HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NJD Help looking for winger & D

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 02:34 PM
  #1
njdevils6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
NJD Help looking for winger & D

Devils need a scoring winger and and 2 way defender.
Winger :
MacArthur for Fayne
cammalleri for Poni and Severson + 3rd
Whitney for ????
Defense :
Campbell for Tallinder + 2nd + Gelinas

njdevils6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:36 PM
  #2
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 500
Wouldn't give up Fayne for Macarthur, and it would take more than that for Cammalleri and Campbell. Whitney I don't want at all

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:40 PM
  #3
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
The last thing this team needs is another freaking SAH d-men. We currently have Salvador and Volchenkov and both players are highly priced for what they bring to our team.

If anything, we need a d-men that can generate some offense and upgrade our below average transition game. We also need a left winger to play on our top line since we replaced Parise with a bunch of waiver pick ups and reclamation projects.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:49 PM
  #4
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
The last thing this team needs is another freaking SAH d-men. We currently have Salvador and Volchenkov and both players are highly priced for what they bring to our team.

If anything, we need a d-men that can generate some offense and upgrade our below average transition game. We also need a left winger to play on our top line since we replaced Parise with a bunch of waiver pick ups and reclamation projects.
Bolded 1: Liles?

Bolded 2: Kuli/MacArthur?

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:53 PM
  #5
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,963
vCash: 500
What in the...no. God no. Stop it.

no trading Fayne for MacArthur. No Trading Gelinas in a package for another defenseman on the wrong side of 32, especially when he's most likely NHL ready!

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:10 PM
  #6
Tretyak 20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Bolded 1: Liles?

Bolded 2: Kuli/MacArthur?
Liles, no, MacArthur, no. Kulemin? What have you got in mind?

Tretyak 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:13 PM
  #7
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretyak 20 View Post
Liles, no, MacArthur, no. Kulemin? What have you got in mind?
Don't know, you guys going to resign Clarkson?

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:13 PM
  #8
tmack224
Registered User
 
tmack224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,298
vCash: 500
Stafford, Pomminville, and Sekera would be options coming out of Buffalo

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:14 PM
  #9
NHL Fanatik
Registered User
 
NHL Fanatik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
Wouldn't give up Fayne for Macarthur, and it would take more than that for Cammalleri and Campbell. Whitney I don't want at all
I think you're overvaluing Cammalleri

NHL Fanatik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:14 PM
  #10
Tretyak 20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Don't know, you guys going to resign Clarkson?
Don't have to if we've got Kulemin.

Tretyak 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:17 PM
  #11
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretyak 20 View Post
Don't have to if we've got Kulemin.
Well then....let's get 'er done!!!

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:17 PM
  #12
BeastoftheEast85
Registered User
 
BeastoftheEast85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: United States
Posts: 1,913
vCash: 500
Stafford for Tallinder and a 3rd-4rth or similar prospect?

BeastoftheEast85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:18 PM
  #13
Tretyak 20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Well then....let's get 'er done!!!
I'll drop Lou an email.

Tretyak 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:18 PM
  #14
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Pominville for Merrill+

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:19 PM
  #15
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?
 
Finlandia WOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,707
vCash: 500
Jussi Jokinen and Jamie McBain for David Clarkson and Mark Fayne.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:21 PM
  #16
AmeriHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Would Gionta be of interest?

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:21 PM
  #17
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretyak 20 View Post
I'll drop Lou an email.
I'll get Nonis on the phone!!

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:22 PM
  #18
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway to Cap Hell View Post
Jussi Jokinen and Jamie McBain for David Clarkson and Mark Fayne.
Jussi Jokinen, as in the player who was placed on waivers and no one claimed, Jussi Jokinen?

That's a pretty solid return for Clarkson and Fayne

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:36 PM
  #19
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 10,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post
Stafford, Pomminville, and Sekera would be options coming out of Buffalo
Nope, not that one. Only 26, on a great contract, and a really good player. There's no reason for Buffalo to move him.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:37 PM
  #20
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,893
vCash: 500
How about...

Hemsky&Whitney?! :O

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:22 PM
  #21
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
I would offer alot for Pomminville . Would love him

Clarkson + Merrill + 1st/2nd Round Pick (Maybe a second that becomes a 1st if Clarkson doesnt re-sign or something)

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:26 PM
  #22
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
I would offer alot for Pomminville . Would love him

Clarkson + Merrill + 1st/2nd Round Pick (Maybe a second that becomes a 1st if Clarkson doesnt re-sign or something)
Wow, I think Clarkson is just as good as JP. Why on earth would you guys do that? BTW, we have lots of LWers in Calgary. Stempniak and Cammalleri if you want scoring. Comeau if you want a 4th liner that can skate and if physical. Cammalleri would be cheap if you took the cap hit. More expensive if you want us to pay half.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:28 PM
  #23
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Wow, I think Clarkson is just as good as JP. Why on earth would you guys do that? BTW, we have lots of LWers in Calgary. Stempniak and Cammalleri if you want scoring. Comeau if you want a 4th liner that can skate and if physical. Cammalleri would be cheap if you took the cap hit. More expensive if you want us to pay half.
Clarkson ???? Guy has goals but he is far from very good. 4 points in his last 22 games. Plays awful defense and has a fairly low hockey IQ.

Clarkson does have some value soo possibly change a prospect from Merrill to a lesser prospect like Urbom/Gelinas/Severson

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:34 PM
  #24
Jerzey Devil
Registered User
 
Jerzey Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Someone (UFA) with 1 year left on their contract is not worth losing Merrill over. Isn't Merrill like a PPG already in Albany?

This might not be the Devils year and that's fine. No need in dismantling a great future defense for one season. In 5-7 years the Devils D has the potential to be amongst the best in the league.

Jerzey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:36 PM
  #25
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey Devil View Post
Someone (UFA) with 1 year left on their contract is not worth losing Merrill over. Isn't Merrill like a PPG already in Albany?

This might not be the Devils year and that's fine. No need in dismantling a great future defense for one season. In 5-7 years the Devils D has the potential to be amongst the best in the league.
Merrill is at 3 points in 2 games, doesnt exactly mean he will be a star. And yes our D has potential to be one of the best, but its only potential. No sure thing

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.