HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Trade Deadline Thread (4/2: Jagr to BOS; McBain a healthy scratch)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 07:53 PM
  #851
RangersChamps2417
Registered User
 
RangersChamps2417's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Ian White if McBain isn't an option?

RangersChamps2417 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 07:53 PM
  #852
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Not to mention they will have to give Zucc a raise if they want to bring him back.

CapGeek has us at 11,610,000 available for next year. Have to sign Hagelin, McDonagh, Stepan. Sign Clowe? Figure out what to offer Zucc and Sauer?
Hags 2.5, Mcdonagh 4, Stepan 3.5.. can they get Clowe to take 3.5? we could shed some salary (bottom 6 guys) and still make it happen. Or can we get Stepan to sign for less, mcdonagh for less? etc.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 07:53 PM
  #853
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
ok, lets say both return to their form.. Gaborik >>>>>>>> Clowe.
Who has a better chance to return to form? The gritty power forward who scores the dirty goals, or the one-dimensional sniper who seems to have lost that one-dimension?

You really think Gaborik still has elite speed and an elite shot?

If he ever hits 40+ again, especially on this team, I'll gladly eat a heaping pile of crow.

But he's lost more than a step.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 07:53 PM
  #854
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yeah with Boyle and Pyatt.. I guess if we moved both of them for picks/prospects they might be able to do it. That frees up over 3.5M moving those 2.
what about trading those players to a team like Dallas who just moved out 2 bodies for UFA Forwards like Nystrom and Fiddler?..........clear the contracts and get new bottom 6 bodies for this season

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 07:54 PM
  #855
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Hags 2.5, Mcdonagh 4, Stepan 3.5.. can they get Clowe to take 3.5? we could shed some salary (bottom 6 guys) and still make it happen. Or can we get Stepan to sign for less, mcdonagh for less? etc.
If anything hopefully Hags signs for less. Look at what AA got at the time.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 07:55 PM
  #856
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater
 
Panfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Any news on McBain? I don't know much about him because I don't watch Carolina, but he's usually noticeable in a good way when we play them.

Panfork is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 07:55 PM
  #857
RangersChamps2417
Registered User
 
RangersChamps2417's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
what about trading those players to a team like Dallas who just moved out 2 bodies for UFA Forwards like Nystrom and Fiddler?..........clear the contracts and get new bottom 6 bodies for this season
I like this idea....

RangersChamps2417 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 07:55 PM
  #858
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 500
For the record, I've already said I'm ok with moving Gaborik if Slats gets a good return, but moving him for the sake of moving him? hogwash.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 07:55 PM
  #859
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Who has a better chance to return to form? The gritty power forward who scores the dirty goals, or the one-dimensional sniper who seems to have lost that one-dimension?

You really think Gaborik still has elite speed and an elite shot?

If he ever hits 40+ again, especially on this team, I'll gladly eat a heaping pile of crow.

But he's lost more than a step.
i dont think gaborik lost his one-dimension. i guess his thing is that he only likes to play every other year.

Ryan McDonut is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 07:56 PM
  #860
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
If anything hopefully Hags signs for less. Look at what AA got at the time.
Mcdonagh might too if he doesn't get a long term deal, look at what Subban got (2.8 per). Also, Staal is our best defenseman as we've seen with his absence, should Mcdonagh make more than him?? Then again, Mcdonagh or Stepan could receive an OS and blow the cap really outta the water.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 07:56 PM
  #861
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
For the record, I've already said I'm ok with moving Gaborik if Slats gets a good return, but moving him for the sake of moving him? hogwash.
I agree with you on this.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 07:58 PM
  #862
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
i dont think gaborik lost his one-dimension. i guess his thing is that he only likes to play every other year.
hes not the skater he once was and his shot isnt as good this yeas as it has been in the past but i dont think that was his only dimension. most of his goals are from being in the right place at the right time and going towards the net, despite people thinking hes just a soft perimeter player and breakaway specialist.

ecemleafs is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:00 PM
  #863
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
If anything hopefully Hags signs for less. Look at what AA got at the time.
i think we'll be surprised by the signings..

