HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kiprusoff to Toronto talks "Rolling"

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 01:09 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
Kiprusoff for Grant Rollheiser and Juraj Mikus and a 2nd round pick
Sure, why not.

Old
04-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Polk High

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
who doesn't?

kapow!!!

Old
04-02-2013, 01:13 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Sure, why not.
We don't even own the rights' of Rollheiser anymore lol.

Old
04-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
then maybe Calgary should put Kiprusoff in a better position, not trade him.

Especially since Kiprusoff told himself he would not report to another team, the risk that he will be not be focused with a new team is high.

To be honest i think Toronto have zero interest in Kiprusoff, they just bluff an interest to use it as leverage to acquire another goalie.
They're trying to - by trading him to another team.

He's never said that he wouldn't report; that is BS. He only asked that he be consulted prior to a trade.

I assume the "other goalie" you refer to is Luongo? Didn't he refuse to waive for Toronto?

Old
04-02-2013, 01:39 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I would actually take that. With Kippers play, and this weird trade market, a 2013 2nd would be nice.
Kipper's time is done with the Flames. The Flames also have enough goalie prospects now to start a pretty good battle for playing time on the big club.

Old
04-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
They're trying to - by trading him to another team.

He's never said that he wouldn't report; that is BS. He only asked that he be consulted prior to a trade.

I assume the "other goalie" you refer to is Luongo? Didn't he refuse to waive for Toronto?
Yes from reports he did refuse.

Old
04-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Bodangles

All you donkeys saying that we should stick with a goalie tandem with exactly ZERO combined play-off experience just because "we're not winning the cup this year" demonstrate exactly why you're (thankfully) not NHL GMs, and why the one guy in all of Toronto it seems who wants Kipper actually is. Our goal should not just be to make the playoffs; our goal should be to win the Stanley Cup. Seriously, the first smell of playoffs in this city in 8 years and everyone's like, "Well, that was good. Better focus on next year now." Once you're in, anything can happen! 8th seeded Kings, anyone?

Have some damn faith that this team can do some damage in the playoffs. I'm so sick of this losing attitude in Toronto. Be a real fan and support your effing team.

Old
04-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Yea, but Feaster might not know that

Old
04-02-2013, 01:53 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodangles View Post
All you donkeys saying that we should stick with a goalie tandem with exactly ZERO combined play-off experience just because "we're not winning the cup this year" demonstrate exactly why you're (thankfully) not NHL GMs, and why the one guy in all of Toronto it seems who wants Kipper actually is. Our goal should not just be to make the playoffs; our goal should be to win the Stanley Cup. Seriously, the firsts smell of playoffs in this city in 8 years and everyone's like, "Well, that was good. Better focus on next year now." Once you're in, anything can happen! 8th seeded Kings, anyone?

Have some ******* faith that this team can do some damage in the playoffs. I'm so sick of this losing attitude in Toronto. Be a real fan and support your effing team.
Relax. People are just being realistic. The odds of the Leafs going more than 2 rounds are pretty long. There's no point in giving up valuable assets now. The team is on the right path and just needs to develop a bit more.

If the Leafs can add some veteran depth for cheap that's fine. But they'd better not trade anything of substance for veteran rentals in the hopes those vets will bring them the Cup this year.

Old
04-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
All you donkeys saying that we should stick with a goalie tandem with exactly ZERO combined play-off experience just because "we're not winning the cup this year" demonstrate exactly why you're (thankfully) not NHL GMs, and why the one guy in all of Toronto it seems who wants Kipper actually is. Our goal should not just be to make the playoffs; our goal should be to win the Stanley Cup. Seriously, the first smell of playoffs in this city in 8 years and everyone's like, "Well, that was good. Better focus on next year now." Once you're in, anything can happen! 8th seeded Kings, anyone?

Have some damn faith that this team can do some damage in the playoffs. I'm so sick of this losing attitude in Toronto. Be a real fan and support your effing team.
There's having faith and there is cheering for the Leafs. Lets be serious. The Kings are a completely different example from last year. I like to think of myself as an optimist, but I am also a realist. And reality is we are not winning the cup with or without Kipper this season.

EDIT: However, I will eat my hat if the Leafs win the cup.

04-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Quote:
All you donkeys saying that we should stick with a goalie tandem with exactly ZERO combined play-off experience just because "we're not winning the cup this year" demonstrate exactly why you're (thankfully) not NHL GMs, and why the one guy in all of Toronto it seems who wants Kipper actually is. Our goal should not just be to make the playoffs; our goal should be to win the Stanley Cup. Seriously, the firsts smell of playoffs in this city in 8 years and everyone's like, "Well, that was good. Better focus on next year now." Once you're in, anything can happen! 8th seeded Kings, anyone?

Have some ******* faith that this team can do some damage in the playoffs. I'm so sick of this losing attitude in Toronto. Be a real fan and support your effing team.
"Well, we're unlikely to win the Cup, so we may as well not even try to make any noise in the playoffs, resign ourselves to defeat in the first round and call it a year."

