Send down Miller, Kreider, Fasth.
I think Ott will cost too much and Buffalo likes him. Doubt he moves.
Originally Posted by t3hg00se
Would love Nystrom here, hits a ton, PK's, drops em, and won't cost much. He's been solid on the PK with Fiddler all year, creates a good amount of shorthanded opportunities. If we're moving Boyle, Nystrom should be brought in for sure.
Nystrom has very good speed. He would be a good addition.
I don't think Glencross gets moved until Calgary has some color on a potential Kiprusoff to Leafs deal. If Kip gets traded and the Sens are still interested in Glencross, moving him to Ottawa makes sense if Bishop is involved.
Kreider not being a center is killing him right now lol. Miller needs to go down and work on his game.
I think if the Rangers don't make their moves tonight they are just stupid. They have two big games this week. Pittsburgh does not have Crosby. They added more grit with vets like Iginla, Morrow, and Murray. We need a better more experienced bottom 6 to beat up on them.
Just as a note, Curtis Glencross has 14 goals so far this season. On the Rangers, that would be tops on the team. In the previous two seasons, he has scored 24 and 26. He knows how to put it in the net. Anyone suggesting that he would be a 4th liner on this team is seriously underestimating his offensive abilities.
I haven't seen any Glencross to NYR rumors, is this speculation?
5. The Flames are not done. They will discuss anyone not named Sven Baertschi. They have told pursuers they prefer to keep Mark Giordano and Curtis Glencross, although teams are asking about them, so you never know. The New York Rangers and Ottawa Senators, in particular, are believed to be big Glencross fans. Sooner or later, maybe Calgary gets an offer it cannot refuse.
wow.....just looked at his stats. Hes 30 years old ( far from over the hill ), i'd take a shot on him if it doesnt cost much. I would have to say he is having an off year......or just not playing with quality line mates??? 6'2, 225 lbs.....im in !
58 16 18 34
15 3 5 8
71 22 30 52
82 19 38 57
75 24 38 62
76 17 28 45
28 0 11 11 ( 12' -13' )
I tend to agree. As I think I recall reading what someone else said in another thread... I like the idea of Clowe. There are several problems though:
- SJS has a fairly steep asking price for a guy that's currently just a rental.
- He's having a pretty brutal season.
- He's not old by any means, but is getting close to the period of his career where guys who play his type of game could have nagging injury problems. And he's currently recovering from/playing through one now.
- IF we want him for more than just a rental, his rumored asking price for a contract is a pretty brutal cap hit for the role he'd likely fill (I think I recall somewhere in the range of ~$5 mill per).
I'd be game to take a risk on him, but only if SJS were to lower their asking price and the $5 mil per yr contract rumor was not accurate.
Although Clowe’s production leaves something to be desired -- the 30-year-old winger has yet to score his first goal of the season -- the Rangers like his gritty style of play. That’s been an element conspicuously absent from the Rangers' game of late with the Blueshirts sorely missing some of the more rugged and versatile middle-of-the-lineup players that bolstered their lineup last season.
Clowe’s four-year, $14.5 million expires at the end of this season, but he does not necessarily have to be a true rental. He may prefer to go to a club with which there is a good opportunity to re-sign, a possibility the Rangers are open to as well.