HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ryane Clowe

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2013, 09:23 PM
  #76
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,100
vCash: 500
I've heard from Sharks fans that sometimes he goes too far and takes penalties, but I don't mind that at all for if no other reason, just to stick it to Torts

__________________
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:26 PM
  #77
mgftp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
They are not even comparable players offensively. Prust is a 4th line 20 or so pt player. Close is a borderline 2nd liner who puts up 55 pts a year.
Given his age and stat trends the most likely case is that he never again puts up 55 points in a season.

mgftp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:27 PM
  #78
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 4h Look for #Rangers to dump some $ before 3pm. The plan is 2 extend Clowe at some pt and parameters r understood for a new deal. #TradeTracker
Nice. If he can be a Dubinsky but better, we'll have a very good player.

__________________
Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:27 PM
  #79
Placid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Do we think he gets re-signed?
That surely must be the plan ? If not, its a stupendous overpayment for him for 15 games.

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:28 PM
  #80
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Nice. If he can be a Dubinsky but better, we'll have a very good player.
Amazing how quick that user title of yours changed when you found out he'd resign

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:29 PM
  #81
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Nice. If he can be a Dubinsky but better, we'll have a very good player.
He's definitely much more intimidating.

Many Sharks fans (and fans of other Western teams) have called him the West's version of Milan Lucic.

I'll take that in a heartbeat.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:30 PM
  #82
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
The wheels of Mike Rupp combined with the hands of Brian Boyle.

Yet another old, broke-down, on the way out player for Slats' collection.

Once players in the mold of Clowe start declining due to injuries, it's a rapid downward spiral. He'll be out of the NHL in two years.
Old,lol,he's 30. What are you 16 =\ ,really man....

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:31 PM
  #83
JAX
Registered User
 
JAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Country: Canada
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Here's his last goal....362 days ago. FWIW, it is a really nice goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDzt8P4YBAw&t=1m25s

In link form to go to specific time.
So the Rangers are desparate for goals so they get a guy who hasn't scored in a year?

JAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:31 PM
  #84
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,224
vCash: 500
This Rangers team has not had a lot of attitude. Rangers teams from the past that were light on the physical end have always been mediocre or poor teams. I've been following them from 71-72 and I understand that we're not scoring enough but sometimes the little things like a team good at defending its players leads to more confidence from the better players. Just saying. I'm not looking for tough guys who can't play but we're definitely better off with a tough team than a lame one.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:34 PM
  #85
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: north finchley
Country: United States
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
This Rangers team has not had a lot of attitude. Rangers teams from the past that were light on the physical end have always been mediocre or poor teams. I've been following them from 71-72 and I understand that we're not scoring enough but sometimes the little things like a team good at defending its players leads to more confidence from the better players. Just saying. I'm not looking for tough guys who can't play but we're definitely better off with a tough team than a lame one.
definitely. totally agree. the rangers need police, not goons. they have for years, actually. so this is automatically a good deal, in that regard. i'd prefer the rangers could grow their own policemen, but this is the next best thing. i hope he fits-in and sticks-around for the long term. i can live with lower offensive numbers.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  #86
Tawnos
Moderator
BoH Mod Only
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
This Rangers team has not had a lot of attitude. Rangers teams from the past that were light on the physical end have always been mediocre or poor teams. I've been following them from 71-72 and I understand that we're not scoring enough but sometimes the little things like a team good at defending its players leads to more confidence from the better players. Just saying. I'm not looking for tough guys who can't play but we're definitely better off with a tough team than a lame one.
Well stated. I think people too easily forget how our physical play last year was a catalyst to good things from our offense. Dubinsky and Prust might not have put up a lot of points themselves, but they definitely provided a lot of that spark.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  #87
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX View Post
So the Rangers are desparate for goals so they get a guy who hasn't scored in a year?
Reeks of Sather reclamation project in terms of his production.

That being said, I think he'll still make use of himself provided he signs for a reasonable price.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:38 PM
  #88
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 4h Look for #Rangers to dump some $ before 3pm. The plan is 2 extend Clowe at some pt and parameters r understood for a new deal. #TradeTracker
goodbye gabs.. or buyout for richards!!

well not really.. prob asham, pyatt boyle all the possibilities....

should be interesting to see what we sign him too if thats the intension, which it seems like it is.. i def see 3 or 4yr deal 3.5AAV

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:45 PM
  #89
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,613
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
goodbye gabs.. or buyout for richards!!

well not really.. prob asham, pyatt boyle all the possibilities....

should be interesting to see what we sign him too if thats the intension, which it seems like it is.. i def see 3 or 4yr deal 3.5AAV
No chance Richards is moved in any way tomorrow and I think it's extremely unlikely that they move Gabby too.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:47 PM
  #90
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Abingdon, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,555
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
goodbye gabs.. or buyout for richards!!

well not really.. prob asham, pyatt boyle all the possibilities....

should be interesting to see what we sign him too if thats the intension, which it seems like it is.. i def see 3 or 4yr deal 3.5AAV
It will be 4m AAV for 5 years.

Boyle + for a 3rd + 4th.

Just a guess

__________________
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:08 PM
  #91
Squeeven
Registered User
 
Squeeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
You guys will love him for how much heart he brings to the game and how much he is willing to stand up for his teammates. He was like a big brother to Couture, stood up for him all the time. He lets his temper get the better of him sometimes though and ends up taking dumb penalties but otherwise a great player who was just snakebit this year and can't find the back of the net even though lately he was playing well. You guys will like him and I'm interested to hear if he clashes with Torts haha.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:13 PM
  #92
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,613
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
You guys will love him for how much heart he brings to the game and how much he is willing to stand up for his teammates. He was like a big brother to Couture, stood up for him all the time. He lets his temper get the better of him sometimes though and ends up taking dumb penalties but otherwise a great player who was just snakebit this year and can't find the back of the net even though lately he was playing well. You guys will like him and I'm interested to hear if he clashes with Torts haha.
There is a duality to this that would benefit this team greatly. It shows some passion and some emotion which is severely lacking around here at times.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:17 PM
  #93
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
There is a duality to this that would benefit this team greatly. It shows some passion and some emotion which is severely lacking around here at times.
True I've been dying for a bad penalty at the right time with this team for months

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:17 PM
  #94
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
There is a duality to this that would benefit this team greatly. It shows some passion and some emotion which is severely lacking around here at times.
I wish someone would have "let their temper get the best of them" when Doucheoretty boarded McDonagh.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:19 PM
  #95
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,613
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
True I've been dying for a bad penalty at the right time with this team for months
I'm never a fan of penalties but there are some serious scenarios of justification. We don't seem to like those.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:19 PM
  #96
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,121
vCash: 50
Clearly will be a Clowe-Mashinter connection.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:22 PM
  #97
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,121
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
No chance Richards is moved in any way tomorrow and I think it's extremely unlikely that they move Gabby too.
I think the possibility of Gaborik being traded at the draft is starting to rise with all the picks we're trading away. Allows him to finish out the season and see if he can rebound at all in these last few games+playoffs if we make it, if not maybe Sather can flip him for a top prospect+1st or whatever magic he would work out. I don't think we even pick until the 3rd/4th round this year as it stands?

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:25 PM
  #98
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,153
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
I think the possibility of Gaborik being traded at the draft is starting to rise with all the picks we're trading away. Allows him to finish out the season and see if he can rebound at all in these last few games+playoffs if we make it, if not maybe Sather can flip him for a top prospect+1st or whatever magic he would work out. I don't think we even pick until the 3rd/4th round this year as it stands?
That, or another possibility is that Richards is amnestied and we stand put without the picks we lost.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:27 PM
  #99
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
When Nash is 2nd in penalty minutes on your team, there is something wrong.

Quote:
2012-2013 - Regular Season - New York Rangers - Penalty Minutes
1 Stu Bickel 49
2 Rick Nash 26
3 Brian Boyle 23
4 Darroll Powe 29 (Includes Minnesota)
5 Arron Asham 17
6 Dan Girardi 16
7 Anton Stralman 16
8 Carl Hagelin 14
9 Marc Staal 14

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:51 PM
  #100
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,994
vCash: 500
Is he playing tonight?

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.