HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
  #101
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,809
vCash: 500
Boy we better sign Hillen before he becomes too overvalued.

Capitlols is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:21 PM
  #102
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 19,292
vCash: 500
Sweet. Another multi-year contract for a fringe-NHLer.

How long until he's bought out, a la Tyler Sloan? 40 games into next season?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:22 PM
  #103
IafrateOvie34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
I don't have an issue with Hillen. He's been ok and I don't expect every player to be the next superstar. Just get Schultz the hell out of here though.

IafrateOvie34 is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:22 PM
  #104
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
not really the extension i wanted to see today.

and Hillen hasnt really shown me anything
Again what does a guy need to show you to worth $700k and a seat in the pressbox most nights?

Honestly this signing couldn't make me happier in that in the past McPhee would have given him $1 mil per and a 3 year deal...

Millhaus is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:23 PM
  #105
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 19,292
vCash: 500
I love great skating from the defense as much as the next guy, but Hillen's being overrated due to that. He takes minors seemingly every game, turns the puck over nearly every time he tries to rush it, and gets killed in battles in the dirty areas.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:27 PM
  #106
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist
 
Zoidberg Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Again what does a guy need to show you to worth $700k and a seat in the pressbox most nights?

Honestly this signing couldn't make me happier in that in the past McPhee would have given him $1 mil per and a 3 year deal...
The money's not what bothers me, it's the two years part. Why need to make that commitment to a guy who's played all of 10 games for us? He's certainly not proved himself to be particularly sturdy. And why not wait until after the season, when we've had a better look at him? It's just odd.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:29 PM
  #107
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 19,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
The money's not what bothers me, it's the two years part. Why need to make that commitment to a guy who's played all of 10 games for us? He's certainly not proved himself to be particularly sturdy. And why not wait until after the season, when we've had a better look at him? It's just odd.
And it's an indicator that they don't plan on making a move to strengthen the left side. Under Caps control for next season: Alzner, Hillen, Erskine, Schultz, Orlov, Schmidt.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:29 PM
  #108
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,685
vCash: 1300
i would start a Hillen thread but I am too bummed. At least it wasn't Sarge renegotiated for 4x4 or some shiat

Lets say Sarge sticks around, of course.

Alzner Sarge Erskine Hillen.

Poti out... Orlov back to RD or in Hershey to learn LD for a year?

RandyHolt is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
  #109
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Edmonton trades Dane Byers to Washington for Stafford

I take it this is an AHL deal
Damnit GMGM, Leonsis said to be buyers. Not acquire Byers.

Langway is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
  #110
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I love great skating from the defense as much as the next guy, but Hillen's being overrated due to that. He takes minors seemingly every game, turns the puck over nearly every time he tries to rush it, and gets killed in battles in the dirty areas.
But you seem to love Oleksy.

Oleksy is good for a "omfg im slow and my hockey iq is so low hooking/trip/hold" penalty every game.

Seriously, so ****ing tired of him and Schultz.... Oleksy is already been exposed badly... Players a chipping pucks behind him and he is either good for a penalty or totally being out of the play for a good chance, it happens EVERY GAME, meaning coaches have figured this **** out, yet he still plays in the NHL.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
  #111
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Damnit GMGM, Leonsis said to be buyers. Not acquire Byers.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:33 PM
  #112
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist
 
Zoidberg Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
And it's an indicator that they don't plan on making a move to strengthen the left side. Under Caps control for next season: Alzner, Hillen, Erskine, Schultz, Orlov, Schmidt.
Yeah, I mentioned that on the last page. That's seriously troubling if McPhee is really happy with that depth after Alzner. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
  #113
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,685
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
But you seem to love Oleksy.

Oleksy is good for a "omfg im slow and my hockey iq is so low hooking/trip/hold" penalty every game.

Seriously, so ****ing tired of him and Schultz.... Oleksy is already been exposed badly... Players a chipping pucks behind him and he is either good for a penalty or totally being out of the play for a good chance, it happens EVERY GAME, meaning coaches have figured this **** out, yet he still plays in the NHL.
That is probably me that loves him.

He does not appear slow to me, maybe slow to read a play. I do see him get roughed up on the boards but at least he keep battling, and hustles anytime he can.

15GP 1+5 +4, he could be looking much worse. He seemed to be doing a little better than Kundratek

RandyHolt is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:37 PM
  #114
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
And it's an indicator that they don't plan on making a move to strengthen the left side. Under Caps control for next season: Alzner, Hillen, Erskine, Schultz, Orlov, Schmidt.
Yeah but which one of those guys would you prefer sitting in the pressbox each night? Hillen IMO by a landslide. His cap hit is nothing and you're not worried about hindering his development.

With the cap going down next season the guy is the perfect #7 IMO...

Millhaus is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:38 PM
  #115
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
That is probably me that loves him.

He does not appear slow to me, maybe slow to read a play. I do see him get roughed up on the boards but at least he keep battling, and hustles anytime he can.

15GP 1+5 +4, he could be looking much worse. He seemed to be doing a little better than Kundratek
Just watch him, every game a player will try and bounce the puck off the board, he will go towards the boars while the other player goes to the inside and he will either get a penalty or they will have a nice chance.

The players thus far that have done it haven't been snipers, but if Semin does it, its gonna be a ****ing goal.

His overall skating maybe fine, but his pivot and choice of direction to pivot is key part of being a dman.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:40 PM
  #116
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,657
vCash: 500
Make a decision George.

EroCaps is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:40 PM
  #117
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,685
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Just watch him, every game a player will try and bounce the puck off the board, he will go towards the boars while the other player goes to the inside and he will either get a penalty or they will have a nice chance.

The players thus far that have done it haven't been snipers, but if Semin does it, its gonna be a ****ing goal.
I will try to watch for it. So it sounds like he turning the wrong way. He has come pretty far pretty fast and thrown to the wolves via high TOI on a floundering team, and he will make mistakes. But if you are seeing something like that consistently, I am wondering if Calle is dropping the puck on this one...

I am not sure I like Calle as our D coach. I would rather Tinordi or Langway

RandyHolt is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:43 PM
  #118
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I will try to watch for it. So it sounds like he turning the wrong way. He has come pretty far pretty fast and thrown to the wolves via high TOI on a floundering team, and he will make mistakes. But if you are seeing something like that consistently, I am wondering if Calle is dropping the puck on this one...

I am not sure I like Calle as our D coach. I would rather Tinordi or Langway
Larry Robinson or should have kept Johnson from last season.

BiPolar Caps is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:44 PM
  #119
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Why the sad face...?

A very decent depth defenseman with a $700k cap hit. That is barely above the minimum. Is there someone else you would rather have sitting in the press box most nights?
This goes to show you that with a little polishing (context) any turd can look OK.

Seriously though, decent cheap signing, but not what Caps fans are looking for right now with regards to the direction of the franchise.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:45 PM
  #120
Carlzner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,864
vCash: 500
Well this definitely feels like a GMGM Deadline day.

Two minor league deals, a College UFA signing, and a Soft Defenseman Extension.

Carlzner is online now  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:45 PM
  #121
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Make a decision George.
Stay the course.....we've got a puncher's chance of winning a round or two.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:46 PM
  #122
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
This goes to show you that with a little polishing (context) any turd can look OK.

Seriously though, decent cheap signing, but not what Caps fans are looking for right now with regards to the direction of the franchise.
Next year and maybe the year after, cap space is going to be really tight. Every team is going to need a few (or more) of these under 1M guys.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:48 PM
  #123
fsnoles98
Registered User
 
fsnoles98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
Awesome moves. Glad Hillen got locked up for 2 years, lol
GMGM is laughable sometimes.

fsnoles98 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:49 PM
  #124
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,643
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Orlov, Oleksey, HIllen and now the college kid from Minn. all move the puck and aren't afraid to get physical from time to time. Does this mean Green's days are numbered? How many puck moving D does one team need?

WetHog is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:54 PM
  #125
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,657
vCash: 500
Wait... Hillen was locked up for 2 years? Lol.

EroCaps is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.