HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[EDIT] Bob Murray needs to do something.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:13 PM
bootsgaudet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
Bob's move was signing 37 year old Dvorak
ive been happy with how he's played, slick, smart, been creating some nice chances...

bootsgaudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:14 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
this team has obvious flaws, our competitors are all getting better. We could have easily topped Vancouver's offer for Roy, and not even have it dent our farm system. if we do not get a 2nd line center this team is going nowhere in the playoffs, unless we massively upgrade the defense instead
Inside scoop with Joe in Dallas?

Crazy how you know that it was only the offer, and maybe not that he didnt want to deal with a division team.

Amazing how you know how the team is going to react, if players are going to step up or not. Wish I could see the future.

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:15 PM
bootsgaudet

so it feels like no one wants to push for a cup this year?

we dont need to sell out our farm to do so, but i think one investment would not hurt our team.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:17 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I thought it was as well, I'm sure he was called Drew Drewiske by announcers etc
Drew Drewiske certainly would be more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Well, this is weird, because i also thought that.
Just posting what everyone is thinking.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsgaudet View Post
Fisher's names has come up in a few things and its either laich or riberio out of washington... they got a log jam

Backstorom, Riberio,laich,johansenm,perrault, they'd shed some body if it make sense for them to.

and with Wash's record im sure they'd take draft picks.
Meh. They have to expect Ribeiro to leave until they have him signed. Laich often played wing, and I think Johansson has at times, as well. Don't think it's too much of a logjam. It's tough to look into GMs' heads. They don't always do what common sense would suggest. I think we should look at what actually does get moved, and see whether there's something that would have made sense.

Quote:
as to Goc anaheim's in a postion to shed a 2nd for a stop-gap, our window is 3ish years (before defence and goalie retooling) any draft pick would be 3 - 4 years out... id rather have goc now, at 28 years old, who in the right system with these players be way more productive. He dosen't have much in flordia to work with
Well, sure, we can afford to do it. That's not the thing. But I don't see it helping that much. Bonino is a better fit for the 2nd line center. Holland might even be. Koivu is our 3rd line center. Goc is overqualified to be our 4th line center, where Steckel is alright. Goc makes the most sense as a Koivu-replacement for next year, but I don't see him hanging up the skates. He's not just going to start being more productive because we put him between two great guys on our second line. That kind of offense is just not in his game. Even when he and Hecht came back in the lockout this year to play in Mannheim, Jochen freaking Hecht blew him out of the water offensively. He has his qualities, but those make him a bad choice to fill 2nd line duty, IMO.

I'm with you in thinking we could need a 2nd line center. I guess that's mainly common sense. But I don't agree with the approach of just having to trade for something to shove in there, being able to afford it or not. Depending on the price, I wouldn't hate it, but I don't see much upside in it, whatsoever.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:22 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I'm fairly familiar with my countryman Goc. He is a #3 center. He doesn't have much offensive game in him. I wouldn't give up a 2nd or equivalent prospect just to have a slightly better defensive, and less talented offensive version of Bonino in here ahead of him. He doesn't address our needs. He would be a stopgap, but those we do have ourselves. But our stopgaps actually have upside going forward. Well, unless Bonino's out for the year, then he'd be an okay stopgap to push Holland. But I'd still doubt the price would make it sensible.

I don't think Vermette, Laich, Little or Fisher are actually on the market.
Goc is in no way a #2, but consider this.

Koivu is still #2 capable, just not for a whole season. So what about get Goc or similar for the third line and move Koivu up to the second? It will help Selanne. Although it is hard to break up that third line.

Also if it comes to that I'd just as well let Bonino play on the third. If he ever comes back that is.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:23 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post

Koivu is still #2 capable, just not for a whole season. So what about get Goc or similar for the third line and move Koivu up to the second? It will help Selanne. Although it is hard to break up that third line.
Holland or Bonino could easily fit in that #3 role, for free.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:25 PM
bootsgaudet

korpikoski would be my dream player to get as a 2c, he can play centre, has a high offesnive potential, and i hope wouldnt cost an extreme amount.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:27 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post
Holland or Bonino could easily fit in that #3 role, for free.
Yeah I thought of Bonino after I hit send. But who knows if he'll play again this year.

But I disagree that Holland could handle it. He's looking much better, but not really a third line type.

Old
04-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post

It may help Selanne, but that's the only thing it probably would do, positively. I don't really like re-uniting them. They play a little weird, and it seems tough for the third guy with them to adjust, from what I remember about that. I like to have Koivu on the 3rd, and his ability to add some production there, which Goc wouldn't be able to do to the same degree, I believe.

I mean, I wouldn't be up in arms if we got Goc (depending on price), and then giving a few things a try. But I don't see much upside in it. Would rather just draft another Kerdiles, Gibson, DSP, Karlsson with the Isles pick and get Bonino back in there.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:33 PM
DaDucks

Too bad Edmonton is winning... I'd give up a ton for Eberle. I'm content with our forward lines vs bringing in some additional Jabroni experiments .. I'd much rather add some D...

DaDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:37 PM
bootsgaudet

i wonder what we'd need to give up for gaborik would be nice to get a 1st line lw for once

Old
04-02-2013, 05:41 PM
bootsgaudet

Clowe for 2nd and 3rd.... .

Obviosuly sharks weren't going to deal to ducks, but yea... we need to make a deal like this. ...

