HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Edmonton Oilers vs Calgary Random Prospects [Apr 3.2013]

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Asher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
If Kipprusoff plays we likely win. If MacDonald plays... Hmm.
Kipper? I didn't know the next game was vs. the Leafs!

Old
04-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

CP is hilarious. So many of them want Drouin first over all. I kind of hope they do that.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:47 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
If we want to make the playoffs the 3 games against the Flames and Avs are simply must haves. I hope the Oilers don't get too high on themselves and take those nights off.
Just need Hall to continue to take the bull by the horns.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:49 AM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Someone should figure out what our record is since the Brown trade
7-4-3

Included the absolute stinker against Nashville (6-0) and the gargantuan effort against Vancity.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
CP is hilarious. So many of them want Drouin first over all. I kind of hope they do that.
Maybe someone should remind them they don't believe in tanking.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
You mean the small finesse winger that they claim the Oilers are so full of, and bash us for it?
Ya I hope they get him.

Dumbass hippo-crites like their GM.

WE WILL NEVER TANK AND REBUILD LIKE THE OILERS lol

Old
04-02-2013, 12:24 PM
McNutty780

IMO, there's nothing this team can do this season to make them (or give them any reason to be) OVER confident in what they are doing.

They've been outright humiliated numerous times this season (the peak of all that during the road trip), been booed off the ice by the fans, and I'm sure they all know what the media and fans think of their inconsistency time and time again.

No rational, sane person on earth would EVER take this 4 win streak for granted.

That being said, the danger is a slip up in their confidence. They really have to believe that they can pull this off. Winning definitely helps that, but it's just so fragile right now. If we drop one or two games against calgary this week or whatever, that may be too much to recover from.

Everyone might be nervous and jittery right now, and TBH it's just going to get more and more intense the more you win. This game doesnt give you anything, you have to take it. I believe the sense of humility is there, but it also needs a dose of confidence in our ability as a team to get the job done.

Old
04-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNutty780 View Post
IMO, there's nothing this team can do this season to make them (or give them any reason to be) OVER confident in what they are doing.

They've been outright humiliated numerous times this season (the peak of all that during the road trip), been booed off the ice by the fans, and I'm sure they all know what the media and fans think of their inconsistency time and time again.

No rational, sane person on earth would EVER take this 4 win streak for granted.

That being said, the danger is a slip up in their confidence. They really have to believe that they can pull this off. Winning definitely helps that, but it's just so fragile right now. If we drop one or two games against calgary this week or whatever, that may be too much to recover from.

Everyone might be nervous and jittery right now, and TBH it's just going to get more and more intense the more you win. This game doesnt give you anything, you have to take it. I believe the sense of humility is there, but it also needs a dose of confidence in our ability as a team to get the job done.
I agree.

We are playing a game of Jenga now... We are winning and a lot of the blocks are missing.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Dabomb

Feels so good to be on the other side of this Battle of Alberta, fighting for a playoff spot while Calgary is now the team playing spoilers. Its gonna be interesting to see the Flames fan support during this rebuild and see if they can support a last place team as well as Edmonton has.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:29 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Maybe someone should remind them they don't believe in tanking.
That was then, this is now. They've done a 180.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:32 PM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
That was then, this is now. They've done a 180.
Gee, imagine that, hypocrisy in Flameland...

Old
04-02-2013, 02:43 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

Looking for another strong outing by the Oilers. Flames play better on home ice and I'm sure they still have some BOA pride so even though large chunks of their roster are disappearing daily... this won't be a gimme game for the Oilers.

Oilers need the same effort (or better) that they had last game. Hopefully Dubnyk has another solid game and it will be interesting what moves the Oilers and Flames make in the next ~24 hours. The rosters obviously could look much different than what we see now.

Interesting thought... if the Oilers had lost the last 4 instead of won them... they'd be sitting with 29 pts... 1 pt out of the basement in the West and overall in the NHL.

If that were the case I think we'd very likely see Whitney/Hemsky/Khabi all being moved (and maybe even several more moves)... but seeing as they are right in the hunt it's probably a case where Mactamblowe will stand pat and see if this team can squeeze in.

Amazing how a short win/loss streak can completely change the complexion and future of a team.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:45 PM
scid14

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNutty780 View Post

Great post, pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. This is going to be a tough end to the season and no one can be taken lightly, the effort, finish, and luck has to always be there.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:07 PM
MetaOil1993

vCash: 450
Wonder if Lander plays? If he isn't then he should be in OKC. IMO Smyth has been playing better lately but he shouldn't be playing every game.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
Wonder if Lander plays? If he isn't then he should be in OKC. IMO Smyth has been playing better lately but he shouldn't be playing every game.
Lander will get one of the games, atleast, you don't want Smyth trying to go back to back.

Old
04-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1300
how much vcash to bet on the oilers next game. do I go all in?

Old
04-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

First 2 posts of this thread... Gold

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=111837

Old
04-02-2013, 03:45 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

i made an account there so i can talk "hockey" with them during these tough times

Old
04-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Wish I could... All my accounts are destroyed. Even my fake Flame fan account lol

Old
04-02-2013, 03:57 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
If we end up finishing 9th and winning the draft lottery, I'm booking that day off work to be on CP all day long. hahaha

Old
04-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
If we end up finishing 9th and winning the draft lottery, I'm booking that day off work to be on CP all day long. hahaha
HFboards would explode, too.

the entertainment factor would be through the roof!

If the Oilers don't make it in, it's a good dream to have.

Old
04-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
moot point.

happened around the same time as the horcoff return, which has made a huge difference.

brown is more coincidence (he is an upgrade on eager and hordichuck though)
He made us a team who now has the minimum facial hair threshold to win. Horcoff doesn't bring that level of hairy depth.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
He made us a team who now has the minimum facial hair threshold to win. Horcoff doesn't bring that level of hairy depth.
thats true, we should also acquire zannon to improve our facial hair coeffecient from 22 to 8th in the league.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:21 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Hey guys, Leafs fan coming in peace.

How's Mike Brown been for you guys so far? I noticed today that Yakupov's twitter picture is of Brownie scrapping, so I'm guessing at least the guys in the Oilers dressing room like him
I didn't notice that... Yakupov is awesome.

Nails current Twitter profile picture :

Old
04-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Lewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
thats true, we should also acquire zannon to improve our facial hair coeffecient from 22 to 8th in the league.
Zanon's facial fungus could catapult us up into that coveted #1 spot.

Closed Thread