HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ben Bishop for Curtis Glencross

Old
04-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Lukus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Ottawa should keep Bishop, dump Anderson.
I was one of the first to suggest that. It didn't go well then. I still stand by it. Re-sign Bishop, trade Anderson now if the return is a 1st or better, if not, wait till this summer or next season. Go with a tandem of Bishop and Lehner for half the price with no effect on the backend. Spend that money on acquiring a tough stay at home D or a top 6 F.

Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:03 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
What am I missing here? Why is Curtis Glencross getting so much love?

The dude is a 30 year old winger who has a career high of 48 points.

Clarke Macarthur is younger and has produced better, but according to most he could only fetch a 2nd...
48 points in 67 games, Vancouver gave basically the same contract to Higgins who isn't nearly as good of a player. Over the last 3 years Glencross has 64 goals and 113 points in 178 games for a 82 game pace of 53 points and 29 goals. How is he getting so much love? He does that with a 2.55 cap hit and is a great pker and physical presence. Mcarthur has 48 goals and 122 points in 185 games for a 82 game pace of 54 points and 21 goals. Mcarthur doesn't kill penalties and makes 700k more.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
I was one of the first to suggest that. It didn't go well then. I still stand by it. Re-sign Bishop, trade Anderson now if the return is a 1st or better, if not, wait till this summer or next season. Go with a tandem of Bishop and Lehner for half the price with no effect on the backend. Spend that money on acquiring a tough stay at home D or a top 6 F.
you realize we are already a cap floor team or below....we dont need "dump" the best goalie we've ever had in order to save money in order to spend it elsewhere.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:14 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

I'd prefer to trade Anderson (in the off season) only because i think we'd get a much better return. I am more than fine with a Lehner/Bishop combo.

If Anderson finishes the season strong, he'll never have more value.

OttawaSenators11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Yes, please lock this thread... pointless rehashing. No constructive talk/debates.
yeah after reading a bit of this thread, it's clear that the few Flames fans involved don't see the potential in Bishop, and how good he is becoming since getting a real chance and working with Rick Wamsley

Anyway it doesn't matter because if Flames management decide to make Bishop as their undisputable guy of the future (at least until other prospects develop, takes a lot of time with goalies), a trade would still happen despite what the fans think.

It's not that they can't fill the net with goalies next season, it's WHO they will choose to build around at that position...

/Thread

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:31 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tont View Post
EVERY TEAM'S FANS over values their own players. Pretty rich seeing Sens fans dumping on Flames fans for it given the way they're talking about Ben Bishop.

This is one of the worst threads I've seen on HF.
You clearly, clearly don't read the Trades board often enough, then.

There are some DOOZIES around here on a pretty regular basis.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:42 PM
HooliganX2

I think with the euro goalies the flames have now they don't have much interest in trading for biship now.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:46 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I think with the euro goalies the flames have now they don't have much interest in trading for biship now.
Euro goalies >>> real goalies

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:50 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
No apparently we need to trade for 21 year old All star Bishop and his 250+ games of nhl experience, as he is a sure thing to be great behind our **** defense Ottawa fans told me so.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

You do realize that if Bishop were more proven we probably wouldn't be talking about trading him for a guy like Glencross.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
Bishop has more upsides, I feel. Younger, bigger, etc...I always thought Anderson while solid, should only be a short-term solution for the Sens.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
You do realize that if Bishop were more proven we probably wouldn't be talking about trading him for a guy like Glencross.
Great. So you can add to Bishop.

Couple of hints first.

You have to add more then a 2nd.

Bishop, while Ottawa fans dream they can get a 1st for him, isn't worth a 1st.

Maybe next, BennyFTL can tell us all about Glencross' unsustainable shooting percentage.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:05 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Rumor is out there (as per Bob Mckenzie on yesterday's TSN Panel) that someone might have offered Ottawa a 1st rounder for Bishop.

Just mentioning that to give an idea as to Bishop's current market value. If it were ANYONE other than Bobby Mac, I wouldn't mention it, but Mckenzie is basically the most trusted source in hockey, so it's worth noting.

Old
04-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Rumor is out there (as per Bob Mckenzie on yesterday's TSN Panel) that someone might have offered Ottawa a 1st rounder for Bishop.

Just mentioning that to give an idea as to Bishop's current market value. If it were ANYONE other than Bobby Mac, I wouldn't mention it, but Mckenzie is basically the most trusted source in hockey, so it's worth noting.
Probably lottery protected.

There's been one player that has returned a straight up 1st, that being Iginla, there's been some pretty decent players moved too.

I'm going to call BS on that Mckenzie rumour. If a 1st was offered for Bishop then you take that everyday of the week, not something you sit on.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:21 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Probably lottery protected.

There's been one player that has returned a straight up 1st, that being Iginla, there's been some pretty decent players moved too.

I'm going to call BS on that Mckenzie rumour. If a 1st was offered for Bishop then you take that everyday of the week, not something you sit on.
Like I said, the fact that it's Mckenzie is the only reason it's worth mentioning. If it were anyone else, I'd have a much easier time dismissing it.

Mckenzie made it clear that they only way a Bishop trade happens is if Bryan Murray is satisfied that Craig Anderson is going to be returning to the lineup sooner than later. Maybe something about his current status is delaying a deal? Who knows...