HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PJ Stock Rumor: Malkin to Habs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-16-2006, 10:53 PM
  #326
Habsy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by likea View Post
thank you. I didn't feel like doing the math but I knew the Penguins were around 28-30 million without Malkin.

may I post that link on the Penguins boards I visit?
Knock yourself out, not my site.


Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 10:55 PM
  #327
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Ryder, Ribeiro, Souray, Aebischer and a first-round pick for Malkin ?

forget it , the Leafs are willing to give Tucker for him !

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 10:56 PM
  #328
Habsy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
Let's look at this realisticly. There is no way Pittsburgh trades Malkin.

They will hold onto him because they know Crosby is a Hab in 6 more years.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 10:57 PM
  #329
BOB the Builder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Drunk+Golf Cart=w00t
Country: Canada
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post

Often, when guys at work ask me if I've heard the latest trade rumours, I grab my laptop and slam it into their face, so they don't make me angry about Eklund.
I work with this guy..and I have his IBM thinkpad logo printed on my forehead

I hate him

Damn you Montrealer and your ugly car

BOB the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 11:00 PM
  #330
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I know Malkin is good, Ive seen videos and I wont say he's not good cuz then ill just look like an idiot. BUT, he has yet to proove himself in the NHL. I know he will do so but to give up 4 guys and a draft pick for someone who has 0 GP in the NHL, is absolutly insane.
humm so you wouldnt have done it for Ovechkin and Crosby?
Are you sure man....

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 11:00 PM
  #331
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 34,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
They can work together to trick the refs
Hahaha.... i'm glad no one took my statements too seriously... all in good fun

Porn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 11:01 PM
  #332
The_Eck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
This rumor was perpetrated by a bamboon named PJ Stock who had no sports anecdotes for his radio show, so he decided to perhaps stir up montrealers by bringing up this ridiculous topic. A very poor radio host PJ is.

The_Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 11:02 PM
  #333
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs911 View Post
Could we lock this thread, were being laughed at by every team.
well...I think this thread is showing we are sane and dont think this rumour is true. I dont think it would be a good idea to close it. It can be used in our defense.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 11:04 PM
  #334
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Eck View Post
This rumor was perpetrated by a bamboon named PJ Stock who had no sports anecdotes for his radio show, so he decided to perhaps stir up montrealers by bringing up this ridiculous topic. A very poor radio host PJ is.
I agree, I find it quite funny no one knows where he is but all of a sudden he is going to be traded to Montreal and no credible source like McKenzie is saying anything!

Sure we smuggled Petr Svboda out of Europe....but Malkin? Sorry PJ.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 11:05 PM
  #335
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Conclusive proof will be found by reading thru the thread. Great evidence here. I cant wait until tomorrow when Malkin and Dumont are Habs and Komi an Islander.
What's your problem man? I just told the guy not to conclude that anyone thought this rumour was serious.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 11:07 PM
  #336
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB the Builder View Post
I work with this guy..and I have his IBM thinkpad logo printed on my forehead

I hate him

Damn you Montrealer and your ugly car
Tomorrow I'll smack you in the back of the head so there won't be any visible scars for HR to see.

Damn HR and their "rules"!

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 07:34 AM
  #337
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Eck View Post
This rumor was perpetrated by a bamboon named PJ Stock who had no sports anecdotes for his radio show, so he decided to perhaps stir up montrealers by bringing up this ridiculous topic. A very poor radio host PJ is.
I read your thread where you state that even though I don't listen, I don't like his show. Then it's, well I listened once and I didn't like it. Then, ahh who cares.

Stock is anything but a polished radio host. I was surprised that he he got a show on his own. More often than not, when Melnick wants to break a guy in, he'll be th extra guy on the show, btw, that's just my observation, not written in stone.

He was given his 'sink or swim' show for a few reasons. He's a likeable guy, he adds a perspective the station didn't have, ex-player. He attracts guests that help the station. He has had some painful growing pains. He did an interview with Koivu that could have been great radio, as Koivu had things he wanted to say, that could have affected Koivu's public perception, but Stock had his own opinions and dominated the conversation. He's since been sent on courses to learn the basics. The reality of $ on radio has guys like him learning on the job.

He should steer clear of some topics because he doesn't understand them fully enough to present them on radio. He doesn't get that stuff you say in a locker room environment aren't always good radio.

