HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Moncton Wildcats

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2013, 08:13 AM
  #701
radapex
Registered User
 
radapex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada, Eh
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,130
vCash: 50
Anyone know what Jaskin's injury is/was and whether he'll be ready to return for/by playoffs?

radapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:54 PM
  #702
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by radapex View Post
Anyone know what Jaskin's injury is/was and whether he'll be ready to return for/by playoffs?
It was a shoulder injury but not serious. I spoke with him and he said he was sitting out for precautionary reasons. He's playing tonight in Bathurst and scored Moncton's lone first period goal. Allain Saulnier is also back from injury.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:09 PM
  #703
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,846
vCash: 500
2013-2014 lineup ?

Dubeau
FA

Melindy(20) Emond(20)
Sweeney Wood
McCabe Johnston (Garrett)
Mann

Lalonde Barbashev(Euro) Euro
Johnston Penny Garland
Tremaine Johnson Batt
Haas Pugsley Simpson
Bradley Hynes

I think we'll pick up a 20-year old forward for cheap.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:01 PM
  #704
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,121
vCash: 500
Did you anticipate the futures ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:46 PM
  #705
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Lalonde - Penny - Euro/20
Johnston - Johnson - Garland
Tremaine - Pugsley - Batt

Tremaine - Barbashev(E) - Euro
Simpson - Penny - Garland
Haas - Johnson - Batt

I think we'll pick up a 20-year old forward for cheap.
There are futures to Victo. The above rosters seem to be your two options at this point.


Quote:
I think we'll pick up a 20-year old forward for cheap.
Want Dom Beauchemin? Moose can't use him but he's more than a capable top 6 player. 33 points and 15 goals I believe, and that's not his team bumping his stats because he's mainly been playing 4th line minutes with Lindsay or MacAulay ... Great wrist shot, hard worker, seems to be a good fit for you guys ... Cheap and not contending.

Could give you an option for the 1st line if Johnston/Lalonde are gone.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:33 PM
  #706
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,121
vCash: 500
Flynn is officially out.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:29 PM
  #707
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Flynn is officially out.
As coach , remains director of hockey operations in a full-time postion(GM).

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:36 PM
  #708
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
As coach , remains director of hockey operations in a full-time postion(GM).
Well well then... Not sure I support that decision.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:01 AM
  #709
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Well well then... Not sure I support that decision.
no kidding....we'll keep you as GM, and let some other fool coach the disfunctional bunch you put together for next year.

He put the team together, that couldnt get it done.... did he do that great a job as a GM?

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:06 AM
  #710
NBHockey
finish your checks
 
NBHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
no kidding....we'll keep you as GM, and let some other fool coach the disfunctional bunch you put together for next year.

He put the team together, that couldnt get it done.... did he do that great a job as a GM?
Could it be possible that its the position he has until he lands a new job or do you see that as a permenant thing?

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:41 AM
  #711
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
Could it be possible that its the position he has until he lands a new job or do you see that as a permenant thing?
I'm just guessing. He has a year left on his contract. He did the same thing a few yrs ago when Darryl young was "relieved" of his duties.

Kept him for the duration of his contract , and then parted ways.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:49 AM
  #712
NBHockey
finish your checks
 
NBHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
I'm just guessing. He has a year left on his contract. He did the same thing a few yrs ago when Darryl young was "relieved" of his duties.

Kept him for the duration of his contract , and then parted ways.
Thanks,

So who do we all see as a front runners for the job?

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:05 AM
  #713
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
Thanks,

So who do we all see as a front runners for the job?
Gardiner MacDougall from UNB

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:11 AM
  #714
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
Fabian Joseph

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:12 AM
  #715
NBHockey
finish your checks
 
NBHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Gardiner MacDougall from UNB
You're the second person to say that. I heard it at the rink last week and posted his name but no one picked up on it.

What makes you think that?

Can't argue with his record, and he is undoubtedly one of the best recruiters out there, at least for CIS.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:40 AM
  #716
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
Fabian Joseph
If it were Fabian , I think they would have immidiately named him coach. Neil Hodge reported the Wildcats will actively be searching for a new coach. If they do name Fabian in a couple of months, it'll look like he was last resort. I hoped they'd give him a shot. He's a great guy and more than capable.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:06 PM
  #717
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
You're the second person to say that. I heard it at the rink last week and posted his name but no one picked up on it.

What makes you think that?

Can't argue with his record, and he is undoubtedly one of the best recruiters out there, at least for CIS.
There's been rumours he's already been contacted by RKI. MacDougall was interviewed by the local paper and he said he has a good thing going at UNB and hasn't made plans to move to major junior but he has a lot of respect for the Wildcats organization and RKI. Guy Boucher has been another candidate.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:39 PM
  #718
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
If it were Fabian , I think they would have immidiately named him coach. Neil Hodge reported the Wildcats will actively be searching for a new coach. If they do name Fabian in a couple of months, it'll look like he was last resort. I hoped they'd give him a shot. He's a great guy and more than capable.
well, first of all, it shows how minimized Danny Flynn will be in the new organization. how many teams where the GM doesnt get to pick his coach? I would think that jumping out and naming Fabian without knowing what's out there, and putting feelers out to people like MacDougall and Boucher would just not be like Irving. I would think he wants to turn every possible stone out there.

