Notices

Sammy left?

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2003, 05:28 PM
KC23

vCash: 500
Sammy left?

I just got back from the PRovidence Bruins game. Rumor has it that Sergei left the team and went back to Russia. Not quite sure what happened, but supposingly he had a tiff with someone. Sorry for not having the details.

Old
12-26-2003, 05:34 PM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC23
I just got back from the PRovidence Bruins game. Rumor has it that Sergei left the team and went back to Russia. Not quite sure what happened, but supposingly he had a tiff with someone. Sorry for not having the details.
Are you sure whoever you heard this from didn't mean Sergei Zinovjev?

It seems doubtful that Sergei Samsonov would go back to Russia since most (if not all) of his family is here in the States, and his wife is American.... just doesn't sound right to me.

Old
12-26-2003, 05:48 PM
KC23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Are you sure whoever you heard this from didn't mean Sergei Zinovjev?

It seems doubtful that Sergei Samsonov would go back to Russia since most (if not all) of his family is here in the States, and his wife is American.... just doesn't sound right to me.
I thought it was strange as well when I heard it. I thought they were talking about zino as well. (I asked if they meant zino, they said no) So I asked one of the sales guy if it was Sammy....He said he went back. (There were alot of people talking about it, maybe a large group of people, and the sales guys had it confused...who knows)

Old
12-26-2003, 05:55 PM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
All this confusion is giving me a headache!!!

Old
12-26-2003, 06:00 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

This had better be some kind of sick yuletide joke...

Old
12-26-2003, 07:57 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe
This had better be some kind of sick yuletide joke...
agreed...WTF??

Old
12-26-2003, 08:23 PM
DBL

I can believe he went back to Russia, maybe for a couple days or so since he is injuried, possibly to see his family that lives there (if they do, I dunno) and friends.

What I find hard to believe is he left because he got into a tiff with someone on the team. Sounds like something made up, like the news came out without a reason given for him leaving and someone decided to just make that up. Has far has we know there could be 10 other storys about why Sammy left, if he even did.

I guess if he did leave though, we'd find out this morning and why he left...

Honestly I hope this is a joke... all this team needs is another top player on the Bruins wanting to leave the team. Seems to happen every year.

Old
12-27-2003, 02:19 AM
KC23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowL
I can believe he went back to Russia, maybe for a couple days or so since he is injuried, possibly to see his family that lives there (if they do, I dunno) and friends.

What I find hard to believe is he left because he got into a tiff with someone on the team. Sounds like something made up, like the news came out without a reason given for him leaving and someone decided to just make that up. Has far has we know there could be 10 other storys about why Sammy left, if he even did.

I guess if he did leave though, we'd find out this morning and why he left...

Honestly I hope this is a joke... all this team needs is another top player on the Bruins wanting to leave the team. Seems to happen every year.
I thought it was weird myself. And too reply to the others I hope it was some kind of joke. But there seemed to be a lot of people talking about it. I hope it is wrong too!

Old
12-27-2003, 02:25 AM
HockeyGoddess

He practiced with the team yesterday and accompanied them on their trip to Tampa, although he won't play until next week, according to the Boston Herald...

Odd... very odd indeed.

It seems highly uncharacteristic of Sergei Samsonov to just up and go off to Russia, on top of the fact that his family is pretty much all here in the States.

Old
12-27-2003, 02:26 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC23
I thought it was weird myself. And too reply to the others I hope it was some kind of joke. But there seemed to be a lot of people talking about it. I hope it is wrong too!
This article from yesterday's Globe indicates that Samsonov is travelling with the team, so the rumor has no foundation:
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/..._truly_missed/

Old
12-27-2003, 02:33 AM
KC23

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
This article from yesterday's Globe indicates that Samsonov is travelling with the team, so the rumor has no foundation:
I just read the same article. I am glad to be wrong. Don't know where this got started, but there were lots of people talking about it last night.

Old
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
And this from today's Globe:

Sergei Samsonov, who continues to rehab a left knee sprain, was going to stay home to work out but he couldn't find ice time in the Boston area, so he was going to make the two-game trip. Samsonov participated in much of yesterday's workout but estimated that he's about a week away from returning. "He's getting there but he's not quite at a point where he feels comfortable to be with us full time," said Sullivan. "That was really the first test. He's been skating on his own with [strength coach] John Whitesides but we put him in some line rushes . . . so today was his real first test and we'll see how it responds. At this point, you go from week to week to day to day and I think we're closer to the day to day." Samsonov said he was encouraged, particularly in terms of conditioning. "I'm not ready to play yet," he said. "Skating with the team and doing certain drills, at least I can test what feels good and what doesn't." Samsonov was wearing a knee brace when he got injured and he thinks it prevented him from suffering a more significant injury to the medial collateral ligament. "I think if I didn't have it, it could've been worse," he said . . .

Old
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Maybe he was humming I'll be home for Christmas Samsonov is about as Americanized as you can get and his wife is from Michigan. He's here for the remainder and his language is outstanding. All he needs to do is shoot the puck and get back with Joe and presto- star.

Old
12-27-2003, 04:12 AM
Pierce34*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
All he needs to do is shoot the puck and get back with Joe and presto- star.
Yeah but Sullivan is too big of a loser to make it happen.

Old
12-27-2003, 04:18 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce34
What? Why is he a loser? I really dont care what you think of him either way, but if you are going to throw out statements you should consider backing them up with some (possibly well thought out) analysis.

Old
12-27-2003, 04:50 AM
SToMper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
What? Why is he a loser? I really dont care what you think of him either way, but if you are going to throw out statements you should consider backing them up with some (possibly well thought out) analysis.
There's no way you(not you, Bruinz, just "you" in general) can call Sullivan a loser. If anything he TRIES TOO HARD to be a winner. From what I see he's more of the THEO EPSTEIN analytical type of coach. I could see him having trouble trying to injecting the Jaggerian Emotional Rescue these guys need.
His strategy and smarts for the game are terrific, but a little Keenan-esque mind-game and rah-rah could help too.
I remember Iron Mike talking during one of his colorful post-game conferences about the lack of emotion and pride in wearing that B on the chest and he seemed lost at how to get these guys to see and "feel" anything about it.

Old
12-27-2003, 05:25 AM
Pierce34*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
I call him a loser because that's my perception of him. The way he just stands there behind the bench refusing to do anything or mix things up as this team tanks game after game without any emotion. He's the reason Zino is back in Siberia. His postgame comments are the same crap after every loss ("we played a good game, maybe we'll win next time"). He plays people at inappropriate times for which they are not suited. He favors the wrong players many times giving them ice time they don't deserve.

To me he's another Kasper (ie. a loser). I'd take Keenan or Burns over a useless Sullivan any day.

Old
12-27-2003, 05:44 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce34
have to disagree- as someone who goes to games with a guy who captained same HS team with Sullivan and hangs with some of his friends and has met him he is as fine a person as you would want to meet. Poor comment- maybe he'll fail as a coach but as a person he's a winner and thats more important to me than wins and losses in a sport.

Old
12-27-2003, 06:30 AM
Magnus Fulgur

Sully

I know nothing of what Sully does in the lockeroom or in practices. I do now that I hate his body language on the bench and his demeanor/tone in interviews. I'm okay with the quiet cool type, but Sully is obviously mopey, insecure, and defensive. Maybe he's doing great behind the scenes, but I've seen nothing publicly to point that way. My impression leaves me to have no faith in him whatsoever. He wants the team to skate. Great. He should give them a reason, a purpose to skate. You just can't tell guys to skate...Grosek, Green and McCarthy skate great out there...that doesn' do a thing for us. Moran's flying around...so what. Berard could sure hustle, too. The truth may be that he's running the team the best that he (or anyone) possibly can. I wouldn't call him a "loser" but he's acting or appearing like a loser. FWIW, Paul Maurice does the Sully/Kasper pout alot too...but he'd still have this arrogant heads-up strength behind it too.

Last edited by Magnus Fulgur: 12-27-2003 at 07:27 AM.
Closed Thread