HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Davis Drewiske traded to Montreal for 2013 5th round pick

Old
04-02-2013, 06:06 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Well we took a fifth for DD but we knew that the deal involving one of our players for a prospect/picks was going down. DavisD to MTL and not Philly.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:07 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Couldn't have asked for a better 7th d-man, he did good when he had to step in. Only a #7 because of the Kings' depth, I hope he can win a spot as a regular.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:14 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Congratulations Davis on a good stint with the Kings, and good luck in Montreal.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Try harder Philly!

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:24 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
now the bigger and more important question

still in play, or does it need replacement in the PGT's?

I thought we already had with this:

Good luck to Drewiske, great guy to put up with the limited ice time he got and still come back wanting more and representing the Kings to the highest. He deserves his chance to play, and I'm glad he's getting it.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Good luck to Drewiske, great guy to put up with the limited ice time he got and still come back wanting more and representing the Kings to the highest. He deserves his chance to play, and I'm glad he's getting it.
The two players pictured just sum up how to act and how not to act as professional athletes. Smyth was a healthy scratch for a game two weeks ago and typically pouted and refused to talk to the media. Drewiske was a healthy scratch almost all season and we never heard a peep.

I'm happy he got to lift the cup, and happy he is now getting to play on another contending team. Good for him, I hope he rubbed off on some of the younger players.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:35 PM
DaAnimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
The two players pictured just sum up how to act and how not to act as professional athletes. Smyth was a healthy scratch for a game two weeks ago and typically pouted and refused to talk to the media. Drewiske was a healthy scratch almost all season and we never heard a peep.

I'm happy he got to lift the cup, and happy he is now getting to play on another contending team. Good for him, I hope he rubbed off on some of the younger players.
Sometimes you just feel sorry for smyth but oh well he's not our problem anymore.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:48 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

QFT. I'm very pleased we got the cup without Smyth, and even more pleased that the 'lame bum' they tried to dump on us for him got to lift the cup while Smyth was toiling with one of the worst teams in the league. His holdout at the trade deadline in 2007 will forever be his 'true colors' moment. I was willing to try and let things be when he came here, but it was pretty obvious things will never change with him.

I hope Drewiske punches Smyth in the head with that Stanley Cup ring he's wearing next time they play.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
Sometimes you just feel sorry for smyth but oh well he's not our problem anymore.
Nope, never. Davis has 100x the character of Smyth. I am glad he gets to go play for another Cup contender.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:52 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

Considering 5ths went both ways in the deals, we pretty much traded DD44 straight up for Ellerby?

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
Sometimes you just feel sorry for smyth.
I really do feel sorry for him. The lockout wiped out all of the games in October and November, when he does his damage. That's not fair!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix View Post
Considering 5ths went both ways in the deals, we pretty much traded DD44 straight up for Ellerby?
Good way to look at it, and that is a win for the Kings.

Just happy 44DD is going to a contender and not somewhere like Dallas or Calgary as a roster filler.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:07 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:

Jeez are my posts invisible, the Drewiske picture always pops up in our PGT victory threads.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
Jeez are my posts invisible, the Drewiske picture always pops up in our PGT victory threads.
Lol no, they're not.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:14 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
No, the question was if we had a replacement for the DD44 pic you post. I simply said Cryin' Ryan is our replacement.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:17 PM
BringTheReign

I wish DD44 the best of luck in Montreal. He's done everything he's been asked to without complaints; I really hope he cracks the line-up there.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:28 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Nice dude and great team player. I wish all the best for him and hope he can get a permanent spot on the Habs roster.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:29 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:

Agreed. Smyth the bi*ch should take over.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
I got yer back bro

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:53 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Quote:
now the bigger and more important question

still in play, or does it need replacement in the PGT's?

Whiskey jpeg needs to stay until next season

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I would've been satisfied if the Kings simply waived him to make room, but to add an asset (even if that asset doesn't pan out), even better!

He came a long way from being an unsigned free agent out of college to a regular 7th dman. I'm sure his role won't change in Montreal.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:47 PM
KingsCorona

Always liked you, DD44, you've been a solid backup and a team player, but it's tough being on a team with so many talented defensemen.
You definitely deserve some playing time, good luck in Montreal!

KingsCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Habs fan here, I'm glad we acquired Drewiske. Not only do I own him in my FHL sim league (along with Voynov, Kopitar, Williams, Brown & Clifford), but I think he's done an admirable job whenever the occasion arose in LA.

We need a solid #6 right now, and DD44 can definitely fill that hole. He'll finally get a little bit more ice time, and I think he deserves it. I'm actually surprised he only went for a 5th, but I guess with the addition of Regehr and his pending UFA status, the Kings had no reason to keep him.

It's rare that you see a player get traded and 95% of the reaction from his former team's fans is "Best of luck". He should be a good addition to the locker room right? We have decent chemistry going on right now, and I am sure Bergevin wanted a player that wouldn't disrupt it.

Plus I think he can play on our 2nd PK unit. We've been pushing Markov a little much lately.

Anyways, just wanted to pop by and read your thoughts on Drewiske and share mine. Good luck for the rest of the year, LA is my pick to come out of the West. Cheers.

Dr Gonzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:32 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I hope he gets more playinf time in Montreal...I think he deserves it. A real professional...good luck Drewiske
This.

Drewiske is a legit NHL-caliber player stuck as the #7 behind the deepest defensive 6 in the league.

I'm happy for him if he gets playing time.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:35 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
a good 5-6 Dman, that can play in the 3-4 slot in a pinch. as dingo points out he does many things well, but nothing spectacular. expect 100% effort and commitment, but no flashes of brilliance. solid team player and will do what is asked of him. plays the 'stay at home' D style, but has enough wheels to break out in emergencies. plays more position and angles. isn't overly physical, but can and will when the situation calls for it.
He'll probably be one of the better defensemen in the East.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:16 PM
KingsCorona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
He should be a good addition to the locker room right? We have decent chemistry going on right now, and I am sure Bergevin wanted a player that wouldn't disrupt it.

Plus I think he can play on our 2nd PK unit. We've been pushing Markov a little much lately.
He certainly isn't gonna disrupt the locker room, and I think he should fill your needs more than adequately. The times we have needed him to step up for someone I certainly haven't noticed any drop off in the play of our defense which, I have to say, I think is a pretty strong compliment coming from a defensive group as talented as ours. His game doesn't have a lot of flash, but he has the smarts to play a solid bottom-pair or PK role and has good size.

KingsCorona is offline   Reply With Quote