT INCLUDING Malkin (total of 1-5) = $24,376,810.07 which doesn't counts Recchis 3 million and it didn't include the more than 10% for the RFA's.

so the Penguins are around 28 million dollars for the cap with out Malkin.
You mean Rechhi's 2.3 million?

According to TSN they are at 24.5 with 22 players signed.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10030&hubname=

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 07:33 PM
likea

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
You mean Rechhi's 2.3 million?

According to TSN they are at 24.5 with 22 players signed.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10030&hubname=
of course you didn't read that post. TSN lists what they will pay out, not what their cap number is. There is a huge difference. Crosbys cap number is close to 4 million yet TSN list it as 850,000. Both Gonchar and LeClairs cap number is higher than what the Penguins will pay out this season.

read the link and you'll understand.

likea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Just a question..Does anyone actually think this will happen? Honestly.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Habsy

Pittsburgh is at $29.746 mil for their cap hit.

http://members.shaw.ca/cdelosreyes/pit.html

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 07:42 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Just a question..Does anyone actually think this will happen? Honestly.
Yes of course with all my heart!!! Do I win the Oscar?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Duff88

Quote:
lol.. this is by far the dumbest rumor ive heard.... lets include kovalev, huet, samsonov and higgins in the deal too, hell while were at it lets give plekanec too.

Yeah, that's a dumb rumour.

Wait... you think WE are getting screwed?

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 07:45 PM
likea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
Pittsburgh is at $29.746 mil for their cap hit.

http://members.shaw.ca/cdelosreyes/pit.html
thank you. I didn't feel like doing the math but I knew the Penguins were around 28-30 million without Malkin.

may I post that link on the Penguins boards I visit?

likea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 07:57 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by likea View Post
of course you didn't read that post. TSN lists what they will pay out, not what their cap number is. There is a huge difference. Crosbys cap number is close to 4 million yet TSN list it as 850,000. Both Gonchar and LeClairs cap number is higher than what the Penguins will pay out this season.

read the link and you'll understand.
Seems you're right

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Dom

Has any Bob Gainey trade since he's with Montreal been leaked before it happened?

Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Duff88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
Has any Bob Gainey trade since he's with Montreal been leaked before it happened?
No, the closest was the Mike Johnson trade where someone who knew someone who knew someone [...] who knew Mike Johnson announced it around 3 hours before it was officially announced.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:

Are you kidding me...are you trying to say you wouldn't give Ryder Sourray Abeisher Ribeiro and a 1st for Malkin?

I would do this is a second....

(Malkin becomes that number one centre Montreal has been dying for for years)

Montreal will never land Malkin anyway but if this was offered and accepted by Pitttsburgh I would be the happiest habs fan ever!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 08:47 PM
The_Eck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Are you kidding me...are you trying to say you wouldn't give Ryder Sourray Abeisher Ribeiro and a 1st for Malkin?

Montreal will never land Malkin anyway but if this was offered and accepted by Pitttsburgh I would be the happiest habs fan ever!
And I would be the most pissed off pens fan ever.

The_Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:

I know Malkin is good, Ive seen videos and I wont say he's not good cuz then ill just look like an idiot. BUT, he has yet to proove himself in the NHL. I know he will do so but to give up 4 guys and a draft pick for someone who has 0 GP in the NHL, is absolutly insane.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Eck View Post
And I would be the most pissed off pens fan ever.
If I was a Pens fan and if this trade was done.. and next thing you know is Malkin made Souray look like a cone while Ryder and Ribs were floating around.. and.. oh I would be so pissed... oh I can't imagine... so much pain and rage...

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
I know Malkin is good, Ive seen videos and I wont say he's not good cuz then ill just look like an idiot. BUT, he has yet to proove himself in the NHL. I know he will do so but to give up 4 guys and a draft pick for someone who has 0 GP in the NHL, is absolutly insane.

Good enough to be the best player (with Ovy) at the Olympics against NHLers.. good enough for the NHL.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 09:09 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I suggest you read thru the thread before drawing any conclusions.
Conclusive proof will be found by reading thru the thread. Great evidence here. I cant wait until tomorrow when Malkin and Dumont are Habs and Komi an Islander.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Conclusive proof will be found by reading thru the thread. Great evidence here. I cant wait until tomorrow when Malkin and Dumont are Habs and Komi an Islander.
Yeah, everyone shut the **** up unless it's written about in Le Journal or La Presse or The Gazette. Otherwise, don't talk about anything; it upsets the tender sensibilities of our most valued members here.

Often, when guys at work ask me if I've heard the latest trade rumours, I grab my laptop and slam it into their face, so they don't make me angry about Eklund.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 09:17 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
Yeah, everyone shut the **** up unless it's written about in Le Journal or La Presse or The Gazette. Otherwise, don't talk about anything; it upsets the tender sensibilities of our most valued members here.

