HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Moncton Wildcats

Old
03-17-2013, 08:13 AM
radapex

vCash: 50
Anyone know what Jaskin's injury is/was and whether he'll be ready to return for/by playoffs?

radapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:54 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by radapex View Post
Anyone know what Jaskin's injury is/was and whether he'll be ready to return for/by playoffs?
It was a shoulder injury but not serious. I spoke with him and he said he was sitting out for precautionary reasons. He's playing tonight in Bathurst and scored Moncton's lone first period goal. Allain Saulnier is also back from injury.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:09 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

2013-2014 lineup ?

Dubeau
FA

Melindy(20) Emond(20)
Sweeney Wood
McCabe Johnston (Garrett)
Mann

Lalonde Barbashev(Euro) Euro
Johnston Penny Garland
Tremaine Johnson Batt
Haas Pugsley Simpson
Bradley Hynes

I think we'll pick up a 20-year old forward for cheap.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:01 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Did you anticipate the futures ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:46 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Lalonde - Penny - Euro/20
Johnston - Johnson - Garland
Tremaine - Pugsley - Batt

Tremaine - Barbashev(E) - Euro
Simpson - Penny - Garland
Haas - Johnson - Batt

There are futures to Victo. The above rosters seem to be your two options at this point.

Quote:
Want Dom Beauchemin? Moose can't use him but he's more than a capable top 6 player. 33 points and 15 goals I believe, and that's not his team bumping his stats because he's mainly been playing 4th line minutes with Lindsay or MacAulay ... Great wrist shot, hard worker, seems to be a good fit for you guys ... Cheap and not contending.

Could give you an option for the 1st line if Johnston/Lalonde are gone.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:33 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Flynn is officially out.

Old
04-01-2013, 09:29 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Flynn is officially out.
As coach , remains director of hockey operations in a full-time postion(GM).

Old
04-01-2013, 10:36 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
As coach , remains director of hockey operations in a full-time postion(GM).
Well well then... Not sure I support that decision.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:01 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Well well then... Not sure I support that decision.
no kidding....we'll keep you as GM, and let some other fool coach the disfunctional bunch you put together for next year.

He put the team together, that couldnt get it done.... did he do that great a job as a GM?

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:06 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
no kidding....we'll keep you as GM, and let some other fool coach the disfunctional bunch you put together for next year.

He put the team together, that couldnt get it done.... did he do that great a job as a GM?
Could it be possible that its the position he has until he lands a new job or do you see that as a permenant thing?

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:41 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
Could it be possible that its the position he has until he lands a new job or do you see that as a permenant thing?
I'm just guessing. He has a year left on his contract. He did the same thing a few yrs ago when Darryl young was "relieved" of his duties.

Kept him for the duration of his contract , and then parted ways.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:49 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
I'm just guessing. He has a year left on his contract. He did the same thing a few yrs ago when Darryl young was "relieved" of his duties.

Kept him for the duration of his contract , and then parted ways.
Thanks,

So who do we all see as a front runners for the job?

Old
04-02-2013, 11:05 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Thanks,

So who do we all see as a front runners for the job?
Gardiner MacDougall from UNB

Old
04-02-2013, 11:11 AM
ClemQ

Fabian Joseph

Old
04-02-2013, 11:12 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Gardiner MacDougall from UNB
You're the second person to say that. I heard it at the rink last week and posted his name but no one picked up on it.

What makes you think that?

Can't argue with his record, and he is undoubtedly one of the best recruiters out there, at least for CIS.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:40 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Fabian Joseph
If it were Fabian , I think they would have immidiately named him coach. Neil Hodge reported the Wildcats will actively be searching for a new coach. If they do name Fabian in a couple of months, it'll look like he was last resort. I hoped they'd give him a shot. He's a great guy and more than capable.

Old
04-02-2013, 12:06 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
You're the second person to say that. I heard it at the rink last week and posted his name but no one picked up on it.

What makes you think that?

Can't argue with his record, and he is undoubtedly one of the best recruiters out there, at least for CIS.
There's been rumours he's already been contacted by RKI. MacDougall was interviewed by the local paper and he said he has a good thing going at UNB and hasn't made plans to move to major junior but he has a lot of respect for the Wildcats organization and RKI. Guy Boucher has been another candidate.

Old
04-02-2013, 12:39 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
If it were Fabian , I think they would have immidiately named him coach. Neil Hodge reported the Wildcats will actively be searching for a new coach. If they do name Fabian in a couple of months, it'll look like he was last resort. I hoped they'd give him a shot. He's a great guy and more than capable.
well, first of all, it shows how minimized Danny Flynn will be in the new organization. how many teams where the GM doesnt get to pick his coach? I would think that jumping out and naming Fabian without knowing what's out there, and putting feelers out to people like MacDougall and Boucher would just not be like Irving. I would think he wants to turn every possible stone out there.