Old
04-02-2013, 05:43 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Too bad Edmonton is winning... I'd give up a ton for Eberle. I'm content with our forward lines vs bringing in some additional Jabroni experiments .. I'd much rather add some D...
Eberle won't be going anywhere. That would just be stupid by Edmonton, and stupid for Anaheim for how much they would give up.

Quote:
i wonder what we'd need to give up for gaborik would be nice to get a 1st line lw for once
1. To much 2. To big a cap hit

Old
04-02-2013, 05:45 PM
bootsgaudet

should claim jokienen actually to bad he cleared... i think he would be useful coming in

Old
04-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Edmonton wouldn't move Eberle, winning or not. He's 22 years old, and exactly the kind of player they want to see on the team when they look ahead.

04-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Old Man Barking

Anyone else think our transition game is one of our biggest issues? We need a top-4 puck moving d-man.

Old Man Barking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Clowe for 2nd and 3rd.... .

Obviosuly sharks weren't going to deal to ducks, but yea... we need to make a deal like this. ...
Clowe? That's your example of a deal you want to see made?

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:51 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Clowe? That's your example of a deal you want to see made?
no, but still not a bad player top 6... for the return he was dealt for

Regher, leopold, murray, roy clowe,, all been moved for 2nd and 3rd rounders and average level prospects.

Their are deals to be made without breaking the bank,... and the ducks are seriously risking this good season by not adding somthing thats going to help. NO point in having a high draft pick if were not gunning to pick 30th...

Old
04-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
no, but still not a bad player top 6... for the return he was dealt for

Regher, leopold, murray, roy clowe,, all been moved for 2nd and 3rd rounders and average level prospects.

Their are deals to be made without breaking the bank,... and the ducks are seriously risking this good season by not adding somthing thats going to help. NO point in having a high draft pick if were not gunning to pick 30th...
Clowe was moved for a 2nd, a 3rd, and a conditional 2nd(probably if they make the playoffs). That is not an insignificant amount.

Regehr was moved for two 2nd's. Again, not an insignificant amount.

Jagr and Roy just weren't going to be traded here.

And I just wouldn't want Leopold or Murray.

I think you're underrating the value of those picks, or what those players would have brought to Anaheim. In my opinion, these aren't additions Anaheim is missing out on.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:02 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Clowe was moved for a 2nd, a 3rd, and a conditional 2nd(probably if they make the playoffs). That is not an insignificant amount.

Regehr was moved for two 2nd's. Again, not an insignificant amount.

Jagr and Roy just weren't going to be traded here.

And I just wouldn't want Leopold or Murray.

I think you're underrating the value of those picks, or what those players would have brought to Anaheim. In my opinion, these aren't additions Anaheim is missing out on.
your missing my point, sure i wouldn't have mind being in on a few guys like them, but im saying there is some quality in that group and more people on other rosters can be dealth for a similar return. Anaheim can afford to deal some picks if its to get a roster player, desperatly hope Murray is exploring this options, we need somthing , we need to stay in line with these other teams bulking up

Old
04-02-2013, 06:07 PM
NEWFowler
hi

This thread:

When have the Ducks ever been deadline buyers? Why on earth would Murray just throw away pieces to our future just because he "should"? If the right piece comes along, SURE. But do you guys honestly think Derek Roy is the piece that's going to land us a Stanley cup? Get real.

NEWFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:08 PM
DucksTalk

You guys are ridiculous.

You'd trade two 2nd round picks for Regehr?

You'd trade three 2nd round picks for Clowe?

Did you want Murray to go after Bouwmeester? Who cares about the cap, right?

Derek Roy might have been a good addition, but would you trade a 2nd round pick and Vatanen for him? This very well could have been the asking price.

I'd love to improve our team, but not at the current asking price.

DucksTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:11 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
This thread:

When have the Ducks ever been deadline buyers? Why on earth would Murray just throw away pieces to our future just because he "should"? If the right piece comes along, SURE. But do you guys honestly think Derek Roy is the piece that's going to land us a Stanley cup? Get real.
ahah... thats not what im saying at all, type of piece that increases our odds... and im saying Murray should be working the phones hard core for a 2nd line centre... rather than being complacent. we are nicly stocked he can afford to shed a few picks in this draft if a deal arises.

Boino was demoted to the 4th line before he was hurt, hes not our 2c... we need one, him and holland could be that one day, but id rather trade for the now.

The true untouchablees we dont shope are Etem, Palmieri,lindholm and vatanen.

Smith pelly, Marron, Holland can be shopped or picks or both if we can find somthing that will keep us in line with the other contenders and is not a rental.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:14 PM
DucksTalk

Quote:
ahah... thats not what im saying at all, type of piece that increases our odds... and im saying Murray should be working the phones hard core for a 2nd line centre... rather than being complacent. we are nicly stocked he can afford to shed a few picks in this draft if a deal arises.

Boino was demoted to the 4th line before he was hurt, hes not our 2c... we need one, him and holland could be that one day, but id rather trade for the now.

The true untouchablees we dont shope are Etem, Palmieri,lindholm and vatanen.

Smith pelly, Marron, Holland can be shopped or picks or both if we can find somthing that will keep us in line with the other contenders and is not a rental.
Who would you like Murray to target? #2 centers don't grow on trees.

DucksTalk is offline   Reply With Quote