Often, when guys at work ask me if I've heard the latest trade rumours, I grab my laptop and slam it into their face, so they don't make me angry about Eklund.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 09:22 PM
kariya24

This rumour is insane! but even though everyone thinks it would be more good for the habs I dont really know who's the winner in this deal, the guy hasent even played a game yet in the NHL. And hasnt he dissapeared anyways.... RIS said that the other day

kariya24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
As much as I would love to see both Dumont and especially Malkin in Montreal we all know it will never happen. I'm a huge Montreal fan and have been since the mid 70's. Don't ask how old I am

Every hab fan on this board has to know that what is rumoured as a potential deal for Malkin is not enough. Let's break this down

Abeisher - A very solid goalie with number one potential but really hasn't stole the show. Pittsburgh has high hopes for Fleury but on the same token Abeisher would provide a safety net if Fleury were to fall flat on his face. Abeisher is still fairly young and does come with a huge price tag.

Ribeiro - A decent / passable centre, a good playmaker with a accurate shot who's bigeest weakness is his skating. He has crazy hands but sometimes lacks emotion. In the right environement could be a Marc Savard clone.

Sourray - Fantastic offensive D-Man who somtimes overcommits and gets burned but what D-Man doesn't from time to time. A solid stand up guy who will go to war. A big upgrade to the Pens D.

Ryder - A 30g man potentialy 40 to 50 if being centred by ??? Crosby...The guy knows what to do with the puck around the net. A solid player t any team. But what player wouldn't net 30 or 40 playing with Crosby.

Finaly the infamous 1st rounder - Unless Montreal drops into the bottom 3 of the league that pick is a crap shoot. Just ask the Montreal scouts of the 15 years.

All this to say that even is this trade fills some emmediate needs for the Pens, I think they could do better.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 09:31 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Could we lock this thread, were being laughed at by every team.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 09:33 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
As much as I would love to see both Dumont and especially Malkin in Montreal we all know it will never happen. I'm a huge Montreal fan and have been since the mid 70's. Don't ask how old I am

Every hab fan on this board has to know that what is rumoured as a potential deal for Malkin is not enough. Let's break this down

Abeisher - A very solid goalie with number one potential but really hasn't stole the show. Pittsburgh has high hopes for Fleury but on the same token Abeisher would provide a safety net if Fleury were to fall flat on his face. Abeisher is still fairly young and does come with a huge price tag.

Ribeiro - A decent / passable centre, a good playmaker with a accurate shot who's bigeest weakness is his skating. He has crazy hands but sometimes lacks emotion. In the right environement could be a Marc Savard clone.

Sourray - Fantastic offensive D-Man who somtimes overcommits and gets burned but what D-Man doesn't from time to time. A solid stand up guy who will go to war. A big upgrade to the Pens D.

Ryder - A 30g man potentialy 40 to 50 if being centred by ??? Crosby...The guy knows what to do with the puck around the net. A solid player t any team. But what player wouldn't net 30 or 40 playing with Crosby.

Finaly the infamous 1st rounder - Unless Montreal drops into the bottom 3 of the league that pick is a crap shoot. Just ask the Montreal scouts of the 15 years.

All this to say that even is this trade fills some emmediate needs for the Pens, I think they could do better.
How old are you?

are you really born in '73?

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs911 View Post
Could we lock this thread, were being laughed at by every team.
It's the internet. People are talking about a rumour that was heard on the radio and seen on a website. No one is laughing, other than people who have nothing better to do. Do not panic. Do not take the internet too seriously. We are not losing face. We do not have to perform a driveby tonight on the Thrashers board to regain our rep. Relax, and exit the thread if you do not care for it, and let us dummies talk about it in the middle of this hockey-depleted August.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 09:50 PM
RE-HABS

I haven't read through this whole post, but this dude on the dreaded "Eklund" site has said he has heard about this rumor from a credible source....and he is insisting it is not PJ Stock.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2621

Take it for whats worth, 100% worthless.

The Pens would take on 8.5 million in salary, a potential UFA in Souray next season, two players under 1 year deals in Ribs and Ryder and a goalie that is making almost $2 million to share duties with Fleury (the only thing that makes sense to me here is Abby + Ryder to play with Crosby). They would have to eat 1.5 million in Thibault's salary too? The frugale Pens aren't going to be doing such drastic changes, especially when the main draw in selling this team is that it comes with Crosby and Malkin.

In all the Pens lose a potential franchise player in Malkin and have $8.5 million added and have to eat another 1.5 million making a 10 million dent in their cap?

If Gainey can do it I say go for it, but this is plain BS through and through.

As much as I love Ryder and would hate to lose him, we would be saving tonnes of cash because of the rookie contract Malkin would have to sign (and have him for the next 7 years) plus we would lose the worry of resigning UFA Souray and having to renegotiate with Ribs and Ryder once again and dumping Abby's salary as aback-up. With cash saved BG could get Dumont and Carter to go with Malkin!

Last edited by RE-HABS: 08-16-2006 at 10:00 PM.
RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote