HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge IV

View Poll Results: Should I try to get into show business?
Yes but have a day job or back up in the meantime 5 55.56%
Yes, go all in 1 11.11%
No 3 33.33%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Ted Mosby

vCash: 500
Does anyone have a link to the "Shane Doan: In My Own Words" story that premiered over the last few days?

Old
03-27-2013, 06:55 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/...er-report.html

Hey everyone, check out Boeds giving the weather on abc 15 a few days back it's almost meme worthy

Old
03-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

what the **** is vCash and why do i have 500 of it?

Old
03-29-2013, 11:42 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Thank you! I've wanted to ask this for months but I keep forgetting.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:53 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
Thank you! I've wanted to ask this for months but I keep forgetting.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/vbookie.php

It's virtual currency that you can use to bet on events.

Old
03-30-2013, 06:52 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/vbookie.php

It's virtual currency that you can use to bet on events.
Yep; and if you win more often than you lose on those bets you might even increase your vital currency to an amount above what you started with (depending of course on the size of your winning bets versus the size of your losing bets)!

Old
03-30-2013, 08:29 PM
XX
... Waiting

You automatically get refilled to 500 if you go to 0 every month I believe.

Old
03-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

That is a new one to me. What I have seen is if you reach 0 then you get 50 vCash everytime a new vBookie Thread is made. If you use that same 50 on another bet then you get another 50 the monent a new vBookie thread is made. Around September of every year is everyone reset to 500.

Old
04-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
MLS attendance most years hovers between 17,000 and 18,000, which puts the league on par with France and Belgium, ahead of Brazil and Argentina. MLS struggles in terms of market share, because it's still a small fish in a market of 380m in North America, but fans show up to games in a big, big way.
From OEL
That's cool. Makes more sense, too. Someone mentioned 5,000 fans being an adequate number, and that had me puzzled. But 18,000 fans average makes sense.

As far as flow, I know what you mean, but so many games I've watched were decided in the first 45 minutes. If a goal is scored by half time, that's pretty much it, with the leading team going all defense. If not, players will get tired and a tie becomes very likely.

Also, the amount of diving drives me crazy.

From XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
Don't get me wrong, watching the Brazilian or Argentinian national team, Real Madrid or Barcelona play is something special. But that's not what we're talking about here. The US have the best players in the world when it comes to the four top sports. That'll never happen in soccer.
Precisely why I don't watch unless it's the Olympics or World Cup. I don't like Tier 1 soccer in most countries so why would I pay to go watch Tier 2 U.S. soccer?

Old
04-02-2013, 02:08 PM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Precisely why I don't watch unless it's the Olympics or World Cup. I don't like Tier 1 soccer in most countries so why would I pay to go watch Tier 2 U.S. soccer?
Last fall I attended two soccer matches in person: a Champions League group stage game at Emirates with Arsenal hosting Montpellier of France... and the other one, the first MLS game I'd ever attended, DC United @ Portland Timbers. Guess which one had the better crowd, imho?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPzXhfB74pQ

The action on the field was... adequate, but the atmosphere - I would kill to have an atmosphere like that in Glendale.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:13 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
Last fall I attended two soccer matches in person: a Champions League group stage game at Emirates with Arsenal hosting Montpellier of France... and the other one, the first MLS game I'd ever attended, DC United @ Portland Timbers. Guess which one had the better crowd, imho?

The action on the field was... adequate, but the atmosphere - I would kill to have an atmosphere like that in Glendale.
Portland and Seattle are the exceptions in the MLS. The cities have embraced those teams and tried to make it an experience. The rest of the country is just not as interested.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:59 PM
ck26
Alcoholab User

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Moved

From OEL
That's cool. Makes more sense, too. Someone mentioned 5,000 fans being an adequate number, and that had me puzzled. But 18,000 fans average makes sense.

As far as flow, I know what you mean, but so many games I've watched were decided in the first 45 minutes. If a goal is scored by half time, that's pretty much it, with the leading team going all defense. If not, players will get tired and a tie becomes very likely.

Also, the amount of diving drives me crazy.