I'm sure if Fabian wants to be a head coach, it will be discussed at the appropriate time. Keep in mind he is paid more than most head coaches in the league. There is plenty of incentive to be patient throughout the process if your Mr. Joseph.

Personally, unless Macdougall is ready to retire in a few years, i dont see him making the jump. He has an excellent program, winning program, job safety, he loves recruiting and is very good at it, dont discount the fact he is coaching his son, etc...etc. Did i say job safety

And, he would know that he is coming into a full and complete rebuild that includes very little quality veterans coming back. There are a few, but not many , and no big tickets to restock the cupboards quickly (a la Gormley). Very few draft picks to work with....for them to start another stretch of 5-6 competitive years, they will need a rebuild that will take 4-5 years. They will basically have to do what Baie Comeau did the past 5 years, and Shawinigan is doing now. The difference with them is they wont have any problems attracting top draft picks and Europeans which could expedite the rebuild somewhat, however, the argument could be made that BC are better now having gotten the players and picks for Mackinnon versus if they would have kept him.

You never know what Macdougall is thinking, only he knows....but i would think unless he has a 4-5yr contract that comes with the job, that he stays at UNB. I predict a coach that will be there a couple years through the worst of times and then they will bring in a big gun to make another run at the elusive Mem Cup!... NHL coach, MacDougall, someone with a winning pedigree or pro coach.

IMO

Old
04-02-2013, 12:53 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
well, first of all, it shows how minimized Danny Flynn will be in the new organization. how many teams where the GM doesnt get to pick his coach? I would think that jumping out and naming Fabian without knowing what's out there, and putting feelers out to people like MacDougall and Boucher would just not be like Irving. I would think he wants to turn every possible stone out there.

I'm sure if Fabian wants to be a head coach, it will be discussed at the appropriate time. Keep in mind he is paid more than most head coaches in the league. There is plenty of incentive to be patient throughout the process if your Mr. Joseph.

Personally, unless Macdougall is ready to retire in a few years, i dont see him making the jump. He has an excellent program, winning program, job safety, he loves recruiting and is very good at it, dont discount the fact he is coaching his son, etc...etc. Did i say job safety

And, he would know that he is coming into a full and complete rebuild that includes very little quality veterans coming back. There are a few, but not many , and no big tickets to restock the cupboards quickly (a la Gormley). Very few draft picks to work with....for them to start another stretch of 5-6 competitive years, they will need a rebuild that will take 4-5 years. They will basically have to do what Baie Comeau did the past 5 years, and Shawinigan is doing now. The difference with them is they wont have any problems attracting top draft picks and Europeans which could expedite the rebuild somewhat, however, the argument could be made that BC are better now having gotten the players and picks for Mackinnon versus if they would have kept him.

You never know what Macdougall is thinking, only he knows....but i would think unless he has a 4-5yr contract that comes with the job, that he stays at UNB. I predict a coach that will be there a couple years through the worst of times and then they will bring in a big gun to make another run at the elusive Mem Cup!... NHL coach, MacDougall, someone with a winning pedigree or pro coach.

IMO
Great post!

One thing has changed for MacDougall.. they put a new rule in that he can only have a 23 man roster after a certain date. I don't know the man personally, but I certainly respect his ability to produce top flight programs. His connection with Roger Shannon also makes me think IF he were considering a Major Junior move, the timing and the program (Moncton) make a lot of sense.

Guy Boucher wouldn't be a bad pick and of course Fabian also. Will be interesting to see who shakes out, lets hope they fix our team

Old
04-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Buggie

Gardiner has to good of a thing to pass up in CIS plus his Vreds program(can make money)...what about guy chouinard??? I think Joseph will be on the move if he isnt made head coach then he will move somewheres were he can be because he deserves it....besides I dont think Major Junior is a good fit for MacDougalls style

Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:28 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

If Flynn had a choice in the new coach , besides Fabian , I think Guy Boucher would be among his top choices. Very smart , tactical , young coach with experience.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:05 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Had a conversation in March with someone which leads me to believe that MacDougall will be staying at UNB.....specifically a recruiting class coming up that is suppose to be jaw-dropping.

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRegDunlop View Post
Had a conversation in March with someone which leads me to believe that MacDougall will be staying at UNB.....specifically a recruiting class coming up that is suppose to be jaw-dropping.
Which dosn't surprise me to say the least. I doubt he comes to Moncton , I only mentioned him because he's rumoured to have been contacted by RKI. I'd consider him a long shot candidate.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
If Flynn had a choice in the new coach , besides Fabian , I think Guy Boucher would be among his top choices. Very smart , tactical , young coach with experience.
Boucher is not coming back to junior to coach a rebuilding team. Especially while still having a yr left on his deal....

Old
04-02-2013, 03:51 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Boucher is not coming back to junior to coach a rebuilding team. Especially while still having a yr left on his deal....
I can't see why he wouldn't keep busy while he awaits another pro gig.Rebuild year or not , it's a job. i.e John Torchetti...