HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[EDIT] Bob Murray needs to do something.

Old
04-02-2013, 07:31 PM
UnknownAvenger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsgaudet View Post
we dont win those games if they have sharp and hossa in the line up... those games were all real close, granted we missed perry for game 2.
You can't know that. Maybe with them in the lineup, Anaheim plays even harder. Maybe one of them misses a shot that the guy replacing them in the lineup scores. Maybe a big hit on them changes momentum. Maybe one of them takes a costly penalty (rare, I know).

There's definitely no guarantee we would have lost the games if they played.

UnknownAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:35 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post
How do you know that, are you physic.

Thats a weak argument, they had Sharp and Hossa the first game....and we won.
i don't not believe in our guys, i don't want to see a quick playoff exit because we didn't add something half decent for a low to medium price.

This type of thinking is hardly worthy of a picture of leading sheep of a cliff... Mike fisher for whoever said that, is the next best thing we should shop for, would love for him to be on the team, awnser to our 2c issue.

im not panicking, i just pray Murray makes a move to keep us in line with these other teams, all our success hinges on Fasth or HIller playing big, because they keep us in the games we shouldn't win , yet both have their up and downs.

bootsgaudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
which i have said, if it makes sense, i understand if the market is dried up then we are Sol, but still people on here seem to be against making a trade.... if we cant get a 2c... we need to get a defenceman.
I personally dont agree, but I can where you're coming from at least. Id be content with the blueline as it is, rather than making a move just to make one. I dont see any defenseman currently available at a reasonable price who we'd having a legitimate interest in.

Out of curiousity, what would you like in a defenseman we would trade for/who would you target? Im guessing a puckmover?

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:41 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
I personally dont agree, but I can where you're coming from at least. Id be content with the blueline as it is, rather than making a move just to make one. I dont see any defenseman currently available at a reasonable price who Id see us having a legitimate interest in.

Out of curiousity, what would you like in a defenseman we would trade for/who would you target? Im guessing a puckmover?
Derek Morris for one, if we could get john micheal liles from toronto i think that would be worthy of a pick or somthing just two people who come to mind quickly.

Would have been great to make a play for Marc andre bergeron as well to bad carolina capatilized

Old
04-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Derek Morris for one, if we could get john micheal liles from toronto i think that would be worthy of a pick or somthing just two people who come to mind quickly.

Would have been great to make a play for Marc andre bergeron as well to bad carolina capatilized
That means two of Lydman/Allen/Lovejoy/Sbisa? are gone/out of the lineup correct? I dont see either of them significantly improving our defense. I've always liked JML, cant comment on how he's looked this season though, but I feel like Murray wants a tougher, more physical defense and hes not going to go back on that with the results we've had. Allen has certainly been less than what we expected, but I dont see BM pulling the plug yet. Some of us fans might want to reshape the defense, but I dont think management does.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
im not panicking, i just pray Murray makes a move to keep us in line with these other teams, all our success hinges on Fasth or HIller playing big, because they keep us in the games we shouldn't win , yet both have their up and downs.
I think you're giving the team too little credit. They are doing a great job of helping our goalies most nights. They tend to play well defensively and not allow a lot. We'd make their job a lot tougher by forcing a guy like Bergeron onto our lineup.

Quote:

Bergeron is a terrible idea, IMO. He brings almost nothing other than a hard shot. I don't see him with a roster spot on the team, at all. Liles is a bit pricey as a 3rd pairing puckmover.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 07:51 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
That means two of Lydman/Allen/Lovejoy/Sbisa? are gone/out of the lineup correct? I dont see either of them significantly improving our defense. I've always liked JML, cant comment on how he's looked this season though, but I feel like Murray wants a tougher, more physical defense and hes not going to go back on that with the results we've had. Allen ha, s certainly been less than what we expected, but I dont see BM pulling the plug yet. Some of us fans might want to reshape the defense, but I dont think management does.
allen is bad. he can go.. lovejoy can be reducded dressed as needed... morris makes allen expendable, lydman's gone after this season anyways

Old
04-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
allen is bad. he can go.. lovejoy can be reducded dressed as needed... morris makes allen expendable, lydman's gone after this season anyways
You put it so non-chalantly. Who knows if Morris is actually available. Who knows what Phoenix asks for him or if we have that specifically. And while it would indeed make Allen expendable, he couldn't just "go", he'd have to be sent somewhere, realistically. Or Lydman. It's just a lot of considerations that we cannot cover on speculation.

Let's just wait and see what happens. Who moves, who doesn't, what we do, what we don't. Then we can try to evaluate. All this now is just a waste of time that will be rendered meaningless within 18 hours.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:02 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

I am waiting for him to say Murray is available because Penguins are losing 4-1 to Buffalo

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
i don't not believe in our guys, i don't want to see a quick playoff exit because we didn't add something half decent for a low to medium price.

This type of thinking is hardly worthy of a picture of leading sheep of a cliff... Mike fisher for whoever said that, is the next best thing we should shop for, would love for him to be on the team, awnser to our 2c issue.

First of all, they're lemmings. Secondly, your whole argument has been, we have to do something because other teams did something. If that isn't a lemming approach to building a team I don't know what is. Look at all your posts. You've offered to trade pretty much anybody for anybody as long as we do a deal so we "stay competitive". You absolutely just want to do something because other people are doing it.

Take a deep breath and realize the team won't turn to **** if we make no more moves.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Dirk316

All the Murray cheerleaders are out in full force

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
All the Murray cheerleaders are out in full force
The alternative is to ***** and whine about a situation that we have pretty much zero information on.