Old
04-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Bodangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFratt View Post
There's having faith and there is cheering for the Leafs. Lets be serious. The Kings are a completely different example from last year. I like to think of myself as an optimist, but I am also a realist. And reality is we are not winning the cup with or without Kipper this season.

Don't hog that crystal ball.

Old
04-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
What would the asking price be for Jose Theodore instead? He's a UFA at the end of the season, so he could be had for cheaper... Playoff wise, he's played the same amount as Kipper, and they both have similar numbers.

Personally, i'd rather Theodore than Kipper.. especially if we play Montreal!!

Old
04-02-2013, 01:57 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
What would the asking price be for Jose Theodore instead? He's a UFA at the end of the season, so he could be had for cheaper... Playoff wise, he's played the same amount as Kipper, and they both have similar numbers.

You do know that Theodore is awful at Bell Center and ask to not be the starter at the Bell Center right?

Old
04-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Hounsy

vCash: 559
Quote:

LA let Quick play in the playoffs and gain experience before they won last year. Just saying.

Old
04-02-2013, 01:59 PM
herashak

vCash: 50
If ownership thinks they can make the second round of playoffs this year by adding 1 or 2 small pieces i think they go for it. They can make a lot of money from those extra few games during playoffs.

Old
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
You do know that Theodore is awful at Bell Center and ask to not be the starter at the Bell Center right?
Insert Reimer.

Old
Stats01

Quote:

what are you going on about...first your complaining about the fans being conservative and then complaining they're not supporting the team. Having a bad day it seems..in any case everyone is saying that Reimer doesn't have any experience. HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET EXPERIENCE??? YOU PLAY!!! Reimer needs to freakin play if we all want him to get experience. Give your head a shake.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:02 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post

Haha that'd be perfect for us Habs fans! Theo is more of chocker than a savior.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Haha that'd be perfect for us Habs fans! Theo is more of chocker than a savior.
Well then nevermind

Old
04-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFratt View Post

I don't think he's disputing the likelihood of the Leafs winning the Cup so much as taking issue with the fatalistic attitude so many Leafs fans seem to have towards the playoffs, as if expending any assets whatsoever - even mid-round picks/B prospects - to try to improve our team and potentially make a little noise is a complete and utter waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
what are you going on about...first your complaining about the fans being conservative and then complaining they're not supporting the team. Having a bad day it seems..in any case everyone is saying that Reimer doesn't have any experience. HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET EXPERIENCE??? YOU PLAY!!! Reimer needs to freakin play if we all want him to get experience. Give your head a shake.
In Nonis' recent interviews, he's spoken primarily about 'insurance' in goal. In other words, someone to step in in the unfortunate case that Reimer gets hurt, or plays poorly - not someone to take over the starting role. If a stabilizing veteran presence could be added for a reasonable price, why not? You're very, very likely to get more out of adding a couple savvy veterans to a young team for a playoff run than you are out of a third-round pick or whatever. But people are so adamant that you hang onto them out of this paranoia that we're going to miss out on some diamond in the rough like Milan Lucic, Shea Weber, etc., and it's going to haunt us for years.

With the luck the Leafs have had over the past couple of decades, particularly with the draft, it's tough to blame anyone for that paranoia.... but you have to put things in perspective, like. It's not all about hoarding picks and waiting/hoping to hit the jackpot. That very well may never happen, especially when we're talking about 2nds/3rds/4ths.

Last edited by Marco Esquandolas: 04-02-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old
04-02-2013, 02:08 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Even better! We won't waste a contract signing a marginal prospect.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Bodangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Give YOUR head a shake because you obviously don't pay attention. Kipper won't be coming in to steal Reimer's job. Guaranteed Reimer starts with or without Kipper. Kipper is about insurance in the playoffs.

Go ahead, make some more statements without knowing the facts. Please, for humour.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Bodangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
I don't think he's disputing the likelihood of the Leafs winning the Cup so much as taking issue with the fatalistic attitude so many Leafs fans seem to have towards the playoffs, as if expending any assets whatsoever - even mid-round picks/B prospects - to try to improve our team and potentially make a little noise is a complete and utter waste.

In Nonis' recent interviews, he's spoken primarily about 'insurance' in goal. In other words, someone to step in in the unfortunate case that Reimer gets hurt, or plays poorly - not someone to take over the starting role. If a stabilizing veteran presence could be added for a reasonable price, why not? You're very, very likely to get more out of adding a couple savvy veterans to a young team for a playoff run than you are out of a third-round pick or whatever. But people are so adamant that you hang onto them out of this paranoia that we're going to miss out on some diamond in the rough like Milan Lucic, Shea Weber, etc.
Right on.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:20 PM
mapes

Quote:
Give YOUR head a shake because you obviously don't pay attention. Kipper won't be coming in to steal Reimer's job. Guaranteed Reimer starts with or without Kipper. Kipper is about insurance in the playoffs.

Go ahead, make some more statements without knowing the facts. Please, for humour.
I agree. I think he is there to be a veteran backup. Help Reimer if he gets in trouble.

Closed Thread