HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryane Clowe to Rangers for NYR 2013 2nd, FLA 2013 3rd, Conditional 2nd 2014

Old
04-02-2013, 06:09 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I was half-joking when I said that. Actually more than half. Just expressing my disappointment in how little offense Clowe is going to add. But if Pyatt and Clowe had a more balls contest Clowe would win by 7, no question about that.
I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised. He's a good player, and one that we would have never been able to trade for picks if he was having a good season.

If we do make the playoffs, we are going to lean on guys like this. I love the deal.

He is the epitome of "Torts kind of guy". He's MUCH closer to Prust than Powe, that's for sure.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
He will fit right in with this team, 0 goals on the year so far

ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
hes prob got more assists than the bottom 6 combined.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think they will be, he's only 1 year removed from a 41 goal season and GMs can rationalize many reasons why he's struggling this year, including "he can't play under Tortorella's system".

I'm not really sure how I feel about this deal. I think being scared about trading draft picks is dumb in general, but I don't know if it's worth it in this case. Guess it depends on how Clowe plays and how the Rangers do
Looking at the track record, I'm sure we'll be perfectly fine.

Avery, Prust, Clowe - all players I like, and all players that stir the **** pot. But the problem always too much **** in that pot that needs stirring.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
And he also provides offense. He's just one year removed from a 45 point season, and 2 years removed from a 62 point one.
And in the present he has 11 points. 0 ZERO goals. Let's leave the past in the past.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
★★★★

He might end up like Dubsinky of 2012 and Avery of 2011: 1 goal, 100 assists. I would take that at this point.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

So, we trade draft picks for a player who has 0 goals in 28 games, to help us shore up our offensive depth? Seems like a good, sensible mood.

That said, I know when Clowe is on his game, he is a legitimate top-6 forward, but why move 2nd round draft picks (especially Florida's, which will be a high pick this year, probably 30-35 overall) for a player with 0 goals? Doesn't make sense.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
You were beat to that joke a billion times already.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
And in the present he has 11 points. 0 ZERO goals. Let's leave the past in the past.
In 28 games, in a shortened season where he had a shoulder injury. Small sample size. I'm more keen on using the 4 season sample size over the 2 month one.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised. He's a good player, and one that we would have never been able to trade for picks if he was having a good season.

If we do make the playoffs, we are going to lean on guys like this. I love the deal.

He is the epitome of "Torts kind of guy". He's MUCH closer to Prust than Powe, that's for sure.
I'm hoping to not have so much of a "Torts kind of coach" but for now I guess that helps

Old
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Thanks for the input. Is there any way you can address his scoring a bit? What are your thoughts? I assume he's not declining yet, so it's more of a snakebitten thing?
I think he tried to play through a pretty bad shoulder injury. Looks like he's gotten over it, since he had a few really good shots on net recently and probably should've scored at least one goal. He's been really unlucky. A bad offsides call took away a breakaway goal vs EDM early in the season and he's been snakebit ever since. Wouldn't be surprised if a puck bounces in the net off his *** and he gets a goal in his first game for the Rangers.

He's going to go out and give it his all for his teammates - if that means fighting someone or picking up his physical game to keep opponents honest, he'll do that. Clowe much more than an enforcer which is the type of bs you guys will hear because of his bad luck with goals this year. He's a talented playmaker for sure. In his prime, he was outstanding along the walls and in the corners protecting the puck. I could see him still getting 50 or more points next year.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Let's leave the past in the past.
That's ridiculous.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:12 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
So, we trade draft picks for a player who has 0 goals in 28 games, to help us shore up our offensive depth? Seems like a good, sensible mood.

That said, I know when Clowe is on his game, he is a legitimate top-6 forward, but why move 2nd round draft picks (especially Florida's, which will be a high pick this year, probably 30-35 overall) for a player with 0 goals? Doesn't make sense.
floridas pick is a 3rd which is more like 61-65.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
You were beat to that joke a billion times already.
Still has ways to go before it reaches "MOAR JAM" levels.