From XX

Because its there. Because they play right here in our city. I use to live in Germany, my scarf collection is up around 200 ... stadiums visited. Watching on satellite tv at 8am isn't as much fun as going to a live game and standing and yelling with your friends. One man's opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post

Seattle / Portland are the best, but Salt Lake, Philly and Houston are good too. The more the sport grows, the better every town will get.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Reading into more of the responses on the Sharks board is quite sad. Massive talk about booing Torres and calling him a dirty player but yet forget that they had such players as Suter and Marchant on their team in the past. Them looking to boo Torres would be on the same level of idiocy as when so many of them booed the Canadian National Anthem a few years back.

Old
04-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

The GDT for the game vs the Red Wings will be made by Rundblad as I have too much on my plate as it is. Thnak you once again Rundblad for agreeing to do this.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:10 AM
XX
... Waiting

Anyone following the NK situation? just escalated further, and this is a pretty dramatic step, even by NK standards:

Quote:
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea has moved what appears to be a mid-range Musudan missile to its east coast, South Korea's Yonhap news agency said on Thursday, quoting multiple government sources privy to intelligence from U.S. and South Korean authorities.

It was not clear if the missile was mounted with a warhead or whether the North was planning to fire it or was just putting it on display as a show of force, one South Korean government source was quoted as saying.

"South Korean and U.S. intelligence authorities have obtained indications the North has moved an object that appears to be a mid-range missile to the east coast," the source said.

The Musudan missile is believed to have a range of 3,000 km (1,875 miles) or more, which would put all of South Korea and Japan in range and possibly also the U.S. territory of Guam in the Pacific Ocean. North Korea is not believed to have tested these mid-range missiles, according to most independent experts
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...30404?irpc=932

Shades of the Cuban missile crisis.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:47 AM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Except Kim Jong-un is crazier than Khrushchev.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:40 PM
ck26
Alcoholab User

Quote:
Anyone following the NK situation? just escalated further, and this is a pretty dramatic step, even by NK standards:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...30404?irpc=932

SAT analogy time ... this is to 1962 like David Moss is to Gordie Howel. Both are NHL forwards with ties to Michigan. That's about all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
Except Kim Jong-un is crazier than Khrushchev.
Based on what?

I follow NK closely and have for years ... this sabre rattling coincides with a new S Korean president and an American media that hasn't talked about North Korea or Iran for a while.

Somehow the Soviets had 5,000 nuke ICBMs for decades but were deterred by America's 5,000 ICBMs from using them. But N Korea is going to use their two? What's America going to do then?

Old
04-04-2013, 06:02 PM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Somehow the Soviets had 5,000 nuke ICBMs for decades but were deterred by America's 5,000 ICBMs from using them. But N Korea is going to use their two? What's America going to do then?
Sure, times change, but look at our response to the events of 9/11 - and we had to go looking for those people. We know *exactly* where NK is.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:43 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Let It Go

vCash: 100
Just e-signed my renewal for season tickets next year.

Feels good. Hope the games I just bought tickets to will actually exist, though.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:37 AM
ck26
Alcoholab User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad View Post
Just e-signed my renewal for season tickets next year.

Feels good. Hope the games I just bought tickets to will actually exist, though.
Ticket agent emailed me a couple weeks ago asking about playoffs and renewals (response: "lets MAKE the playoffs first ..."), so here's hoping ... I've always pictured the stay-or-go decision coming down to one season ticket or one jersey purchase ... like the ownership group sets some arbitrary financial target and because a kid wanted a Wetzel Pretzel instead of a hotdog at the last game, they JUST made it ...

Old
04-05-2013, 06:00 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Let It Go

vCash: 100
Quote:
Ticket agent emailed me a couple weeks ago asking about playoffs and renewals (response: "lets MAKE the playoffs first ..."), so here's hoping ... I've always pictured the stay-or-go decision coming down to one season ticket or one jersey purchase ... like the ownership group sets some arbitrary financial target and because a kid wanted a Wetzel Pretzel instead of a hotdog at the last game, they JUST made it ...
I don't even know how much the Wetzel Pretzels cost; I've only ever bought Coyote dogs, the burger combo and the macho nachos. (Edit: and beer)

I'll keep some cash around in case we actually do make the playoffs, though it won't need to be much since it's $80 for the first round in my section (and that's if we were to actually end up with home ice for some reason, if not it would be $60 I think).I wouldn't count on it happening, but it'll be a nice bonus if we do.

Last edited by Primrose Everdeen: 04-05-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Closed Thread