04-02-2013, 08:08 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
You put it so non-chalantly. Who knows if Morris is actually available. Who knows what Phoenix asks for him or if we have that specifically. And while it would indeed make Allen expendable, he couldn't just "go", he'd have to be sent somewhere, realistically. Or Lydman. It's just a lot of considerations that we cannot cover on speculation.

Let's just wait and see what happens. Who moves, who doesn't, what we do, what we don't. Then we can try to evaluate. All this now is just a waste of time that will be rendered meaningless within 18 hours.
Morris has some rumours on the trade thread... someone would take allen in a dump ... he do have 10 million, right now could load up then amensty those who dont retire or sign for cheaper

Old
04-02-2013, 08:08 PM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

vCash: 973
I was calling for Murray's head not even 6 months ago. I see that I was wrong, and the experiment he was running was correct. I have faith in him even if he doesn't do anything significant. There isn't even much left out there anyways. Most teams will be buyers. Not sellers.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
The alternative is to ***** and whine about a situation that we have pretty much zero information on.
... well, and a situation that regardless of the actual outcome is better than anyone would have dared to dream at the start of the year.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
... well, and a situation that regardless of the actual outcome is better than anyone would have dared to dream at the start of the year.
That too.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:11 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

Quote:
Morris has some rumours on the trade thread... someone would take allen in a dump ... he do have 10 million, right now could load up then amensty those who dont retire or sign for cheaper
The HF trade board is always a accurate place to look for who is available.

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Well, rumors are just one thing. Every year there's guys rumored that end up sticking. And as I said, him being put on the market by Phoenix would only be the first of many steps. And I don't quite get what you're trying to say about the amnesty buyouts, but there sure aren't teams looking to take on guys that they can pay millions for buyouts anytime soon. Not that I think it would be impossible to move Allen, but it's not necessarily something that's too easy. It takes a multi-level match, once again.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
My question to bootsgaudet then is this. Ideally who would you want the Ducks to trade for? What would we give up? And after this fictitious trade, are we then better or compete with the Chicago's, Pitt's, Vancouver's you claim we are so behind?

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:19 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
First of all, they're lemmings. Secondly, your whole argument has been, we have to do something because other teams did something. If that isn't a lemming approach to building a team I don't know what is. Look at all your posts. You've offered to trade pretty much anybody for anybody as long as we do a deal so we "stay competitive". You absolutely just want to do something because other people are doing it.

Take a deep breath and realize the team won't turn to **** if we make no more moves.
My argument has been that we need to add something to stay competitive however not change significant face with what we've had success around so far. BUt yes, the ducks should feel more compelled to add somthing seeing as everyone else around them is adding pieces on the Forewards and defence.

If you knew a storm was coming, you'd most likely stock up on supplies and fuel, not just decide to ride it out with only what you already have. better save than sorry, without going overboard, always good to be modesly prepared to ride out the long haul.

I also

I tossed sbisa's name out there once...

other than that

stuck to the picks and smith pelly.

And if we do indeed target a defender rather than a 2c, which is a need, Somthing would have to be done with Allen/Lydman/Lovejoy thats just a given.

I dont get how i'm panicking.. i just dont want to see this season laid to waste over somthing as a mid level trade to fill a need in our roter.

We may have a window, but that's not for sure thing in the next three years.

Look at how

SJS, van's, nashville's windows turned out.... in nothing.... best foot forward whenever we can, as long as its at a reasonable price

Old
04-02-2013, 08:23 PM
bootsgaudet

Quote:
i agree to this point, this is a given, i just dont want to see it wasted

Old
04-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Professor John Frink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRagingBolshevik View Post
Ah, finally someone acknowledges my comment.

Fowler seems to be the only one who can consistently get the puck up the ice. Losing Visnovsky still stings when it comes to our transition and I'm getting a tad tired of Souray's fly ball technique that works once out of every 50 tries.
Here is the issue RagingBol.

Who goes on D? Say all you want about Souray and his "homerun" passes, but the team scores with him on the ice and doesn't give up much. Hard to ask more of him.

I would just say, wait a year. Lydman will be gone, and Vatanan will take his place. You'll see some transition then...and a few goals against.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:24 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Edmonton wouldn't move Eberle, winning or not. He's 22 years old, and exactly the kind of player they want to see on the team when they look ahead.
I thought we could post all of our dreams in this make believe thread..

I don't want to play this game anymore

In other news: my Grimson jersey just arrived!!!!!!!

DaDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
I dont get how i'm panicking..
Well... the existence of this thread the night before the deadline is a bit of an indicator.

Quote:
i just dont want to see this season laid to waste over somthing as a mid level trade to fill a need in our roter.
The lack of a mid level trade isn't what's going to "lay to waste" this season. That's absurd.

Quote:
We may have a window, but that's not for sure thing in the next three years.

Look at how

SJS, van's, nashville's windows turned out.... in nothing.... best foot forward whenever we can, as long as its at a reasonable price
I don't think our window has actually really opened, yet. Yes, we have some veterans who won't be around for too long, but our young guns are at their very first steps. I don't think it's a window year. And I don't agree with that window-type thinking, anyway. You want your window to be open constantly. This year, next year, and three years away.

Old
04-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Professor John Frink

Quote:

But that is the point. To date, the guy running the show, the guy who amidst all us non believers this offseson, and to start the season, and 20 games in. Has deemed the market too expensive for what he wants to do.