HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OKC Barons 12/13 Thread:

Old
03-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saunacrew View Post
How has Rajala been?

Is he still the gifted small player that is afraid get physical? Seems like he has done well stat wise at least.
He has been great. Right now if nothing else he is a very good AHLer.

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:26 AM
topchowda

Harti with a dirty dirty goal

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=4&id=232774

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:58 AM
dem

Lander with 6 points ...

How is that possible..?
Congrats to the guy... That's a night to remember.

dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:18 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Lander and Harti should both be in the NHL, but there's no space for them, so it's nice to see them rip it up in the AHL.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:47 AM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Lander and Harti should both be in the NHL, but there's no space for them, so it's nice to see them rip it up in the AHL.
Teemu has always been a consistent contributor in the AHL, but Lander had me worried. He's been good since coming back from injury, but I want to see him prove that he can do this consistently and that this wasn't just a fluke per se. Good so far, that Hartikainen-Lander-Rajala line is one verrrrry good AHL line.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:44 PM
40oz

Wow didn't think Teemu had that in him

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:50 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
Teemu has always been a consistent contributor in the AHL, but Lander had me worried. He's been good since coming back from injury, but I want to see him prove that he can do this consistently and that this wasn't just a fluke per se. Good so far, that Hartikainen-Lander-Rajala line is one verrrrry good AHL line.
Most valuable player at 0.4 ppg in his SEL team.

Look, Lander is not, and has never been a go-to guy in terms of points. That's not his strength. If he out up points, excellent, but that's not generally his purpose. If I'd translate SEL to NHL he's a Callahan type of player.

That said, he seems to have been doing great after coming back from his injury.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:54 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Lander was also (and still is) really young.
He was a teenager playing in the SEL.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
Most valuable player at 0.4 ppg in his SEL team.

Look, Lander is not, and has never been a go-to guy in terms of points. That's not his strength. If he out up points, excellent, but that's not generally his purpose. If I'd translate SEL to NHL he's a Callahan type of player.

That said, he seems to have been doing great after coming back from his injury.
Callahan had pretty strong offensive #s in the AHL and proved he didnt belong, and had an excellent season last season that Lander will likely never reach. 30 goals and higher than .7 ppg. The comparisons stop when you get to offensive production and capabilities.

I get that Lander brings more than his stat line, but I can't help but wonder if his AHL stat line is indicative that he will be a black hole offensively in the NHL. It's nothing against Lander as I love his overall game and intangibles, my point was that he leaves a lot to be desired offensively. He's still young and hopefully will start turning the corner, I was hoping for around .5 ppg in the AHL this season.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Ladra

Quote:
Callahan had pretty strong offensive #s in the AHL and proved he didnt belong, and had an excellent season last season that Lander will likely never reach. 30 goals and higher than .7 ppg. The comparisons stop when you get to offensive production and capabilities.

I get that Lander brings more than his stat line, but I can't help but wonder if his AHL stat line is indicative that he will be a black hole offensively in the NHL. It's nothing against Lander as I love his overall game and intangibles, my point was that he leaves a lot to be desired offensively. He's still young and hopefully will start turning the corner, I was hoping for around .5 ppg in the AHL this season.
I believe he will be black hole offensively. At best close to Horcoff. He has some things speaking for him, and that is that he is quite allround, very sound defensively and good playing a system, alot of heart and bit of chripiness.

Ladra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladra View Post
I believe he will be black hole offensively. At best close to Horcoff. He has some things speaking for him, and that is that he is quite allround, very sound defensively and good playing a system, alot of heart and bit of chripiness.
Lander is the type of player that still has value, and he won't hurt you. He has a goo attitude and brings intangibles, I just found the Callahan comparison amusing because Callahan brings the same intangibles, but is MUCH more offensively capable. I'd say they are undervaluing Callahan by a country mile there.

I'm not saying the recall is unearned, as he was the most logical choice. I would've just liked to see him develop some consistency in the AHL first.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Ladra

Quote:
Lander is the type of player that still has value, and he won't hurt you. He has a goo attitude and brings intangibles, I just found the Callahan comparison amusing because Callahan brings the same intangibles, but is MUCH more offensively capable. I'd say they are undervaluing Callahan by a country mile there.

I'm not saying the recall is unearned, as he was the most logical choice. I would've just liked to see him develop some consistency in the AHL first.

I see your point, and I wouln't say it is either earned or unearned, but I believe he can play at the NHL level without hurting the Oilers and be an improvement over Smyth as the 4C. Imo he was alright when he played for the Oilers last year as well.

If he is to develop some offence I should probably be done in the AHL, but I don't think he has it in him, most his goals will probably be tap ins.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:58 PM
ales83fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Lander was also (and still is) really young.
He was a teenager playing in the SEL.
might have even been the captain on his team no?

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:40 AM
LaGu

Quote:

Look, I wasn't implying that Lander is or will become Edmonton's Callahan. Sorry if it came out that way. The point was just to say that he is that type of player. Callahan is way ahead of Lander in so many ways and I agree that Lander needs to put up points but he doesn't need to be above 0.5 ppg in the NHL to be extremely useful and I hope that posters here don't expect that from him.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
Look, I wasn't implying that Lander is or will become Edmonton's Callahan. Sorry if it came out that way. The point was just to say that he is that type of player. Callahan is way ahead of Lander in so many ways and I agree that Lander needs to put up points but he doesn't need to be above 0.5 ppg in the NHL to be extremely useful and I hope that posters here don't expect that from him.
Nobody here said they are expecting .5 ppg in the NHL this season, I said I was hoping for that clip in the AHL this season because I thought he was capable of doing it. He had 13 points in 44 games before the 6 point game is why I said that.

Old
04-01-2013, 08:29 AM
North

For those keeping track of the Barons, what's going on with Martindale? His scoring seems to have dried up. Is he at least playing well defensively?

North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:58 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladra View Post
Horcoff had several 50 point seasons and a 70 point season. If Lander ever comes close to that level of offensive production, he will be an invaluable player in the NHL.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:03 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Horcoff had several 50 point seasons and a 70 point season. If Lander ever comes close to that level of offensive production, he will be an invaluable player in the NHL.
Agreed, Landers max upside is what Horcoff is right now. Horcoff was a 1c anf a good 2c for a period back in the day. Lander maxes at an ok 3c or good 4c

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Ladra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
I was more thinking the way Horc has played the last few years with his offensive production. But I do also believe that Lander could get 50+ as an anomaly and playing with good linemates. But he is a player under development so alot of things could happen but he is imo a quality prospect. (just not very good hands )

Old
04-02-2013, 02:09 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

As per Darren Dreger, Dane Byers has been moved out. Last time I checked, he was playing well for OKC...

EDIT: Return is Garrett Stafford.

nofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
As per Darren Dreger, Dane Byers has been moved out. Last time I checked, he was playing well for OKC...

EDIT: Return is Garrett Stafford.
He's been terrible for OKC honestly, definitely a let down. Good move, OKC had too many vets that all bring more or less the same game in Hordichuk, Eager, and Byers. They all bring toughness and play in the bottom 6. Byers was billed to have more offensive instincts, but didnt show it this season.

Good luck to him.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:09 PM
runeeres
Seasons in the Abyss

Ben Eager a healthy scratch tonight in OKC. I guess he hasn't taken too well to the demotion.

runeeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Damn, that's brutal.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:24 PM
dnicks17

Maybe it's because he was traded.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:32 PM
runeeres
Seasons in the Abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Maybe it's because he was traded.
We can only hope. Otherwise his attitude must be really crappy down there. Let's buy out this black hole in the summer.

runeeres is offline   Reply With Quote