The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Not sure how to feel about this deal. If he 'returns' to form and re-signs, then I think that surrendering the picks is worthwhile. If not, I'll be pretty pissed that we wasted the picks. A moderate risk/moderate reward situation.

This deal, however, makes me even more disappointed in the effort this season. I'm looking at our top 9 forwards and imagining the damage this team could do in the playoffs if even two-thirds of them played to their potential.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
I think he tried to play through a pretty bad shoulder injury. Looks like he's gotten over it, since he had a few really good shots on net recently and probably should've scored at least one goal. He's been really unlucky. A bad offsides call took away a breakaway goal vs EDM early in the season and he's been snakebit ever since. Wouldn't be surprised if a puck bounces in the net off his *** and he gets a goal in his first game for the Rangers.

He's going to go out and give it his all for his teammates - if that means fighting someone or picking up his physical game to keep opponents honest, he'll do that. Clowe much more than an enforcer which is the type if bs you guys will hear because of his bad luck with goals this year. He's a talented playmaker for sure. I could see him still getting 50 or more points next year.
Thanks a lot, man. If he can provide a mix of what Prust and Dubi brought, I'd be pretty happy. I contend that we miss those guys the most, and one player doing both (Prust's toughness with Dubi's 40+ points)? I'm cool with that.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:13 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
I smell a move coming, just as I'm sure everyone else does.

Asham, Powe, Boyle, Pyatt, Miller, Hagelin, Kreider, Zuccarello can't all fit in the Bottom 6.

Send down Kreider/Miller
Trade Boyle/Pyatt

That's the way it looks, no?

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Still has ways to go before it reaches "MOAR JAM" levels.
You mean to the level where it's so obnoxious it's only funny to the people that still post it?

Old
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post

Florida pick is a 3rd. Though your point stands. Closer to a late 2nd

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I'm sure GM's will be lining up to trade their first round pick for a player coming off an expensive massive underachieving season.

I'm not saying it's not gonna happen, it just seems a bit off to me. If we get a high pick it's only because we'll be taking on salary too.
If Clowe can garner 2-3 2nd round picks, and 41 year old Jagr can garner a 2nd round pick + prospects, and Roy can garner a 1st round pick, then you better believe a 40 goal scorer will pull in a 1st round pick +.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
His past performance is indicative of his future potential performance. Just because he isn't playing great right now doesn't mean he can't turn it around: his past stats show evidence that he can be a productive offensive player.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
That's ridiculous.
It's actually not.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
I smell a move coming, just as I'm sure everyone else does.

Asham, Powe, Boyle, Pyatt, Miller, Hagelin, Kreider, Zuccarello can't all fit in the Bottom 6.

Send down Kreider/Miller
Trade Boyle/Pyatt

That's the way it looks, no?
I don't care what they do just keep Powe in the lineup for the love of God. He sits and the PK gives up a goal every single game until he comes back, and when he does they go 5 for 5. Not a coincidence.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
floridas pick is a 3rd which is more like 61-65.
Oh, thank God.

If we were giving up their 2nd, which I thought was initially our asset, it wouldn't have made sense to give up a 30-35 overall pick for him.

It's not that bad of a deal, still don't see why we are moving potential in draft picks for a player who has 0 goals. If he was Clowe from the last four seasons, I'd say it's a steal and he'd definitely help this team.

Clowe this season though, is a different story. I was hoping the team would actually pick up a player who is putting the puck in the net this season.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:16 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Lets complain about the lost draft picks after the draft in June. Now is not the time. There is plenty of time to recoup those lost assets.

Pretty sure this deal was made after talking to Clowes agent and feeling confident that he will be resigned.

He is an important piece along the wall and in front of the net that will get top six minutes and stabilizes the look of our top 3 lines.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote