HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[EDIT] Bob Murray needs to do something.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksTalk View Post
Who would you like Murray to target? #2 centers don't grow on trees.
Then they`d be Leafs, right?

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:19 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
Who would you like Murray to target? #2 centers don't grow on trees.
i stated before,

Fisher,Laich,Riberio (rumour mill) korpikoski, colin wilson or craig smith

stop gap type people

Goc
josh bailey

sbisa for Filuppa and we make a minor d trade... just some suggestions... all are attainable

bootsgaudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:23 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsgaudet View Post
im saying Murray should be working the phones hard core for a 2nd line centre... rather than being complacent
How do you know what BM is doing or not doing. Maybe teams don't want to trade with Division/Conference rivals. Maybe they are asking for way to much from the Ducks.

I highly doubt he is just sitting around doing nothing.

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:25 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post
How do you know what BM is doing or not doing. Maybe teams don't want to trade with Division/Conference rivals. Maybe they are asking for way to much from the Ducks.

if there is one gm that would, its Bm... even worse that Brian Burke is back in the fold, hes probally controlling him via some voo-doo type ****.. thats just speculation... murray just comes off as lazy to me

Old
Getz2perry

What the hell is this
Hiller... Still a duck!
Sbisa... Still a duck!
Ryan... Still a duck!
Selanne still a duck!!!!

DAMNIT MURRAY GET THIS CRAP OUT OF OUR TEAM SO WE CAN WIN THE CUP!

RYAN AND SELANNE ARE WASTING GOOD MINS THAT WE COULD JUST PILE ON TO ETEM, SBISA IS THE WORST DEFENCEMEN IN THE NHL ON A GOOD DAY, AND HILLER DONT GET ME STARTED ON HILLER HIS 5 HOLE IS SO BIG AND HIS GLOVE IS SO WEAK ITS A WONDER HOW HE EVEN GOT INTO THE NHL!

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post

This.

Funny how people assume Murray isn't doing anything. Like he is playing golf and drinking it up while the deadline looms near.

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:28 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor John Frink View Post
This.

Funny how people assume Murray isn't doing anything. Like he is playing golf and drinking it up while the deadline looms near.
he legitimaly could be doing that

Old
04-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Professor John Frink

Quote:
i stated before,

stop gap type people

Goc
josh bailey

sbisa for Filuppa and we make a minor d trade... just some suggestions... all are attainable
This is all speculation on your part. Other than Ribeiro I haven't seen any of these names anywhere near the rumor mill.

Laich, Fis, Wilson, Smith won't be dealt. Korp won't be traded from Phoenix to Ducks.

Goc and Bailey Help in no way whatsoever.

It's like you just want Murray to make any trade and you don't care who we get or how they fit in, just as long as the Ducks do something.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:30 PM
2faded

McBain apparently a healthy scratch. dont know much about him. can anyone fill me in?

2faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Professor John Frink

Quote:
if there is one gm that would, its Bm... even worse that Brian Burke is back in the fold, hes probally controlling him via some voo-doo type ****.. thats just speculation... murray just comes off as lazy to me
What are you basing the lazy comments off of? All those times you are in the Ducks office, witnessing what Murray is up to. Give me a break.

Just say, I hate Murray, I want him gone no matter what. That would be better than masking it as "he has done nothing".

By the way 6th worst team last season to 3rd best this season.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:33 PM
DucksTalk

Quote:
i stated before,

stop gap type people

Goc
josh bailey

Thanks. I have a few questions:

1. Do you even look at players' contracts before you post? I'm not keen on tying up 4.5 million in cap space for the next 4 years.

2. You'd trade Sbisa for a rental?

3. Did you know it takes two teams to tangle? I'd love Eriksson, but that doesn't mean Dallas wants to trade him.

DucksTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:34 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 483
Quote:
i stated before,

stop gap type people

Goc
josh bailey

who is filuppa

gratefulyours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:36 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
This is all speculation on your part. Other than Ribeiro I haven't seen any of these names anywhere near the rumor mill.

Laich, Fis, Wilson, Smith won't be dealt. Korp won't be traded from Phoenix to Ducks.

Goc and Bailey Help in no way whatsoever.

It's like you just want Murray to make any trade and you don't care who we get or how they fit in, just as long as the Ducks do something.
The guy asked for some names so thats what i gave him... any of those guys could be available for the right price, rumour mill or not.

and no man, im not talking about making a trade for the sake of making a trade, we need to add somthing at this deadline in order to remain competitive add one more piece to our puzzle. Goc would help in a way, i have a certain feel this would be the perfect situation for him and he wouldnt cost the bank to get.

Hf boards is really just for homers for the teams.

We are in a slump 4-4-2... we beat dallas not even in playoff contention, only challenging opponent in the next two weeks is LA. Hel

We need to add an element to the roster to compete with (healthy blackhwask with sharp and hossa and now handuz) (bolsterd st louis with Jbow and leopold now on the back end) Vancouver now adding a legitatme 2nd line centre in roy and if and when they deal luo some tangible assets there.)

La certainly is not goign to be walked over, nor is detriot(seeing as they just beat us back to back) and SJ even with out clowe is going to be tough again back to back loses to them.

thats just the west,

Pittsburgh obviosuly decided to go for it, and boston is moving into the same fold... all the legitmate teams, same with the rangers, with clowe, although not assured they will make the playoffs it does help there chances, and if so that team when playing to snuff, can beat anyone.

We need somthing to add to our top 4 d or 2nd line centre or both if possible

Every other team in the running has done somthing significant other than the ducks.

No point to be complacent now, why waste a strong played season on anything but as far as we can make it... its been rough the last 3 seasons, this team needs a long run.. in order to better attract people to not stay here on a rental basis... its that simple...

Last edited by bootsgaudet: 04-02-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old
04-02-2013, 06:36 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

Quote:
What are you basing the lazy comments off of? All those times you are in the Ducks office, witnessing what Murray is up to. Give me a break.

Just say, I hate Murray, I want him gone no matter what. That would be better than masking it as "he has done nothing".

By the way 6th worst team last season to 3rd best this season.
he already said that is based on luck, so doesn't count.

doesn't matter that its bm picks that are fenwicking us to the top of the league.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:37 PM
DucksTalk

Quote:
he legitimaly could be doing that
Hi Mr. Samueli, wanna grab a beer at hooters? We can catch the Dodgers game too.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:41 PM
DucksTalk

Quote:
The guy asked for some names so thats what i gave him... any of those guys could be available for the right price, rumour mill or not.

and no man, im not talking about making a trade for the sake of making a trade, we need to add somthing at this deadline in order to remain competitive add one more piece to our puzzle. Goc would help in a way, i have a certain feel this would be the perfect situation for him and he wouldnt cost the bank to get.

We are in a slump 4-4-2... we beat dallas not even in playoff contention, only challenging opponent in the next two weeks is LA. Hel

We need to add an element to the roster to compete with (healthy blackhwask with sharp and hossa and now handuz) (bolsterd st louis with Jbow and leopold now on the back end) Vancouver now adding a legitatme 2nd line centre in roy and if and when they deal luo some tangible assets there.)

La certainly is not goign to be walked over, nor is detriot(seeing as they just beat us back to back) and SJ even with out clowe is going to be tough again back to back loses to them.

We need somthing to add to our top 4 d or 2nd line centre or both if possible

Every other team in the running has done somthing significant other than the ducks.

No point to be complacent now, why waste a strong played season on anything but as far as we can make it... its been rough the last 3 seasons, this team needs a long run.. in order to better attract people to not stay here on a rental basis... its that simple...
You're the only homer. You think Goc is a #2 center. You'd trade Sbisa for a rental. Want me to keep going?

Do you remember our deadline additions when we won the cup?

Murray wants to improve the team, but he's not going to overpay.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:42 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

Quote:

We are in a slump 4-4-2... we beat dallas not even in playoff contention, only challengeing oppoonet in the next two weeks is LA.

1. just because people don't agree with you doesn't make them homers.
2. every team loses a few, and if going over .500 is our slump; ill take it.
3. blackhawks, st louis, and la were all very good teams before their trades and we have shown we can hang with them as is. If Roy is a legitimate 2C then so is koivu, their production is remarkably similar.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:45 PM
gradeAducksfan

I would like the Ducks to go and get some size. Ott comes to mind.

