HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gardiner and 2013 1st for Flyers 2013 1st+?

Old
04-02-2013, 04:40 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

vCash: 500
I see the potential in Gards and Couts being similar.

A second along with Jake would likely get it done (If both were in talks, about the two players) but a 1st with lower picks added on the other side; looks all too sweet on this site. That is why i proposed it.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:43 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

From Bolts...

Connolly + Panik + 4th

For

Gardiner

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:46 PM
TorontoTrades

Couts + Simmonds

for

Gardiner + Bozak + 1st + prospect

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:47 PM
JayRosehillforMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post

A second along with Jake would likely get it done (If both were in talks, about the two players) but a 1st with lower picks added on the other side; looks all too sweet on this site. That is why i proposed it.
Agreed. Who doesn't love the sight of a 1st round pick?

JayRosehillforMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:54 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Flyers can't score goal and they will trade one of their primary scoring for years to come? How does it make sense?
Not trying to play devil's advocate but Gardiner is scoring at a similiar pace to Couturier. Point is that Gardiner is really good offensive player himself and could certainly be considered 'primary scoring' in the future. I'd argue that while Gardiner has some work to do defensively, Couturier has work to do offensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caius Merlyn View Post
It's somewhat amusing that now that the leafs have traded away luke schenn he is exactly the player that they need.

He's a hard hitting dman that shoots right handed I believe and would work great with phaneuf.

Brayden schenn would also make a great 1/2 punch with kadri down the middle if the Leafs could move grabovski out...

Funny how things go sometimes.

All in jest of course.
Don't you think we would have played him there more often while he was here if it were such a good idea? Schenn was slow on his feet and in his head while he was here and a terrible partner for Dion, who fits a similiar description.

GordieHoweHatTrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:57 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
From Bolts...

Connolly + Panik + 4th

For

Gardiner
It's been brought up before (I think), but a scoring winger (or two) is not what the Leafs need. Would rather just keep Gardiner. We're not trying to sell him but would consider a 'hockey trade' like the one involving Couts is being discussed.

GordieHoweHatTrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 04:57 PM
VoicexOfxReason
you cant do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Gardiner isn't moving unless a similar-aged forward with high potential is coming back.
If we can get barkov, mack, monahan, or lindholm, you absolutely trade gardiner. rather make our first conditional though.

VoicexOfxReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Not trying to play devil's advocate but Gardiner is scoring at a similiar pace to Couturier. Point is that Gardiner is really good offensive player himself and could certainly be considered 'primary scoring' in the future. I'd argue that while Gardiner has some work to do defensively, Couturier has work to do offensively.
Knock is on the Flyers for emptying their line up for 2 kids and not on Couturier. (Did htey really got good value back from trading Carter and Richards? I think not).

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Couts for Gardiner is horrible for philly.

Gardiner is so over rated.

Philly is better off getting some one more proven than risk a solid asset like Coutts on a defensive nightmare like Jake the snake Gardiner

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:08 PM
kihei

vCash: 4667
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Is it just me or do the Leafs fans sour very quickly on their anointed future top pairing dmen? Aulie, Schenn, and now maybe Gardiner.
I swear it happens in the blink of an eye. I see ridiculous Gardiner proposals, get pissed off, and then I notice that most of them are coming from Leaf fans. Ai yi yi. If we show a little patience, we could have a dandy in Gardiner, but I don't know if patience is in the Leaf genetic makeup.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:08 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post

Philly is better off getting some one more proven than risk a solid asset like Coutts on a defensive nightmare like Jake the snake Gardiner
JVR for Schenn is horrible for philly.

Schenn is so over rated.

Philly is better off getting some one more proven than risk a solid asset like JVR on a defensive nightmare like Luke the human eraser Schenn

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:10 PM
TorontoTrades

Quote:

I always have to chuckle when I see posts like these....

yes Couts is sooooo proven himself.

decent rookie year with 13 goals but 27 points in 77 games is hardly a stud. Had a good series vs. Malkin and now he's a lock to be a star?

meanwhile he's having a stellar 2 goal 9 point season in his 33 games... also a -12.

but you nailed it... Couts is rock solid asset and Gardiner is an overrated wildcard.......

Old
04-02-2013, 05:11 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers7 View Post
This is assuming Flyers first is a top 5 pick. Just an idea. I'd definitely be willing to add a bit, just wondering what could make this fair value.
Why would the Leafs do this?

Gardiner has the potential to be a top-pairing defenceman with the Leafs in a few seasons. He's also already got a 30-point season under his belt as a rookie last season, so why trade that kind of talent away when the Leafs have no need to do so?

Also, why trade the 1st rounder when this summer's draft is so deep? It just doesn't make any sense at all.