I'm sure if Fabian wants to be a head coach, it will be discussed at the appropriate time. Keep in mind he is paid more than most head coaches in the league. There is plenty of incentive to be patient throughout the process if your Mr. Joseph.

Personally, unless Macdougall is ready to retire in a few years, i dont see him making the jump. He has an excellent program, winning program, job safety, he loves recruiting and is very good at it, dont discount the fact he is coaching his son, etc...etc. Did i say job safety

And, he would know that he is coming into a full and complete rebuild that includes very little quality veterans coming back. There are a few, but not many , and no big tickets to restock the cupboards quickly (a la Gormley). Very few draft picks to work with....for them to start another stretch of 5-6 competitive years, they will need a rebuild that will take 4-5 years. They will basically have to do what Baie Comeau did the past 5 years, and Shawinigan is doing now. The difference with them is they wont have any problems attracting top draft picks and Europeans which could expedite the rebuild somewhat, however, the argument could be made that BC are better now having gotten the players and picks for Mackinnon versus if they would have kept him.

You never know what Macdougall is thinking, only he knows....but i would think unless he has a 4-5yr contract that comes with the job, that he stays at UNB. I predict a coach that will be there a couple years through the worst of times and then they will bring in a big gun to make another run at the elusive Mem Cup!... NHL coach, MacDougall, someone with a winning pedigree or pro coach.

IMO

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:53 PM
  #719
NBHockey
finish your checks
 
NBHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
well, first of all, it shows how minimized Danny Flynn will be in the new organization. how many teams where the GM doesnt get to pick his coach? I would think that jumping out and naming Fabian without knowing what's out there, and putting feelers out to people like MacDougall and Boucher would just not be like Irving. I would think he wants to turn every possible stone out there.

I'm sure if Fabian wants to be a head coach, it will be discussed at the appropriate time. Keep in mind he is paid more than most head coaches in the league. There is plenty of incentive to be patient throughout the process if your Mr. Joseph.

Personally, unless Macdougall is ready to retire in a few years, i dont see him making the jump. He has an excellent program, winning program, job safety, he loves recruiting and is very good at it, dont discount the fact he is coaching his son, etc...etc. Did i say job safety

And, he would know that he is coming into a full and complete rebuild that includes very little quality veterans coming back. There are a few, but not many , and no big tickets to restock the cupboards quickly (a la Gormley). Very few draft picks to work with....for them to start another stretch of 5-6 competitive years, they will need a rebuild that will take 4-5 years. They will basically have to do what Baie Comeau did the past 5 years, and Shawinigan is doing now. The difference with them is they wont have any problems attracting top draft picks and Europeans which could expedite the rebuild somewhat, however, the argument could be made that BC are better now having gotten the players and picks for Mackinnon versus if they would have kept him.

You never know what Macdougall is thinking, only he knows....but i would think unless he has a 4-5yr contract that comes with the job, that he stays at UNB. I predict a coach that will be there a couple years through the worst of times and then they will bring in a big gun to make another run at the elusive Mem Cup!... NHL coach, MacDougall, someone with a winning pedigree or pro coach.

IMO
Great post!

One thing has changed for MacDougall.. they put a new rule in that he can only have a 23 man roster after a certain date. I don't know the man personally, but I certainly respect his ability to produce top flight programs. His connection with Roger Shannon also makes me think IF he were considering a Major Junior move, the timing and the program (Moncton) make a lot of sense.

Guy Boucher wouldn't be a bad pick and of course Fabian also. Will be interesting to see who shakes out, lets hope they fix our team

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:58 PM
  #720
Buggie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Gardiner has to good of a thing to pass up in CIS plus his Vreds program(can make money)...what about guy chouinard??? I think Joseph will be on the move if he isnt made head coach then he will move somewheres were he can be because he deserves it....besides I dont think Major Junior is a good fit for MacDougalls style

Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:28 PM
  #721
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,846
vCash: 500
If Flynn had a choice in the new coach , besides Fabian , I think Guy Boucher would be among his top choices. Very smart , tactical , young coach with experience.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:05 PM
  #722
ZombieRegDunlop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Had a conversation in March with someone which leads me to believe that MacDougall will be staying at UNB.....specifically a recruiting class coming up that is suppose to be jaw-dropping.

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
  #723
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRegDunlop View Post
Had a conversation in March with someone which leads me to believe that MacDougall will be staying at UNB.....specifically a recruiting class coming up that is suppose to be jaw-dropping.
Which dosn't surprise me to say the least. I doubt he comes to Moncton , I only mentioned him because he's rumoured to have been contacted by RKI. I'd consider him a long shot candidate.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
  #724
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
If Flynn had a choice in the new coach , besides Fabian , I think Guy Boucher would be among his top choices. Very smart , tactical , young coach with experience.
Boucher is not coming back to junior to coach a rebuilding team. Especially while still having a yr left on his deal....

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:51 PM
  #725
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
Boucher is not coming back to junior to coach a rebuilding team. Especially while still having a yr left on his deal....
I can't see why he wouldn't keep busy while he awaits another pro gig.Rebuild year or not , it's a job. i.e John Torchetti...

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.