He still has his show though. The station's been showing remarkable growth in a tough market for anglo radio. People like the guy, and while he isn't my favorite, he's getting better. I find his take on things ill informed and often simple, but leave him at it and he'll improve.

I love how he's an idiot because he floated a silly rumour he was told. Geez,Eck, you seem to anger easily.


Further if hf fans of other teams think less of Hab fans because we discuss something we heard on the radio, who in bloody hell cares ? I'm very comfortable in my ability to discuss hockey with fans of our team and others, if some posters feel differently, I'm going to sleeep ok.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 09:31 AM
  #338
Bluenose
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
People keep knocking this trade like it's totally insane but the reality is, value wise it's probably pretty close. Pittsburg becomes a much better team immediately and the salary increase is more like 3 mill not 8+.

The reason being Malkin is not yet signed and his cap hit will be similar to Crosby's @ $3.7 mill and in most versions I've seen reported T-Bo's $1.5 mill is coming back to Montreal. The fact is Pittsburg would be a much better team this year if they make this trade.

Don't get me wrong I don't see this trade happening but it's reaaly not as insane as some might think.

Take a look at Pittsburg's line up with and without this trade and you may start to see why it would make sense from their side.

Bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 10:23 AM
  #339
habsfan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_pucker View Post
Yes , another BS Rumor. If you don't like trade rumors, don't read this.

P.J. Stock is talking about a rumor that was brought to his attention by an undisclosed source of his.
The rumor has Malkin coming to the habs for Ryder, Ribeiro, Souray, Aebisher and a 1st round pick.
change malkin to crosby and the pens have themselves a deal .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 10:59 AM
  #340
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,119
vCash: 500
PJ is talking about the rumour again.
he basicaly said rumours dont start because a GM decides to tell someone what he does.. He said rumours come out because...maybe a player or an agent or someone thinks it will help him to get something out.
He said it's just a rumour it might happen, it might now happen but his source is really good and he wont reveal it because he dosent want to lose it.

So I guess he stands by it.

Still makes no sense.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 11:27 AM
  #341
THEREW
Registered User
 
THEREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: MONTREAL
Country: Canada
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Still no development at all though

THEREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 11:31 AM
  #342
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 11,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEREW View Post
Still no development at all though
Don't hold your breath

There won't be any

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 11:37 AM
  #343
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB the Builder View Post
I work with this guy..and I have his IBM thinkpad logo printed on my forehead

I hate him

Damn you Montrealer and your ugly car
What happened to your avatar Bob?.. it was my favorite.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 11:38 AM
  #344
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Kevin Gibson Blog update:

Gibson's Blog, Rink Date 08-17-06

Today @ 9:27 AM ET | Comments (50)


Another day in hockey paradise. I loved the comments and the e-mails I got about the trade rumour. A lot of bitter and angry Penguins fans. Lighten up!! This is a rumours site, I posted a rumour I got from a player. That's how things work around here. Just remember this, if and again, please note I said if, because I know people like to only read what they want, Malkin turns out to be Alexander Daigle or Brian Lawton then you'll be begging for the four players plus a pick that the Habs were rumoured to have offered. I hope Malkin has a long and successful NHL career and that he goes on to have 45 more agents.

On the Malkin subject, he is suppose to be flying into Pittsburgh today to speak to the press to clear up his disappearing act.

Penguins fans think that Malkin for Souray, Aebischer, Ryder, Ribeiro and a 1st round pick is a bad trade. Just imagine what Mike Milbury would trade Malkin for.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 03:51 PM
  #345
SerialSeb
Registered User
 
SerialSeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Where hockey lives!
Country: Martinique
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
New info

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=174525&hubname=

New details in the Malkin Soap

SerialSeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 04:31 PM
  #346
BOB the Builder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Drunk+Golf Cart=w00t
Country: Canada
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
What happened to your avatar Bob?.. it was my favorite.
Thanks..I will go back to it eventually..now I am just pissed about receiving this:

"Please do not post anything that uses profane language in a manner which circumvents the filter"

Because I wrote **** in a way for people to read it..and I think its ****ing ridicilous


**** **** **** **** ****!!!!


But hey **** it its their site right?..but I felt censored so thats why I got this new one..its still better then Montrealers Mazda 3 no?...if you want, I know where he parks it..we could go piss on it..we'll bring TheDamned since he apparently doesnt like people who own mazda 3s

BOB the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.