The best option for the Leafs, IMO, is to just keep their two youngt assets and develop them into high-quality players for their organization.

That said, I believe it time for people to realize that Gardiner is NOT for sale and these particular threads really need to stop.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:12 PM
jbell886

vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post

decent rookie year with 13 goals but 27 points in 77 games is hardly a stud. Had a good series vs. Malkin and now he's a lock to be a star?

meanwhile he's having a stellar 2 goal 9 point season in his 33 games... also a -12.

but you nailed it... Couts is rock solid asset and Gardiner is an overrated wildcard.......
uncle howie has quite the obsession with gardiner. pretty much goes into every gardiner thread and says the same old ****

jbell886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:16 PM
GTopCheese

Quote:

If you're using stats to try and eliminate Coot's value then it's fairly obvious that you never watch Flyers games or know anything about how he's been used.

GTopCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Canada4Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Why would the Leafs do this?

Gardiner has the potential to be a top-pairing defenceman with the Leafs in a few seasons. He's also already got a 30-point season under his belt as a rookie last season, so why trade that kind of talent away when the Leafs have no need to do so?

Also, why trade the 1st rounder when this summer's draft is so deep? It just doesn't make any sense at all.

The best option for the Leafs, IMO, is to just keep their two youngt assets and develop them into high-quality players for their organization.

That said, I believe it time for people to realize that Gardiner is NOT for sale and these particular threads really need to stop.
If we can get Barkov or Mackinnon with the pick we trade for you do that trade.

We have good d prospects, we can afford to trade Gardiner if we can get a good center in the draft.

Barkov or Mackinnon is more valuable to us than Gardiner and whoever we draft with out 15-30 overall pick.

Canada4Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:21 PM
JayRosehillforMVP

Quote:
Knock is on the Flyers for emptying their line up for 2 kids and not on Couturier. (Did htey really got good value back from trading Carter and Richards? I think not).
You do realize we also got Voracek, Simmonds, Cousins, and a 2nd traded for Grossman? Those trades were really, really good value for us. I'd never take it back.
Quote:

Please be joking...

Old
04-02-2013, 05:23 PM
JayRosehillforMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTopCheese View Post
If you're using stats to try and eliminate Coot's value then it's fairly obvious that you never watch Flyers games or know anything about how he's been used.
Considering he proposed this, I'd take whatever he says with a grain of salt.
Quote:
Couts + Simmonds

for

Gardiner + Bozak + 1st + prospect

Old
04-02-2013, 05:25 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
A trade between, Gardiner and Couturier agreed apon by at least one leafs and one flyers fan

It has the blessing of this outsider as well. I think Toronto kicks in as suggested before, but it's a decent fit.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:27 PM
TorontoTrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTopCheese View Post
yes he plays a checking role but he's been a ghost all year so we're basing it off one good year....

if only Gardiner had one good year.....

Old
04-02-2013, 05:35 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post

My compliments. It could well happen, too. I proposed Handzus for Calder (+ a 2nd or 3rd, actually), and it happened later. Not a good trade for either side, actually, but it happened. Couturier has a tremendous amount of talent, and I think Leafs fans would really love to have a tall, rangy forward with elite defensive skills and untapped offensive potential.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers7 View Post
You do realize we also got Voracek, Simmonds, Cousins, and a 2nd traded for Grossman? Those trades were really, really good value for us. I'd never take it back.

Please be joking...
Ok, but, Voracek/Simmonds =/= Richards/Carter

Yes Cousins is a good prospect, but it doesn't help your team right now.

I'm saying that COuturier's production is hurt by the fact that RIchards and Carter were not repalcecd by equal value and you're talking about how in 3-4 seasons that deal will be good for you... which has nothign to do with my point.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:45 PM
FlyingPhilly

Hmmm, I have seen this before somewhere. I wonder where...

Oh, that is right. It is another thread about Couturier for Gardiner. Why does this thread pop up every week? Stop making these. I don't like the basis of this deal.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Ok, but, Voracek/Simmonds =/= Richards/Carter

Yes Cousins is a good prospect, but it doesn't help your team right now.

I'm saying that COuturier's production is hurt by the fact that RIchards and Carter were not repalcecd by equal value and you're talking about how in 3-4 seasons that deal will be good for you... which has nothign to do with my point.
Voracek and Simmonds have more points than Carter and Richards last year and this year, and that's just two of the five players the Flyers got back for them.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Voracek and Simmonds have more points than Carter and Richards last year and this year, and that's just two of the five players the Flyers got back for them.
Becausepoint production is the only way to measure a player's worth, amiright?

I mean, focusing on defensive play while still being productive helps the Kings better then players who goes all out offensively and still ends up losing most games they skate into....