Ducks are going to need players like that to make us go deep into the playoffs.

What do you guys/girls think about that?

gradeAducksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:46 PM
DucksTalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
I would like the Ducks to go and get some size. Ott comes to mind.

Ducks are going to need players like that to make us go deep into the playoffs.

What do you guys/girls think about that?
I like Ott, but I don't think he's available.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:47 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
You're the only homer. You think Goc is a #2 center. You'd trade Sbisa for a rental. Want me to keep going?

Do you remember our deadline additions when we won the cup?

Murray wants to improve the team, but he's not going to overpay.
i'm the homer? my reconmandations have been dealing draft picks and smith pelly if the deal is right...

and do you remeber our deals we did before hand , we didnt need to worry about the deadline...

Our defence is not as good,

we had 4 complete lines .... 1c in macdonald 2c in getzlaf 3 c in pahlsson 4c marchant was it ?

2006 - 2007 was magical, this team shows the same characteristics in player types ...

however we need a 2c... regardless... its self evident.

if the deadline goes by tommrow and BM has done nothing, or at least offers up an explanation as to why he did nothing (understandable if the market wasn't there for us... but the man should just get bold and kick some tires try some things out)

why waste a season..... it makes no sense..]

and with those teams adding players, as you saw last year a 7 game series dosen't matter what seed your in, this is going to be the most up in the air playoffs in the west in a long time.

Tell me why we shouldn't add, every other team has or is looking to... id take picks from this draft for somthing more reliable at the 2c... or the top 4 d ,

if we dont, its mystifying, every team who has a shot is bulking up... we need to at least bring in somthing that will help us

Old
04-02-2013, 06:51 PM
DucksTalk

Quote:
i'm the homer? my reconmandations have been dealing draft picks and smith pelly if the deal is right...

and do you remeber our deals we did before hand , we didnt need to worry about the deadline...

Our defence is not as good,

we had 4 complete lines .... 1c in macdonald 2c in getzlaf 3 c in pahlsson 4c marchant was it ?

2006 - 2007 was magical, this team shows the same characteristics in player types ...

however we need a 2c... regardless... its self evident.

if the deadline goes by tommrow and BM has done nothing, or at least offers up an explanation as to why he did nothing (understandable if the market wasn't there for us... but the man should just get bold and kick some tires try some things out)

why waste a season..... it makes no sense..
Yes, you're the homer. You specifically said deal Sbisa for a rental. Enough said.

Sure, the 06-07 team was good, but you're trying to tell me there weren't holes in the lineup?

We aren't wasting a season, we just aren't overpaying for iffy players.

edit: I want to improve our lineup, and I think we will. But we need to keep looking -- Roy and Regehr aren't worth the asking price.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yes, you're the homer. You specifically said deal Sbisa for a rental. Enough said.

Sure, the 06-07 team was good, but you're trying to tell me there weren't holes in the lineup?

We aren't wasting a season, we just aren't overpaying for iffy players.

edit: I want to improve our lineup, and I think we will. But we need to keep looking -- Roy and Regehr aren't worth the asking price.
In 06-07? Nope. That team had no holes.

04-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Old Man Barking

Is Jamie McBain considered a puck moving d-man(THN says he's an OD)? As I've said twice in this thread, I think our transition game stinks and must be addressed.

Anyone else agree?

Old Man Barking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 06:59 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

vCash: 797
You missed a big point. Some people build through trades, some build through drafts.

It is clear this is a draft team as evident by the talent of the prospect pool and the emergence of young prospects.

Watch this http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads

Note what is said. A team that wins 1 is built through trades, a team that is at the top for years is built on drafting. Would you rather trade for a shot at a cup this year. Or let younger players get experience and be in the race for a cup next year, and the year after, and years after that.

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
In 06-07? Nope. That team had no holes.
Only minor one it may have had was filled by adding May at the deadline.

Holes on this years team are harder to fill than that, but none are so gaping that they are life or death. We made it to second in the conference without a bonafide #2 center, I dont see why all of a sudden we're screwed without one. Its a nice thing to add if possible, but we're still a very good team even if we stand apt.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote