HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Winnipeg signs Jacob Trouba to ELC

Old
04-02-2013, 08:16 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I never understood kids leaving school early. Good for the Jets, just one of those things I see Trouba possibly regretting one day.
With millions in the bank
He can go back when ever he wants

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:23 PM
avsman

vCash: 500
The Troubinator

avsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:28 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

vCash: 50
The interesting fact is after it was announced in the 2nd intermission Byfuglien played the entire 3rd on the wing.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:41 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
I would call him "Door".
Not a good name for a D-man.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:46 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Presume the contract starts this season with the expectation it will slide a season when he doesn't play 10 games?

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
I never understood kids leaving school early. Good for the Jets, just one of those things I see Trouba possibly regretting one day.
Why? You can always go back to school. If he's good enough to play pro there's no reason not to.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
The interesting fact is after it was announced in the 2nd intermission Byfuglien played the entire 3rd on the wing.
I think that's more to do with the fact that we have absolutely no one past Wheeler on the right side. You could tell Buff wasn't too thrilled being put in that position in the post game interview.

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:56 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Presume the contract starts this season with the expectation it will slide a season when he doesn't play 10 games?
It will not slide if he plays 6 games. They will only burn a year if they're absolutely forced to. He won't play the first few games at least.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
With millions in the bank
He can go back when ever he wants
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Why? You can always go back to school. If he's good enough to play pro there's no reason not to.
How often does anyone actually go back to school and/or earn as good of an education as they would have while younger? Let alone get the same experience that college brings. I know personally I can see the changes in myself from when I was a Freshman to when I graduate soon.

We often see these guys enter the NHL still too immature to handle what they are being asked to do.

Again, this means nothing about Trouba persay. I expect him to be great, but if given the choice I'd rather go the Shattenkirk route than the Trouba route personally.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
I think that's more to do with the fact that we have absolutely no one past Wheeler on the right side. You could tell Buff wasn't too thrilled being put in that position in the post game interview.
Exactly. The team is getting no offense and Noel was just trying something to provide any kind of offensive spark. That, and the fact that there has been no scoring from any line but #1.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:08 PM
PensBeerGeek

Send a message via AIM to PensBeerGeek Send a message via Yahoo to PensBeerGeek
Quote:
After the Kevin Ware and Marcus Lattimore injuries, I can't ever blame a "student-athlete" for taking the money when it's there.

PensBeerGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:11 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 877
Quote:
How often does anyone actually go back to school and/or earn as good of an education as they would have while younger? Let alone get the same experience that college brings. I know personally I can see the changes in myself from when I was a Freshman to when I graduate soon.

We often see these guys enter the NHL still too immature to handle what they are being asked to do.

Again, this means nothing about Trouba persay. I expect him to be great, but if given the choice I'd rather go the Shattenkirk route than the Trouba route personally.
You also get a lot of life experience playing in the NHL. The kid is ready and even 3 years on a ELC will more than equal what he would earn in the real world with a degree.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:20 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
most of these top-ranked kids arent going to college for school, they're going there for hockey development and the 'college experience'.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Trouba > Dumba

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:33 PM
The Instigator

Tru.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Chevrier

Jacob Trouba, at times, has already looked head and shoulders over the peers in his age group. He has looked flat out dominating occasionally too. Here's to hoping he lives up to all the hype because he looks likes he's going to be a keeper long term.

For the seven Jets fan who don't know who he is, you'll love him in no time ha.

Chevrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:48 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I still don't understand how he fell all the way to 9th overall. Wouldn't be surprised to see him turn into a realllllly good #2 d-man.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:49 PM
PostmanPat1919

I don't think someone with the surname Trouba would really need a nickname when you think about it.

PostmanPat1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:50 PM
HockeySens

trouba, bogosian, enstrom, bfuyglien damn jets looking fine at the back end

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:50 PM
sabresfan129103

Man, I wish we had a guy like Trouba in our system. Jets fans have got to be super excited right now.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Trouba > Dumba

Never understood the hype with Dumba. I never liked him, had him mid-first round in my rankings. I understand he did good in Min camp this year and nearly made the team, but at his size and style I just don't see more than a bottom pairing D. I had Trouba as my #2 D in the 2012 draft, stand by that.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Quote:

If all goes according to plan for him, he'll never "have" to go back. He'd basically be set. I'd rather have the chance to play pro hockey than get the college experience.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:58 PM
mmymryk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
Storm Trouba?
I laughed a bit at this one. Winner so far.

mmymryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Never understood the hype with Dumba. I never liked him, had him mid-first round in my rankings. I understand he did good in Min camp this year and nearly made the team, but at his size and style I just don't see more than a bottom pairing D. I had Trouba as my #2 D in the 2012 draft, stand by that.
He (Dumba) is gonna have to develop his hockey IQ a lot more because at his size, I don't see his physical game translating to the NHL very well either. He'll have to rely on his puck-moving ability and solid shot from the point if he wants to make the NHL. If he improves his defensive game I think I can see him taking over Gilbert's spot on the 2nd pairing in a few years.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:00 PM
haterbehatin

Quote:

So the thing that I think maybe you're missing here and why you would question why anyone would leave school early is this, say you wanna be a fireman. You've wanted to be a fireman since you were 6 years old everything you've done since then has been in the hopes to achieve your dream of becoming a fireman it's the reason you went to school in the first place. So you're in school and you already know you could go and do it now you're ready you've known what you need to and the local firehouse knows this and recognizes this and they've contacted you and said hey you don't need to finish school you've already met all the requirements. Now you can stay in school even though your dream is on hold, life the college life and the firehouse will still be there, but this is your dream you've worked for it all your life. Now picture this not only will your skills not improve anymore the ones relative to living your dream as a fireman but while you're in school many many other young firefighters will come out and take jobs, sure you'll still get your opportunity and can still become a fireman but you might never become the one that you could've been you may have just missed your shot at your best opportunity.

Now ask yourself why exactly would they stay in school when their dream job is waiting for them right there in front of them.

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote