This may be subject to some cap reports by the league capologist, so we tentatively announce a blockbuster deal in Calgary.
TOR 1st 2013
We needed to really kickstart this rebuild, and another 1st and elite prospect like Morgan really do so. Ben Scrivens gives us a nice 1B for next season, we feel he is NHL ready and while we won't throw him to the wolves, he will be given some opportunities to take the reigns. We wish Gio and Tanguay the best of luck in Toronto as they pursue a cup.
We waive Joey MacDonald, as Ben Scrivens will take the backup role for the remainder of the season.
JFJ, is that you?!
Stop playing GM Games on HFBoards! You're supposed to be scouting for the Sharks!
Bryan Little ($2.383m) / Paul Stastny ($6.600m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
Alex Tanguay ($3.500m) / Nazem Kadri ($1.720m) / James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m)
Leo Komarov ($1.200m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($5.500m) / Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m)
Frazer McLaren ($0.633m) / Jay McClement ($1.500m) / Colton Orr ($1.000m)
Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / Mark Giordano ($4.020m)
Jake Gardiner ($1.117m) / Carl Gunnarsson ($1.325m)
Cody Franson ($1.200m) / Shane O'Brien ($2.000m)
Mark Fraser ($0.600m) /
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
James Reimer ($1.800m)
We believe we have a solid roster that can definitely compete in the playoffs, and we still have Winnipegs first round pick. The Calgary trade was definitely a loss, but we felt we needed a defenseman like Giordano to pair with Phaneuf, and Tanguay adds invaluable veteran experience along with solid top 6 playmaking skills.
We're still looking to add some pieces, as we have over $4.5mil in cap space.
Everyone is available to a degree (except Huberdeau & Couturier). I value my youth but they aren't untouchable in the right deal.
- Scottie Upshall: would look for a contract-for-contract type swap.
- Tomas Fleischmann: doubtful I'll deal him. Would want a 1st and/or prospect coming back
- Tomas Kopecky: 2nd + prospect or 1st gets him.
- Marcel Goc: best offer was a young defenseman. Otherwise, a 2nd gets the conversation going.
- Jerred Smithson: 4th/comparable prospect for the veteran 4th line center.
- Filip Kuba: 3rd/4th pick gets him
- Scott Clemmensen: may keep as backup. But he's a veteran backup for any team looking.
Open to discussion. Inquire about someone and we'll see if theres a deal to be made.
- Looking for a tough middle-aged or veteran LH defenseman to pair/mentor Gudbranson.
- Would like to bolster my defense prospect crop.
- Interested in picks in 2013.