HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To anyone starts rumour concerning...

Old
08-16-2006, 10:43 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
Did you say dancing banana

It has begun...

Old
08-16-2006, 10:54 PM
znk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
So you think it's a waste of time to talk about this rumour (Malkin) or my post?
I think the Malkin thread is less a waste of time.
At least in the Malkin thread we can
- discuss and evaluate our players.
- give reasons why this trade sounds ridiculous in serious and inteligent way(not everyone does but I think its possible).
- have fun speculating what our lineup would look like after such a trade (even if we know it wont happen).
- try to find what ever small reasons why it would make sense.
- discuss what kind of package would be a more likely possibility.
- etc..

I think all of this a good exercise and for my part I prefer doing it that way then going. "HAHAHAH stupid rumour"

But that's just me.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 05:00 AM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I think the Malkin thread is less a waste of time.
At least in the Malkin thread we can
- discuss and evaluate our players.
- give reasons why this trade sounds ridiculous in serious and inteligent way(not everyone does but I think its possible).
- have fun speculating what our lineup would look like after such a trade (even if we know it wont happen).
- try to find what ever small reasons why it would make sense.
- discuss what kind of package would be a more likely possibility.
- etc..

I think all of this a good exercise and for my part I prefer doing it that way then going. "HAHAHAH stupid rumour"

But that's just me.
I understand all what you said. But do you really belive those kind of rumours? I know it's fun to speculating and HFboards it's for the fan and people whom like hockey, but you know, here it's different. We heard all summer rumour like: Lecavalier, Elias, Shanahan, Dumont, etc...It's ok to heard them because we all know if those kind of player are available we will be in the portrait. Gainey isn't stupid. He will do everything he can to upgrade this team. But, in this era, it's sure no one will make these kind of deal (Ryder, Souray, Aebischer, etc. for whatever player) because it's a economic issue. I'm not here to tell to everybody to shut it down. I'm just saying don't waste your time on the Malkin rumour because the source isn't good. Tell me only one time when you heard it a rumour before a Gainey's move? Example? Kovalev? Nothing. Thedore? Maybe but nobody was thinking about 'cos he was injured. Zednik? Johnson? Samsonov? Dandenault? Bégin? Well you see. Nothing happened with a fanfare or a rumour mill...

Marc-E- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 10:30 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
I understand all what you said. But do you really belive those kind of rumours? I know it's fun to speculating and HFboards it's for the fan and people whom like hockey, but you know, here it's different. We heard all summer rumour like: Lecavalier, Elias, Shanahan, Dumont, etc...It's ok to heard them because we all know if those kind of player are available we will be in the portrait. Gainey isn't stupid. He will do everything he can to upgrade this team. But, in this era, it's sure no one will make these kind of deal (Ryder, Souray, Aebischer, etc. for whatever player) because it's a economic issue. I'm not here to tell to everybody to shut it down. I'm just saying don't waste your time on the Malkin rumour because the source isn't good. Tell me only one time when you heard it a rumour before a Gainey's move? Example? Kovalev? Nothing. Thedore? Maybe but nobody was thinking about 'cos he was injured. Zednik? Johnson? Samsonov? Dandenault? Bégin? Well you see. Nothing happened with a fanfare or a rumour mill...
No I dont believe in this rumour and I dont think anyone takes it seriously even if most of us wish it was real no doubt! But that changes nothing I am still discussing all the points I said in my previous posts. Also the Elias, Shanahan, Arnott rumours were pretty much confirmed by Gainey him self before signing Samsonov.

Dismissing every rumour because we dont agree with them is not the way to go for me. It's not always black or white sometimes a rumour we see might be part of a bigger picture or might have names wrong and missing names. Sometimes it might be totaly misleading and be speculation in disguise. Sometimes they are dead on. And sometimes they are a combination of all of these.

But it's my opinion that with every one of those it's possible to have a sensible discussion about them.
When a rumour makes no sense why not try to make some sense out of it? Take it apart rebuild it etc...

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Marc-E-

[When a rumour makes no sense why not try to make some sense out of it? Take it apart rebuild it etc...[/QUOTE]

You're right. Even though it still speculating in the left field IMO, but it's fun to bring possibles and differents scenarios.

Marc-E- is online now   Reply With Quote