Mcd 3.975m (Staal contract)
Hags 2m-2.3m
Step should get 3-4m for 3-5yr but will get 2.5-3m 2yr deal(Logan/Duchene etc) Slats doesn't overpay RFAs...

which is crazy when ROR is getting 5m AAV when Stepan is a way better player!
But i think it helps that Carlson/FOwler signed his deal bc rangers have leverage with that.. i think he'll take a Staal type deal.. and Hags wont be an issue at all..his contract demands will be similar to callahan when he said as a Group 2..but its crazy to think these guys dont try ad sign big contracts considering how across the league these guys sign these crazy deals they arent really worth..

clowe will prob be resiged for 3-4yr 9-12m

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:00 PM
  #864
Thumpz
Registered User
 
Thumpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orlando FL
Country: United States
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Hags 2.5, Mcdonagh 4, Stepan 3.5.. can they get Clowe to take 3.5? we could shed some salary (bottom 6 guys) and still make it happen. Or can we get Stepan to sign for less, mcdonagh for less? etc.
If you lose Pyatt and Asham's salary, that's about 2.55 Million cleared, you can bring up Haley for the fourth line whose only making 600k next season I believe, so you clear 2 Million in space there alone.

I don't think you'll get McDonagh for much lower than 4 because he's arbitration eligible, but I can see Stepan coming down to 3, and Hagelin around 2 if they give us a small discount. If you somehow manage to fit it all in, it'd be TIGHT. Then you still worry about giving Sauer and Zucc Qualifying offers and it gets even worse.

Thumpz is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:01 PM
  #865
Theon
We are Groot
 
Theon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 2,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
Any news on McBain? I don't know much about him because I don't watch Carolina, but he's usually noticeable in a good way when we play them.
Pitkanen just got injured pretty badly. McBain might be needed there now.

Theon is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:02 PM
  #866
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpz View Post
If you lose Pyatt and Asham's salary, that's about 2.55 Million cleared, you can bring up Haley for the fourth line whose only making 600k next season I believe, so you clear 2 Million in space there alone.

I don't think you'll get McDonagh for much lower than 4 because he's arbitration eligible, but I can see Stepan coming down to 3, and Hagelin around 2 if they give us a small discount. If you somehow manage to fit it all in, it'd be TIGHT. Then you still worry about giving Sauer and Zucc Qualifying offers and it gets even worse.
I think we can pretty much forget about Sauer ... Yeah we can "bury" Asham if need me, we could also move Boyle.. I'd keep Miller at C this year to see if he can take over as the 3c for next year and going forward. That makes Boyle expendable.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:02 PM
  #867
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
i think we'll be surprised by the signings..

Mcd 3.975m (Staal contract)
Hags 2m-2.3m
Step should get 3-4m for 3-5yr but will get 2.5-3m 2yr deal(Logan/Duchene etc) Slats isnt Edm Carolinas of the world..

clowe will prob be resiged for 3-4yr 9-12m
This is an ideal scenario. Also realistic, Sather has been pretty damn good when it comes to dealing with RFAs.

In this case, we could keep Gaborik.

However, I think cap reasons aren't the only reason why moving him is so likely.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:04 PM
  #868
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
This is an ideal scenario. Also realistic, Sather has been pretty damn good when it comes to dealing with RFAs.

In this case, we could keep Gaborik.

However, I think cap reasons aren't the only reason why moving him is so likely.
it seems he's at odds with Torts, thats one of the reasons I think he will be moved. though I move the coach before the goal scorer anyday of the week, thats just me though.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:06 PM
  #869
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersChamps2417 View Post
Ian White if McBain isn't an option?
Or take a chance on Savard, he has the size the skillset, but 10 games NHL experience. Torts would probably not use him these playoffs.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:13 PM
  #870
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater
 
Panfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
Pitkanen just got injured pretty badly. McBain might be needed there now.
Yikes. Bad loss for Carolina if he's out long-term. Oh well.

Why is everybody so obsessed with Babchuk? He's played less than 100 games in 3 seasons on Calgary. He can't be that good if he doesn't even make the lineup there.

Panfork is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:18 PM
  #871
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
My money is Rangers get Cory Sarich... played for Torts UFA add toughness to soft blueline.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:19 PM
  #872
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,489
vCash: 500
What are some names that could be available for a 3C? Goc? What else?

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:20 PM
  #873
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,469
vCash: 500
Islanders going to win...we're in 9th...

nevesis is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:21 PM
  #874
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,203
vCash: 500
We need to acquire a #3 center and a mobile defenseman and I think we'll be in great shape.

Hanke is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 08:21 PM
  #875
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
What are some names that could be available for a 3C? Goc? What else?
Gordon, Ott, Goc

NYR Viper is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.